Allow usage of M4A1 to Police
(08-15-2014, 07:44 AM)BlackDog Wrote: This is the current loadout for police in Fergusion in america as of this post
Why? Riots, looting and property destruction. The officers in the pictures above are just that, patrol officers given access to heavier equipment because the situation requires it as a precaution, they are in no way a SWAT team, but are equiped to deal with a variety of situations that could occur and offer better crowd control.

The officers of FL are expected to cordon off and keep at bay people with AK-47s and high caliber sniper rifles with an Mp5 and a UMP45, this is simply insane and makes no sense what so ever.

(08-15-2014, 06:14 AM)Toxic Wrote: I'll use the M4 whenever the situation demands it. I won't waste time asking "hey sarge I was just wondering if I can use a bigger gu-and I'm dead." Unnecessary and time consuming. Recommend that bit is expunged.

Enzyme, just to point out to you that if your country had anywhere near the amount of crime that evocity had so constantly, and the amount of police officers and high ranking officials being killed every half an hour, martial law would've been established and the military mobilised, and it looks like all of the MPs are carrying assault rifles and full body armor, so I think it is a poor example. Whatever do they use?

^^After terror attacks at Oslo. I'm assuming that Norway doesn't go through a regime change every 20 minutes due to the figurehead of the government being shot. Or the same crime rate. Or the amount of firearms per head.

And there is kind of a reasonable difference between an MP5 and a M4. M4 is a rifle, MP5 is a submachine gun; it's shorter and used for close quarter combat, more fitting of the SRU role than a normal uniform. M4 is quick power and range for a patrol officer who finds himself in immediate shit.

I agree completely.

What was the reason for SRU change from SS? They have no use now since the change, if you want them to be used, Make them SS.
Why would they need to ask their Sergeant? As Toxic said, I'm not gonna go radio in begging the Sgt to let me use my M4 when I'm getting shot at by someone.
(08-15-2014, 02:53 PM)Venom Wrote: Why would they need to ask their Sergeant? As Toxic said, I'm not gonna go radio in begging the Sgt to let me use my M4 when I'm getting shot at by someone.

Mostly because it seems that is the only way this will get approved, is by adding some strange abitrary restriction on it like everything else the government has access to.

Id perfer it not to require it as well, but at this point it seems the only way this would ever get approved is to wrap it in red tape.
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
-support

I believe that in a raid, it is very balanced as it is. If the Police were able to use better guns, it would make the system unbalanced in raids.
(08-15-2014, 05:34 PM)Dogysmash Wrote: -support

I believe that in a raid, it is very balanced as it is. If the Police were able to use better guns, it would make the system unbalanced in raids.

Have you read the entire thread? The crims have a way bigger advantage over police.
For those who say that it is already balanced -
Though police spawn with kevlar, you can equip it.
AK47 > Every assault rifle.
Though the police have numbers, if you were to match it, you would completely wreck the police force. Even the SRU aren't very equipped to deal with long range battles since the AWP was nerfed. And what if the SRU are at another call? Or there is a raid on nexus? Are you supposed to just watch half a dozen cops die, while trying to handle the situation?

And for god sakes, you can make it single shot if you actually care that much.

+support
(08-15-2014, 06:14 AM)Toxic Wrote: I'll use the M4 whenever the situation demands it. I won't waste time asking "hey sarge I was just wondering if I can use a bigger gu-and I'm dead." Unnecessary and time consuming. Recommend that bit is expunged.

Enzyme, just to point out to you that if your country had anywhere near the amount of crime that evocity had so constantly, and the amount of police officers and high ranking officials being killed every half an hour, martial law would've been established and the military mobilised, and it looks like all of the MPs are carrying assault rifles and full body armor, so I think it is a poor example. Whatever do they use?

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/8185/48602647.jpg

^^After terror attacks at Oslo. I'm assuming that Norway doesn't go through a regime change every 20 minutes due to the figurehead of the government being shot. Or the same crime rate. Or the amount of firearms per head.

And there is kind of a reasonable difference between an MP5 and a M4. M4 is a rifle, MP5 is a submachine gun; it's shorter and used for close quarter combat, more fitting of the SRU role than a normal uniform. M4 is quick power and range for a patrol officer who finds himself in immediate shit.

You raised a good point there, and I'd therefore like to see the M4A1 implemented atleast as a test to see how it would affect gameplay. I'd expect that people would only carry an M4 in the city ONLY when it's necessary though, otherwise I'd view it as failRP.

Alright. +Support. Let's see how this would change the gameplay.
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator
The following 2 users Like Enzyme's post:
  • TheAwesomeAuston, Rain
Most people -Supporting this are people who RP as criminals and enjoy the advantage they have over the police in terms of firearms arsenal.

Most of the people +Supporting are those who regularly RP as a cop or some sort of vigilante type (Rival to the crims) who believe that this will help them get the edge on raiders and criminals.

Can the people who have no affiliation with either "Faction" please contribute with your non biased opinions?

Cheese
(08-15-2014, 06:27 PM)Jafro Wrote: Most people -Supporting this are people who RP as criminals and enjoy the advantage they have over the police in terms of firearms arsenal.

Most of the people +Supporting are those who regularly RP as a cop or some sort of vigilante type (Rival to the crims) who believe that this will help them get the edge on raiders and criminals.

Can the people who have no affiliation with either "Faction" please contribute with your non biased opinions?

Cheese

Don't state such statements without having decent proof of their reasoning.
I do agree that some of the negative supports are silly reasons but do not call them out for that because of your thoughts.
-Support
**Suggestions -NOT Wanted list**
'Changes to the police force i.e. new weapons, tactics, quartermasters
We get it, there are already about 20 threads on this. Each person thinks their suggestion is 'unique', but we've seen it all before.. It's repeating itself every two days now, enough is enough, it'll be done eventually'.
[Image: e5bf68204644a67fc15ab6cd327926a2.png]