Admin abuse | George the boy | Grub
Exclamation 
Name:Jamster

Time/Date:3pmGMT (estimate) 11/08/14

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:50667486

Name of Administrator: [FL:M]GeorgeTheBoy | [FL]Grub

Evidence:

**Still more evidence to come but Its late and I only just got the video up**

Summary: I was driving along in my car when I drove past the industrial area when something peculiar caught my attention
I scrolled out to extend my view only to see both admin Grub and moderator George were flying around on server V2D while doing a clan role-play. Later both began teleporting around and freezing people and messing around in general (evidence to be uploaded). The fact they seems to have time to fly around and cause mayhem amongst themselves left me in shock and awe as the server was hardly clear of minges and rule breakers. I do not deny, in the time they were on the server they dealt with most situations I struggle to understand why they should be flying round while wearing the [SSA - agent] tag as their job name.
From the evidence you have put up (as of now that is) I only see them pasting dupes (the logo to be exact) for their clan base / dupe? I don't see the abuse nor the problem.
Kind Regards,
Floodify
(08-11-2014, 10:03 PM)Viktor Wrote: From the evidence you have put up (as of now that is) I only see them pasting dupes (the logo to be exact) for their clan base / dupe? I don't see the abuse nor the problem.

I will highlight them flying round if you want?

The abuse is using commands they have been entrusted with for the better of the server to fly round building on the rp server, non build, while doing a supposed clan RP.

The problem is that staff seem to find it Ok to happily fly round when the average user doesn't even have access to a form of votekick, let alone noclip.

This isn't about users getting more commands, but about admins abusing their commands.
(08-11-2014, 10:03 PM)Jamster Wrote:
(08-11-2014, 10:03 PM)Viktor Wrote: From the evidence you have put up (as of now that is) I only see them pasting dupes (the logo to be exact) for their clan base / dupe? I don't see the abuse nor the problem.

The abuse is using commands they have been entrusted with for the better of the server to fly round building on the rp server, non build, while doing a supposed clan RP.

The problem is that even moderators seem to find it Ok to happily fly round when the average user doesn't even have access to a form of votekick, let alone noclip.

This isn't about users getting more commands, but about admins abusing their commands.

They have been entitled with commands to improve the RP on the server. What they are doing is improving the RP on the server in fact. The users have the build server (admin can obviously be on there as well), however no-clipping isn't prohibited in terms of building something that would at some point make the RP on the server for the whole server or a specific group good / better. It would be a different thing if they were building huge penises or likewise, but obviously they are doing something else here.

The following points are no abuse:
  • Banning you, even if you don't like the reason, make an unban request for this.
  • Administering unorthodox punishments, i.e. !slay.
  • Applying god mode to themself, even in a raid this may be needed for admin duties.
  • Noclipping/teleporting away from RP in event of admin situation.
  • Not responding to your @ messages immediately.
    • Admins may be busy or unable to respond or already checking logs but just haven't informed you yet.
  • Removing your props.
    • Sometimes this is necessary in order to keep you in line with the rules. Even if they remove a base in the middle of the raid, while it is a somewhat harsh move and he should remove all aggressors first, it is your fault for creating a doombase.
  • Refunding with a valid reason, either himself or others.
  • Muting you in OOC, it is often necessary.
  • The list goes on, but these are common complaints, and you should use common sense when making an admin abuse thread.

The following points are abuse
  • Using admin powers to RDM, i.e. godmoding and firing RPGs at people.
  • Using noclip or teleport to help some friends in a raid.
  • Demotes someone solely in order to claim the job.
  • Using noclip or teleport to avoid RP situations (unless admin situation).
  • Bypassing arrest mechanism (unless admin situation).
  • Unfairly refunding himself free items for no reason.
  • Abuse of admin powers against people, i.e. random !slay, !ignite
  • Using godmode/heal during a raid solely to give himself a fighting advantages
  • Teleporting his friends into an active raid in order to help out
  • Using admin tools and constructs for an unfair agressive advantage unless previously agreed upon by all parties involved for an RP situation.
  • Breaking rules himself solely because he is an admin
  • Messing around, for example killing other admins or using punishment commands for the fun of it, etc.
Kind Regards,
Floodify
(08-11-2014, 10:10 PM)Viktor Wrote:
(08-11-2014, 10:03 PM)Jamster Wrote:

The problem is that even moderators seem to find it Ok to happily fly round when the average user doesn't even have access to a form of votekick, let alone noclip.

They have been entitled with commands to improve the RP on the server. What they are doing is improving the RP on the server in fact. The users have the build server (admin can obviously be on there as well), however no-clipping isn't prohibited in terms of building something that would at some point make the RP on the server for the whole server or a specific group good / better. It would be a different thing if they were building huge penises or likewise, but obviously they are doing something else here.

But by this logic I can kill people for no reason is somehow it will improve a future rp? Surely if staff are allowed to use their noclip command on the rp server to build, FailRp - flying magically isn't a thing, the average user should be entitled to the same benefits?

