Grow your own Crops
Title of Suggestion: Grow your own crops.

Description: You would be able to grow certain crops, like potatoes, or tomatoes, etc. If there were enough crops to grow, you could make it into a sandwich or something, but that suggestion is for another day. The crops would grow just like Marijuana. Maybe the different crops might have different times to grow, Potatoes could be 15 minutes, and Tomatoes could be 10 or something.

Why: This would add another reason to buy pots, and it would add another type of food to the server. It would also give way to a new type of RP, a farmer RP, there could be a job called farmer, but eh, that again is for another day. I really don't see how it could hurt.
[Image: J1zObHm.gif]
The following 1 user Likes Falcon's post:
  • Sgtbender2000
+Support

Though if we were to add a new system for growing crops, it would need to be done right, we dont need another weed system where its just "put seed in pot/ground, wait some time, get food"

We need a more indepth system that actualy provides a quality gradeing for the final product, and this quality is effected by how attentive you are to the crop during its grow cycle and what you do to help it grow.

So say you decide to grow potatos, you can choose to plant them in a plot in the ground or a synthetic grow plot, IE a pot or trough.

Either method has its ups and down, planting in the ground requires no default watering due to it being in a natural source for plant water, though you can still if you wish to help increase quality, if you choose the pot, you need to always water it more than if it was in the ground, but the soil your useing for your potted area is full of more nutriants than the ground and will by default provide a higher quality product due to the controlled enviroment, a synthetic enviroment would also require grow lights due to them being indoors, compared to the ground which only requires the sun.

Do you add a rapid grow formula to either planting choices? This would increase the speed in which they grow but reduce the end result quality unless you sideline this with some kind of chemical to purify the soil after the rapid grow is used up. The higher quality products would provide potential bonuses due to a person being fully filled and having all their nutriants, while the lower quality foods would merely fill people up.

Perhaps a 1-10 grade, Just ploping a seed in the ground and letting it grow without any care or attention, or ploping it in a pot and leaving it alone would produce a 1 ranked product doing very little to help the person who eats it.

Only synthetic grown items though could ever reach the rare 10/10 grade due to every condition being perfect, this would be the most expensive route to go, but the end result would be worth it.

The amount of normal grown food would no doubt flood the market meaning there would be no shortage of food, leaving the top quality food to hold its place at the top.

This is just a rough draft idea mind you, but in my opinion would make for some really nice farms where the work people do on them actualy matters in the end.
Saint Dogbert: The patron saint of technology
[Image: Saint_dogbert.jpg]
The following 6 users Like BlackDog's post:
  • Falcon, builderboy123, Sentinel, Joykill, General Rickets, Bowiii
Suppose this could be better than buying your own food.
+Support.
[Image: IgcIQgP.png]
this sounds like an alright idea. Can't hurt anyone I guess. I never buy my food off anyone, I always get it myself. Currently, I only eat fish. This would help me a lot too!
+Support
Many thanks,

Mad Mike

A Fearless donator and regular player.

+Support!
+ Support
FearlessRP 
____________________________________________________________________________________
[Image: Yzs7t0g.png]
If you can read this you're a coon
+Support I really like the idea, but I think if you'd be able to do that I suggest to be a Farmer job, and if that's added I don't think you should be able to grow them indoors, I think the good idea is to be able to grow them outside not inside a house or anything like that. I really like the idea thought, and I really think it should get added.
The following 1 user Likes Nyander's post:
  • Falcon
+support this would put a use to all the spare land on the servers, a good place to have a farm is probably like bar on v2d that has a lot of space open and available for the space needed for an outdoor farm
+Support
Do we got a modeler who can make these corps for potatoes and tomatoes?

Anyhow, +support
Kind Regards,
Floodify