GHOSTK1LL3R Unban Request
Your name: (Steam friends name)
GHOSTK1LL3R
Your ban ID: (Number of the ban, this could be 2779 for example)
STEAM_0:0:38145384
Banned by: (Please use the staff member's full name with [FL]/[FL:M] tag)
[FL]Floodify
Reason: (Why were you banned, what is listed as the reason?)
'Abusing glitch'
Involved: (Who was involved? Type a - when there were no other people involved except you and the staff member.)
Unknown
Why we should unban you: (A motivation why we should unban you, or why your ban should be shortened)
Burnett has said it's for 'Buttons to Exceed prop limit'. I would like to first and foremost say. Why? Why ban for this? The point of this server is to roleplay correct? You go on and on about lowering aggressive RP and making it passive. Hell you even host PassiveRP days for this. I have only 'abused' this 'glitch' to make my PassiveRP's better. Why shun someone for this? There is no reason to shun someone for this, not even a warning was given also.
Admittedly yes, I assume you could call this 'abusing a glitch'. But there are two types of 'abusing a glitch' There is the first one which is to ruin the server and cause havoc and then there is the second one to enhance an RP . Now, if you would of cared to look at the RP I used for buttons you would of noticed I did it to make my RP a lot better than it was. Hell , I had a door of which when you clicked 'E' on it, it would open. I mean how nice is that?

If you want to know hows it done. Right click on the prop you want click 'copy to keyboard' and then type in console button_model and then you can spawn it in as a button

Now I'd like to ask. Why would you ban for 8 months.?You can say 'exploiting a glitch' but the ONLY reason I did that was to improve an RP. You admins go over the prop limit because you can. Yes? So it's not because I could crash the server. You do it to improve RP. So why take me down because I can improve an RP?

I feel this ban is not only overkill. 8 Months? Are you serious? But a personal attack on myself. You might be saying 'ob but you like exploited a glitch'. Well what I am going to say back to you is this. Here are some bans which have got lower than me in time:

Azap03 - STEAM_0:0:50878066 - Repeated NLR, Going on roof using chair, Suiciding, 10th Ban -
2 Months, 13 days, 10 hours

Samurai Joe - STEAM_0:0:52757745 - Mass Prop killing, minging, Mass RDM -

5 Months, 27 days, 9 hours

Matty Chew - STEAM_0:1:61784902 - BRA (50125) - Propblocking, Prop Spam (Attempted crash on server, Public building -
28 days, 15 hours

The Midget Fister - STEAM_0:1:17018782 - Prop pushing/Killing, 11th ban -
7 Months, 3 days, 5 hours

Now I am going to ask you something. Spot the pattern. Oh, whats that? Did you say that they're all trying to ruin other peoples experience? Yes, you did.

My ban time is VERY unjustified, you have NO reason to ban for 8months I am a dedicated member, I have been playing for around 10 hours each day, with 650 hours with 5RP points and only 2 bans and my last ban was with 60 hours and isn't even Mass RDM.

Finishing notes:

Got a 8 Month ban for PassiveRP. 8 Month ban. I want you to REALLY think about your servers. And for what you ban for. What are you REALLY banning for? People who commit only rule breakage get off with lighter bans and someone of whom was making their RP look nicer gets a 8month ban.

Notes: If you're wondering who told that I was banned. You can look at Ivan Tempski nice guy snitched on me. +1rep!
First off, Ivan didn't snitch.. No one snitch. An staff member did his job and reported this to me which in turn I and Temar investigated it and found out you had done this. Abusing a glitch is a permanent ban, but consider your clean record and your attempt to RP I decided to have it on 8 months.

Quote:Using cheats, hacks or abusing glitches is under zero tolerance and will lead to a permanent ban.

It doesn't matter if you did it in the name of the RP, it is not allowed. You are not allowed to break rules JUST so you can enhance your RP. If you'd like to have more than 40 props for your RP, then ask another player to spawn in a second dupe. You don't abuse a glitch to get over the limit, which has been set for a reason, just because you have a good RP. Under no circumstances is this allowed and it was indeed justified. 8 months is an appropriate length for this kind of offence, even if you think it's over kill just because you tried to do a good RP. And to be clear, this is not a personal attack or whatever. I have obviously no grudges with you, so that do not make any sense.