The point of being admin is not to get commands meaning you can fly around but to get commands to protect the server? If admins are allowed to noclip around while building then hell, sign me up to be a mod! This shouldn't be allowed and I don't see how it could be.

Edit; also, you failed to copy the bit at the bottom that said abuse is not limited to these guide lines.

Quote:Remember, use common sense, there should be less random unnecessary admin abuse threads, but we are still interested in hearing about any possible admin abuse, as we take these matters very seriously. If you have concerns about an admins performance but it is not strictly abuse, please send a private message to either one of the Super Admins or the owner.

Also, no clipping to build while on 2D, 2p or 33x is avoiding an RP situation, building. If it were on build that's a non rp server so no rp is avoided.

Its an improper use of commands, flying around, failrping cause I don't know about you but I'm not superman and can't magically fly, to avoid building like a normal user.

If a user were to prop climb to build something thru would get a BR with a PTE blacklist for prop climb. This is the same idea.

That how simple it becomes.
Negative, Physgun is an OOC object which makes your comparison invalid as killing people is IC (with a reason obviously) Building with physgun is OOC related and using guns is IC related (if not abused, which is a violation of the rules if you abuse it). I do not believe you have written our conducts and our duty is to yes, protect the server from the people you call minges, but also to improve the RP and such. You do not get to sign up for moderator, you are chosen, and that for a very good reason. They obviously had good intent so why make this as it would be something negative? Why do you strive to make a, honestly, good thing to a bad thing? I don't see any abuse in a form where he destroyed, insulted or tried to ruin anyone experience (from the current evidence).

Most admins tends to set up an RP (build) whilst responding to calls, thus instead of just being on build server and just building you can take calls AND build on the main server, which is better for you and only you.
Kind Regards,
Floodify
(08-11-2014, 10:21 PM)Viktor Wrote: Negative, Physgun is an OOC object which makes your comparison invalid as killing people is IC (with a reason obviously) Building with physgun is OOC related and using guns is IC related (if not abused, which is a violation of the rules if you abuse it). I do not believe you have written our conducts and our duty is to yes, protect the server from the people you call minges, but also to improve the RP and such. You do not get to sign up for moderator, you are chosen, and that for a very good reason. They obviously had good intent so why make this as it would be something negative? Why do you strive to make a, honestly, good thing to a bad thing? I don't see any abuse in a form where he destroyed, insulted or tried to ruin anyone experience (from the current evidence).

Most admins tends to set up an RP (build) whilst responding to calls, thus instead of just being on build server and just building you can take calls AND build on the main server, which is better for you and only you.
I was talking the sign up joking and figuratively.

They used commands entrusted with them to moderate/administrate the server for their own personal gain and benefit. By your logic also everyone should be noclipped when they want if they are building shouldn't they?

You don't seem to understand that they are using commands no normal user has to give themself an advantage that no user has, building while doing a clan RP.

Also, if building is OOC why were they on the IC server building? Again, by your logic, more failRP. Moreover, you how about another comparison, prop smashing and killing 10 people so I could do a resurrection rp. Two OOC situations compared that would "improve" a future rp.
(I was there at the time)
All we were doing was setting up for a future RP, the only thing I can see in your video is you 3rd person abusing to look over a wall and you state that they were flying around... you do know they're staff correct?.. all staff have a right to fly and if you want to join them in then go on the build server!

why are you so mad about this anyway.. our building never involved you or harmed you.
(08-11-2014, 10:34 PM)Ciryl Wrote: (I was there at the time)
All we were doing was setting up for a future RP, the only thing I can see in your video is you 3rd person abusing to look over a wall and you state that they were flying around... you do know they're staff correct?.. all staff have a right to fly and if you want to join them in then go on the build server!

If your saying going third person is failrp, so is flying. Also, I would join them flying on the build server if they were on the build server. How do they have a right to fly around and use commands only they are entrusted with when no other is? Furthermore, if all you were doing was setting up a future rp, not rping in the slightest, surely you all should've been on the build server?

That's why its there after all isn't it? Building for future rps?
Quote:They used commands entrusted with them to moderate/administrate the server for their own personal gain and benefit. By your logic also everyone should be noclipped when they want if they are building shouldn't they?
You seem to fail to see that it wasn't for personal benefit nor gain, it was for players and so they could get a good RP experience. No, users aren't entitled to these tools for a reason and the staff have been entitled with them along with guidelines, which Grub or GeorgeTheBoy did not violate.

And as stated, they made a compromise to increase YOUR, yes yours Jamster, experience. They were on the main server and if there were calls they could respond to them, as they wouldn't be able to if they built it on the build server. Setting up an RP is hardly IC, so there were no failRP with this. And again, using physgun and building is not IC related as physgun and toolgun is OOC related. They didn't RP as superman, they didn't RP an invisible ladder.. they set up an RP and that is OOC, not IC.

"FutureRP" like you are describing is not allowed unless strict supervise and if it goes over the top, there will be consequences.
Kind Regards,
Floodify