Editing GMod built in map textures
Hi there, I'm trying to create a HD texture pack for the ego city maps. I am able to edit the HL2 and CSS textures without any trouble but I have hit a problem with editing built-in map textures.
Does anyone know if there's a way to re texture them (eg the KFC logo).
Any help would be appreciated.
You'd have to open the map (de-compile it or sum shiet) and then put in new textures. But then you'd have to compile it again (or some shiet?) and then it's a new map. So you can't replace textures.
Kind Regards,
Floodify
Was afraid that was the only way.
Thanks for answering.
I always thought that the new textures are only seen-able when the server has/has not used a certain console command.
I could be wrong and messing up again whit cs go.
You could make i.a. printer n druglab props have an oppacity of 1000 for example (you see them trough walls.

Thought u talked about prop textures, my bad

But there is a way to do it whitout decompiling. But the hard thing is finding where the texture files are located. Once found coppy them to desktop for example. Then open them whit photoshop or what you use . Once finished drag n drop back to its original folder. It will ask 'file aready exists, do you want to replace this?' Yes, you want to do that.
Load upgmod and enjoyyour new textures

WARNING
This could get you banned on some servers, but not a server i know, its just possible.
Also when the server uses a certain console command you still see the original textures (not 100% possitive on that 1)

Also dont forget to make an backup Wink
(08-01-2014, 02:52 AM)G0ldenSlayer Wrote: I always thought that the new textures are only seen-able when the server has/has not used a certain console command.
I could be wrong and messing up again whit cs go.
You could make i.a. printer n druglab props have an oppacity of 1000 for example (you see them trough walls.

Thought u talked about prop textures, my bad

But there is a way to do it whitout decompiling. But the hard thing is finding where the texture files are located. Once found coppy them to desktop for example. Then open them whit photoshop or what you use . Once finished drag n drop back to its original folder. It will ask 'file aready exists, do you want to replace this?' Yes, you want to do that.
Load upgmod and enjoyyour new textures

WARNING
This could get you banned on some servers, but not a server i know, its just possible.
Also when the server uses a certain console command you still see the original textures (not 100% possitive on that 1)

Also dont forget to make an backup Wink

Already tried doing this and it seems to work with every texture except custom ones made for specific maps.
I believe that the command you're thinking of is 'mat_texture_list 1' to show a list of active textures and their file locations.
Decompiling maps is very hard, and most of the time it will not work. You would most likely have to get the raw map file for editing and then change the textures, then compile it into the new one. Problem with this is the server MAY detect a difference in the HD map and the original, and it wont let you join. If you are doing this for another server, it MIGHT work, but for Fearless I highly doubt it would.
[Image: Admin_Sig.png]
Is this for V2d? There is a VMF floating around on the internet that I could link you to.