You did this intentionally, you should of known the risks.
Kind Regards,
Floodify
Ok Flood. You say that then. ' Exploiting banned props through buttons, you know better than this.(Banned by Salinsky) Extended. Holdem -> Extended due to disrespect to staff'(Incase you have forgotten this was your ban.

You YOURSELF used the usage to spawn BANNED props and admin disrespect and you get a SHORTER ban. Explain to me how the fuck is this fair. IN no WAY was I abusing to spawn banned props. Also, you try do a 1 man dupe that looks nice with 40 props. You can't because it's too little and asking for someone else to paste down a dupe is not always the directions forward because I myself live to RP on my own but the server doesn't allow it. Even though in the rules it says glitches and hacks is zero tolerance it's hardly a glitch because you knew how to do it and that was banned a year ago. Not my fault it's not patched. If it was serious then it would be patched.

(08-03-2014, 04:18 PM)Floodify Wrote: First off, Ivan didn't snitch.. No one snitch. An staff member did his job and reported this to me which in turn I and Temar investigated it and found out you had done this. Abusing a glitch is a permanent ban, but consider your clean record and your attempt to RP I decided to have it on 8 months.

Quote:Using cheats, hacks or abusing glitches is under zero tolerance and will lead to a permanent ban.

It doesn't matter if you did it in the name of the RP, it is not allowed. You are not allowed to break rules JUST so you can enhance your RP. If you'd like to have more than 40 props for your RP, then ask another player to spawn in a second dupe. You don't abuse a glitch to get over the limit, which has been set for a reason, just because you have a good RP. Under no circumstances is this allowed and it was indeed justified. 8 months is an appropriate length for this kind of offence, even if you think it's over kill just because you tried to do a good RP. And to be clear, this is not a personal attack or whatever. I have obviously no grudges with you, so that do not make any sense.

You did this intentionally, you should of known the risks.
My ban is not relevant, it was a completely different situation which is not be discussed on this UBR. There are more to it then just that reason, for your information..

Secondly, it doesn't justify your reason to abuse a glitch. You went over the prop limit intentionally, instead of you could done it the righteous way and asked someone to spawn it for you (second part), which you did not. And the very simple reason why it is still available is because the many good RPers that uses this to make more detailed buttons, not for exceeding the prop limit (which is a glitch you abused).
Kind Regards,
Floodify
I don't see how your ban isn't relevant. Your ban was far greater than mine. You exploited like no tomorrow in that ban and receive less time. I want to know why you have given me 8 months. Tell me why 8 months is 'fair'. 8 fucking months. 2 should be max for this map considering I haven't tried to crash the server or anything like that. I understand that this ban is fair but the time for it is overkill by far.
We're discussing your ban here, GHOST. Not Flood's.

Stay on topic. It's your ban you're appealing so focus on it instead.
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator
This is where this stands. Players have a prop limit of 40 (Use to be 30). That is your limit. If that is our limit, whenever you have more than that you are exceeding the limit we gave you. Since the limit is 40 there is no way to actually get more than that unless you are abusing a certain thing. In this case it was buttons. This is indeed abusing a glitch and as Flood brought up;

That means that the ban can be permanent if the administrator in question chooses too. Comparing bans does absolutely nothing and will get you no where so if you have a question about the ban go talk to Holdem (The one who extended it).

So all I am seeing here is you did abuse a glitch in which you gave yourself more props by making them buttons which allows you to have more props than everyone else. I also see this ban can be a permanent ban if the administrator chooses. So you should be happy its not a permanent ban.
So let me get this straight. You think it's 'fair' and should be 'happy' that I am not fucking perm'd for getting more props to make my Roleplay look better? Are you having a joke? I hoesn't don't care what you say because what you have done is banned someone who is trying to improve their RP. In no way, shape or form can you say ANYTHING that can overrule that. I am trying to make my RP better and this is how you repay your member. This is pathetic.
Yup, it's fair. You broke a rule which is usually a permaban.. instead you were given 8 months.
Kind Regards,
Floodify
What is pathetic is you chose to exploit buttons to get more props instead of doing what everyone else does if they want a more detailed dupe. You do not get an exception because you like to rp alone.

You have a limit for a reason and you chose to ignore that limit and abuse buttons.