"Admin abuse" thread on [FL:M] PREDITOR OF WAR
Name: [FL:RP] Small Bear

Time/Date: 22:30 pm (GMT + 1:00)

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:49758344

Name of Administrator: [FL:M] PREDITOR OF WAR

Evidence: This thread has been made to determine whether or not associates of the moderator [FL:M] PREDITOR OF WAR broke the rules. If it is found to be correct that they did, then it would raise questions as to the administrating ability of the moderator in question.

Here is what happened:

Jono and I were "African Warlords" and had a set-up by the lake, we warned people of "trespassing on our land, tread carefully". Three (unnamed) men chose to ignore this warning when they equipped their cameras and proceeded to view us. We unsheathed our guns, and aimed towards them. They continued to watch us. We made an advert (because their names were not available) warning "do not watch us like we're animals!" We then repeatedly did "act forward" to encourage them to stop. Finally, we shot in their direction (and I did hit them, but unintentionally) and they STILL continued to stand there as if nothing happened.
Is that breaking fail role play? Surely they should flee, take cover, or attempt to retaliate?

The moderator in question said that we were randomly shooting at them, and that we need to stop. So we did, however, when roughly 5 minutes later, one man steps outside of his house and views us with his camera once more, I approached the house without weaponry. The man fled inside (he had seen us with guns beforehand), and I was speaking with him (and one other) at the window. I made my demands clear face to face, bearing in mind: these were the same men who had worn weaponry, aimed it at them, and shot at them. However, once falling back to whence I came and watched the house - sure enough, he emerged from the door, and provokingly not only viewed us with the camera, but took pictures also.

The moderators response to these scenes is below:

[Image: evidence.png]
We were face to face. A window shouldn't stop your fear of dangerous men with guns, in the same way your bedroom doesn't save you from the "night demons"

[Image: evidence2.png]
"Dodge" a bullet, are you serious? You would be terrified

[Image: evidence3.png]
Confirming we shot at them

Bearing in mind, the subject was on fear role play at the time, but I meant fail role play. I told [FL:M] PREDITOR OF WAR this and he still does not believe that his associates broke the rules.

Edit: I may be slow to respond as I will be away from tomorrow. Also, one unnamed administrator said it sounds like fear role play, and another said by the SOUNDS of the story, it was a violation of fail role play. No names will be given unless they give me permission.

[Image: ezgif_com_save.gif] Oh, Ariana. Stop it, you!
Explain to me how fear rp should apply if you are across the map or on another side of the wall? How is it my fault that they didn't react the way you wanted them too. All that I saw was you adverting them which could have been applied to anyone. And more importantly you were promoting aggressive rp by threatening everyone that was at the lake because you were "African Warlords".
(07-10-2014, 10:42 PM)PREDITOROFWAR Wrote: Explain to me how fear rp should apply if you are across the map or on another side of the wall? How is it my fault that they didn't react the way you wanted them too. All that I saw was you adverting them which could have been applied to anyone. And more importantly you were promoting aggressive rp by threatening everyone that was at the lake because you were "African Warlords".

I said fail role play. It was not across the map, we were clearly in view and you know it. Otherwise, why were they looking at us with their cameras?

And it's not "reacting the way I want them to" but simply "reacting the way they should" whilst being SHOT at.
We didn't say nobody could come to the lake, as explained to you during our discussion. I said "tread carefully" as we had previously had people happily approaching us in their Tides Truck whilst we had weapons visible - which is fail role play in itself.

I was simply displeased with them viewing us with their cameras, which we made clear not just physically but verbally face to face on numerous occasions.

(07-10-2014, 10:47 PM)Small Bear Wrote:
(07-10-2014, 10:42 PM)PREDITOROFWAR Wrote: Explain to me how fear rp should apply if you are across the map or on another side of the wall? How is it my fault that they didn't react the way you wanted them too. All that I saw was you adverting them which could have been applied to anyone. And more importantly you were promoting aggressive rp by threatening everyone that was at the lake because you were "African Warlords".

I said fail role play. It was not across the map, we were clearly in view and you know it. Otherwise, why were they looking at us with their cameras?

And it's not "reacting the way I want them to" but simply "reacting the way they should" whilst being SHOT at.
We didn't say nobody could come to the lake, as explained to you during our discussion. I said "tread carefully" as we had previously had people happily approaching us in their Tides Truck whilst we had weapons visible - which is fail role play in itself.

I was simply displeased with them viewing us with their cameras, which we made clear not just physically but verbally face to face on numerous occasions.
You shot at them because they were staring at you.
(07-10-2014, 10:42 PM)PREDITOROFWAR Wrote: You shot at them because they were staring at you.

And they couldn't have been gathering intelligence? Why would armed men allow unidentified people to blatantly watch them? We gave them enough warning (physically and verbally) and they continued to watch us - and act as though it was "nothing" when I shot at them. Also, you confirmed that we were allowed to RAID against them for continuing to watch us, let alone just shooting at them and verbally warning them.

[Image: evidence4.png]

You have neglected everything I have said, and you haven't argued your case.

