Steam not opening
I've tried opening my steam and GMod and neither work, it says steam updating then tomzzelitezz connecting to steam then nothing happens. I've tried looking in task manager and there is no steam process for me to end.
Anyone got any fixes?
CNTRL + ALT + DELETE -> Open the job list -> go to processes -> end Steam.exe -> open steam normally.

That should work.
Tried restarting your PC?
[Image: 8KO1g8f.png]
+rep AwestruckBullet for this awesome signature!
Tried restarting my PC nothing, There is no Steam.exe in the task manager
(08-05-2014, 10:58 AM)XxTomzzxX Wrote: Tried restarting my PC nothing, There is no Steam.exe in the task manager

You gotta double check. Task manager, processes and then scroll down to Steam.exe, if it isn't there will it mean that you will have to reinstall steam.
(08-05-2014, 11:18 AM)Bowie R. Wrote:
(08-05-2014, 10:58 AM)XxTomzzxX Wrote: Tried restarting my PC nothing, There is no Steam.exe in the task manager

You gotta double check. Task manager, processes and then scroll down to Steam.exe, if it isn't there will it mean that you will have to reinstall steam.

Reinstalled Steam still won't open at all??
(08-05-2014, 11:36 AM)XxTomzzxX Wrote:
(08-05-2014, 11:18 AM)Bowie R. Wrote:

Reinstalled Steam still won't open at all??

There is something terrible wrong then :/
It now says the steam is unable to write to it's files or something like that could someone please help. I'm getting quite frustrated :/
Have you tried starting steam as an administrator?
With all due respect,

Trevor Jackson

[Image: ActualSig.jpg]
I've had the problem so I contacted Steam support. Here is the fix:
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_arti...-TIAL-4638
Kind Regards,
Wood.