Day/Night Cycle
Title of Suggestion: Day/Night Cycle

Description: A Day/Night Cycle that was run on a time schedule (perhaps 12 minutes of light and 12 minutes of dark?).

Why: There could be numerous RP possibilities that would run in different times of day. For example, I have done Mental InstituteRP where I would say "Come back in 3 days for your next therapy session." in which the player would come at some random interval which he/she assumed to be a good 3 RP days, although it would sometimes be an inconvenient time. With an added Day/Night cycle, meetings with set number of days away could be executed more easily. It would also help if a player is doing a DictatorshipRP (which I've seen a large spike in these days) and wanted to set a curfew. It would make more sense to have Black Market rendezvous in the night, as well as Rebel or other secret meetings. There are many other RP possibilities if this were to be added.

*SIDENOTE* I don't have much knowledge of coding so I would understand if this would get immediately shot down for a large amount of work and/or download, but I have seen a Day/Night cycle executed before.
This is inspired by an RP I took part in where an admin placed a large prop over our section of the map and changed the material and color, casting darkness and adding an eerie sense to the RP, so whichever Admin that was, props to you.

[EDIT] I have realized this has been suggested before, no need to tell me once again.

[EDIT 2] I saw a plugin called Atmos, went into the "Approved" list, and saw that is was already there. So this is sort more of a push towards that as Atmos also adds weather. Here's a link to that post: http://fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=40805
The following 1 user Likes MysteriaParade's post:
  • Rowan
Yes! This would also add a reason to use car headlights (when they get added)

+support
The following 2 users Like Theblackshadowofgod's post:
  • MysteriaParade, Suarez
+Support!
Kind regards,
Tmdirtbike.
The following 1 user Likes Tmdirtbike's post:
  • MysteriaParade
+support
but what about sleep etc? and then realistic RPs (shops, businesses, etc) would close at night?
I love the idea btw

The following 2 users Like Safira's post:
  • MysteriaParade, EuanJ97
Aye, this would improve roleplay. Say you were going outside at night. More criminals might be roaming because the police numbers would be more concentrated in the nexus or other areas.

And god forbid headlights are added, they were approved like 2 years ago. +support
The following 1 user Likes LoneWolf's post:
  • MysteriaParade
Not to be a dick, but it has already been approved, kinda.
http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=40805
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
+Support This suggestion has been suggested before, and I would love to have a day/night cycle but I've heard that there used to be a Day/Night cycle in FL before but it got removed, not sure if that's real or not but it would be really awesome to have it. And I don't think it hard to code.
(07-28-2014, 05:34 AM)Midget Wrote: Not to be a ***, but it has already been approved, kinda.
http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=40805

Ah sorry mate, didn't see that one. Maybe this thread will give the team a little push to do it though.
+support amazing idea

Although this has already been suggested, +Support
 Zecon
not an Administrator