Grow your own Crops
(07-10-2014, 10:04 AM)Floodify Wrote: Do we got a modeler who can make these corps for potatoes and tomatoes?

Anyhow, +support

Making potatoes and crops is not that hard Tounge

What about this tomato plant eh?
The plant will look different in source engine. It will look far better than it looks in the editor. I can make 5stages like on weed. Maybe we get another crop plant? Working on potato too. What do you think?
[Image: zuse.png]
The following 3 users Like DarkN00b's post:
  • Falcon, Joey Skylynx, Lightbeer
BOOM. Right there, we have a guy who is making models and can get farming and shit added to FL.
Can we please get a dev to approve a Stranded like farming system?

Also a suggestion as I'd like to see everyone's opinions on this... How about FL phases out the Chef job by at first adding the farming system which is completely disconnected from the chef, but requires time to farm fruits and vegis that give back less hunger than Chef food. After a certain period of time though(say a week), we phase out the Chef completely, and from there add a culinary crafting system where you can use meat and other vegetables/fruit to create dishes which give back different types of hunger.

No prices are put on these recipes or the ingredients. Every seed is scavenged from the ground(ala Stranded), and certain seeds are harder to find then others. After the chef is phased out for at least two weeks, we can go about phasing out the Doctor class by adding medical herbs and giving all types of ingredients their own type of medical properties. These medical properties can be taken in by simply eating the fruit, or we can have a system where we can mix fruits, vegis, and herbs into an alcoholic beverage/potion.

An example of this "potion" system in work is as followed:

- One Melon, One Orange, and Two Bananas
-- Melon's Medical Attributes: Increased Health
-- Orange's Medical Attributes: Increased Stamina
-- Banana's Medical Attributes: Increased Jumping

All of these ingredients are put into a "Moonshine" distillery setup with water fresh from Evocity Lake, and are compounded into a mash. The player can see how long the "cooking" process will take, and while it's being made, the player can name the keg which the moonshine brew will go into. Once the keg is filled with the cooked moonshine, the player can then separate it into mason jars, with the mason jar taking up the name of the keg. These mason jars can also be used for preserving food via canning by the way.
Anyway... Moonshine potions will NOT stack, but rather the player can pick up the keg of moonshine in order to take the moonshine to a medical store to be bought.

This system not only would give Fearless a unique feature, but by taking out the Chef and Doctor, we can create an actual economy that the server can be proud of. Bringing forth a new era of passive roleplay.
[Image: EglEnZU.gif]
The following 1 user Likes Joey Skylynx's post:
  • Falcon
(07-10-2014, 08:23 PM)DarkN00b Wrote:
(07-10-2014, 10:04 AM)Floodify Wrote: Do we got a modeler who can make these corps for potatoes and tomatoes?

Anyhow, +support

The plant will look different in source engine. It will look far better than it looks in the editor. I can make 4stages like on weed. Maybe we get another crop plant? Working on potato too. What do you think?

Sweet!

By the way, is that Google Sketchup? Tounge
Kind Regards,
Floodify
The following 1 user Likes Floodify's post:
  • Falcon
I like this idea. It'd take some fair amount of coding, but I'm sure it's do-able. Would be nice to have a more passive way of earning money to compete with contrafarming.

+ Support.
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator
The following 1 user Likes Enzyme's post:
  • Nyander
If we do this, it would need to be done right, we cannot just make it a system similar to weed, IE: Plant seed, wait 20 minutes, profit.

There needs to be actual work put into the growing of crops, or like in my post, the option to do nothing is there, but produced low quality products, while those who take the time and put the effort into it, will be produceing high quality goods
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
The following 1 user Likes BlackDog's post:
  • Joey Skylynx
(07-10-2014, 10:30 PM)Floodify Wrote:
(07-10-2014, 08:23 PM)DarkN00b Wrote:

Anyhow, +support

The plant will look different in source engine. It will look far better than it looks in the editor. I can make 4stages like on weed. Maybe we get another crop plant? Working on potato too. What do you think?

Sweet!

By the way, is that Google Sketchup? Tounge

Yeah, it's my favourite Tounge
The following 1 user Likes DarkN00b's post:
  • Floodify
+support
it's better than standing at the lake for an hour jerking your mouse up as soon as you hear that "blep" sound
(07-11-2014, 01:19 AM)BlackDog Wrote: If we do this, it would need to be done right, we cannot just make it a system similar to weed, IE: Plant seed, wait 20 minutes, profit.

There needs to be actual work put into the growing of crops, or like in my post, the option to do nothing is there, but produced low quality products, while those who take the time and put the effort into it, will be produceing high quality goods

Maybe i could make 3versions of the plants
1st version - high quality almost clean tomatoes
2nd version - medium quality a bit dirty tomatoes
3rd version - low quality very dirty tomatoes some of them damaged.

Like this?
If you are looking for a potato there is one from PHX. This is already apart of the game.
Code:
models/props_phx/misc/potato.mdl

(07-11-2014, 01:04 PM)Agent Dooper Wrote: If you are looking for a potato there is one from PHX. This is already apart of the game.
Code:
models/props_phx/misc/potato.mdl

Thank you, i will see if i can use it. Maybe it could be just easier to make my own and make model pack.
(I am just making models. But i am bad coder and coding is propably going to be on someone else.)