(07-10-2014, 10:58 PM)Small Bear Wrote:
(07-10-2014, 10:42 PM)PREDITOROFWAR Wrote: You shot at them because they were staring at you.

And they couldn't have been gathering intelligence? Why would armed men allow unidentified people to blatantly watch them? We gave them enough warning (physically and verbally) and they continued to watch us - and act as though it was "nothing" when I shot at them. Also, you confirmed that we were allowed to RAID for the same reason minutes later?

The whole situation could have been avoided had you not promoted aggressive rp by firing on them. And yes if they kept retaliating then it should have been a raid reason. But you shouldn't have shot at them in the first place. You guys are the reason the whole situation unfolded because you chose to solve the situation that way.
(07-10-2014, 11:04 PM)PREDITOROFWAR Wrote:

And they couldn't have been gathering intelligence? Why would armed men allow unidentified people to blatantly watch them? We gave them enough warning (physically and verbally) and they continued to watch us - and act as though it was "nothing" I shot at them. Also, you confirmed that we were allowed to RAID for the same reason minutes later?

The whole situation could have been avoided had you not promoted aggressive rp by firing on them. And yes if they kept retaliating then it should have been a raid reason. But you shouldn't have shot at them in the first place. You guys are the reason the whole situation unfolded because you chose to solve the situation that way.

I have already explained the whole "promoting aggressive role play" in a previous post: so let's not return to that as we don't want to go around in circles.

Extracting that, it sounds like you're admitting your associates broke fail role play, and that it was "our fault" which it wasn't when they were clearly provoking us.

We had fired warning shots at them following VAST & clear warnings, and it was a last resort (despite being African Warlords).

(07-10-2014, 11:11 PM)Small Bear Wrote:
(07-10-2014, 11:04 PM)PREDITOROFWAR Wrote:

And they couldn't have been gathering intelligence? Why would armed men allow unidentified people to blatantly watch them? We gave them enough warning (physically and verbally) and they continued to watch us - and act as though it was "nothing" when I shot at them. Also, you confirmed that we were allowed to RAID for the same reason minutes later?

I have already explained the whole "promoting aggressive role play" in a previous post: so let's not return to that as we don't want to go around in circles.

Extracting that, it sounds like you're admitting your associates broke fail role play, and that it was "our fault" which it wasn't when they were clearly provoking us.

We shot at them following VAST & clear warnings, and it was a last resort (despite being African Warlords).
For starters, I am not admitting anything. And secondly, how is staring at your base "provoking"? They were just looking at it to see the build of it. And they did run when you shot at them. I don't know how far they ran or how long. But I remember everyone dispersing from the dock. I am done arguing with you. Let those above judge what they think. But I am telling you I don't see how they broke a rule. I honestly believe you are upset that things didn't go your way. You did raid and you lost. And im sure had you won then you wouldn't complain. But as I said before, I am done arguing with you.
Quote:For starters, I am not admitting anything.
I never said you were, I just said that it is what it sounds like.

Quote:secondly, how is staring at your base "provoking"?
They were using cameras, and watching us. Which armed men didn't like, and therefore requested for them to stop. Which they refused to do despite multiple warnings. That is how they provoked us.

Quote:they did run when you shot at them. I don't know how far they ran or how long. But I remember everyone dispersing from the dock.
This very piece of information is what should have been said to defend your case at the beginning. So why wasn't it? Do not lie. Only one man ran, and he returned once he saw the other two refusing to flee/take cover or abide by fail role play whilst being shot at.

Quote:You did raid and you lost. And im sure had you won then you wouldn't complain.
I complained about their rule breaking BEFORE the raid, so all you're doing by making these false statements is allowing me to prove you're lying. This can be proven by the logs; you responded to my call about this prior to the raid. You really just shot yourself in the foot there.
I died (but my ally did not) whilst trying to "role play" out the raid, by yelling commands at the inhabitants of the house.

(07-10-2014, 11:27 PM)Small Bear Wrote:
Quote:For starters, I am not admitting anything.
I never said you were, I just said that it is what it sounds like.

Quote:secondly, how is staring at your base "provoking"?
They were using cameras, and watching us. Which armed men didn't like, and therefore requested for them to stop. Which they refused to do despite multiple warnings. That is how they provoked us.

Quote:they did run when you shot at them. I don't know how far they ran or how long. But I remember everyone dispersing from the dock.
This very piece of information is what should have been said to defend your case at the beginning. So why wasn't it? Do not lie. Only one man ran, and he returned once he saw the other two refusing to flee/take cover or abide by fail role play whilst being shot at.

Quote:You did raid and you lost. And im sure had you won then you wouldn't complain.
I complained about their rule breaking BEFORE the raid, so all you're doing by making these false statements is allowing me to prove you're lying. This can be proven by the logs; you responded to my call about this prior to the raid. You really just shot yourself in the foot there.
I died (but my ally did not) whilst trying to "role play" out the raid, by yelling commands at the inhabitants of the house.
As I said before, I am done arguing with you. I did not see rule breakage happening. All I saw was overly aggressive RP.