Your name:
TopHatt
Your ban ID:
Banned by:
[FL] SoulRipper
Reason:
Exploit abuse in precision tool
Involved:
N/A (No other player was involved, bar myself.)
Why we should unban you:
I realize that my ban was almost 1 year ago. I stopped playing GMod for quite some time as I didn't find it fun or interesting; it appeared as if it was a waste of time. I've found time for it again after almost 80 hours of playing it over the past few months and I realized that some of my most enjoyable times playing GMod was on this server. I realize that my previous ban request was a complete sham and was extremely rude of me to take shots at your lead developer, hence me rewriting this request. I did not realize that such a high precision tool value could cause possible issues, I see you have fixed this now. It would be amazing if an Admin or a higher member of staff could acknowledge this post, and it would be even better if my application was approved. Thank you,
TopHatt (Itschewwy)
Is anyone going to reply?
Don't bump your UBR.

Why should you be unbanned after you blatantly broke the rules by abusing an exploit? You knew you would risk a permaban, yet you went ahead and tried to exploit anyways. Permabans are not easily removed just because the banned player is sorry.
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator
(07-06-2014, 04:50 PM)Enzyme Wrote: Don't bump your UBR.

Why should you be unbanned after you blatantly broke the rules by abusing an exploit? You knew you would risk a permaban, yet you went ahead and tried to exploit anyways. Permabans are not easily removed just because the banned player is sorry.
I wasn't trying to exploit. As I said in my previous request I was setting up three walls, the room was too small to fit said walls in, so I wen outside to push them in from there, the value 100 wasn't enough so I tried a larger one to merge it through the wall. Plus I donated so I think I should at least receive the courtesy of getting a standard reply time. Oh, and just a reminder, the ban was a year ago.
Let me make something clear:

- Your ban was issued B 2013-11-01 (YYYY-MM-DD), so you were banned about 8 months ago, not a year as you claim.

- You being donator will not affect your case in any way, so no need to try and play that card.

- Not having an response for two days is not a reason to bump your UBR.
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator
(07-06-2014, 09:37 PM)Enzyme Wrote: Let me make something clear:

- Your ban was issued B 2013-11-01 (YYYY-MM-DD), so you were banned about 8 months ago, not a year as you claim.

- You being donator will not affect your case in any way, so no need to try and play that card.

- Not having an response for two days is not a reason to bump your UBR.
- I said "about a year", "About" doesn't specify approximate dates or time-spans, though a year does. Meaning that "about a year" could range from 8-16 months; in this context.

- I wasn't using the donator tag as a shield, I just wanted the same respect as others were granted.

- I agree, I am sorry.

[UPDATED]

Narcotic told me that these walls caused lag and I agreed with him not to do something like this again (which I didn't). I came back the next day (or the day after) and noticed that I had been permanently banned by soulripper, despite Narcotic's agreement.
Is this a good enough reason to boost it?
Your story is plausible and I don't see any concrete evidence either way, so I'm going to unban you - However, be careful with precision tool in the future. If I see any evidence of you attempting exploits, you'll receive another permanent ban.