My first YouTube video.
Hey guys I've managed to finish up my first YouTube video and upload it. Bear in mind I only managed to get my hands on Photoshop and Sony Vegas a few days ago so I'm still pretty amateur at making intro's and editing clips. Overall I think it's a good starting point to my YouTube career and I hope you guys enjoy it Smile.

I am open to any advice, constructive criticism or ideas you can give me to improve my quality of content. If you don't have anything useful to say about the video please try and restrain yourself from commenting on it.
Really good, got yourself a sub Smile will edit in morning, I am tired and on my phone.
The following 1 user Likes GeneralSirens's post:
  • Boosted
(07-26-2014, 12:52 AM)GeneralSirens Wrote: Really good, got yourself a sub Smile will edit in morning, I am tired and on my phone.

Thanks for the support man! I'll be uploading another video today, but I can assure you the audio quality and intro will probably be a little bit better. Trying to work on not using FRAPS to record but Dxtory seems to unsynchronize my audio so I'll have to fiddle around with that.
The intro is too long, if you use an intro you should have a perfectly designed one that takes up to around 5 seconds, you might want to put a short funny moment and THEN show the intro (5 seconds or so) so people will keep watching.

Also write down the key words before you make a commentary, so that you are constantly talking in the video, simply cut out the silent or boring parts, no one wants to see those.

Try to talk with more enthousiasm too, it's more fun to listen to.
Agree with Jan, intro is too long (especially with it just being a picture an fading text) and he's right about putting a funny moment (not the funniest) of what's to come at the beginning too.
Thanks for the pointers guys, I'll be sure to take it onboard and adjust my content accordingly Smile

New video being uploaded sometime Tonight (GMT).
Good for a first video, just touch up on things like Jan said, and you'll be on your way!