Starter PC?
Hi. I would just like to put this up here to see if you guys think this is worth it. I'm building my PC after trying it out with some old parts. These are the specs:

Intel Pentium-K G3258 (Over clocked to 4.5 GHz)
R7 265 Dual-X 2GB GPU
Windows 7 Home Premium
8GB RAM
550W Power Supply
Seagate Barracuda 1TB Hard drive
Corsair Carbide Series Tower
OCUK 22x Disk Drive
Aerocool Shark Devil Fans (x2)
Gigabyte Z87X SLI Intel DDR3 ATX Motherboard

They're all compatible and I plan on upgrading this PC.
It amounts to £520 ex VAT.
Thoughts?
[Image: XDVtdgY.gif]
I've never seen that type of GPU, make sure you get a good GPU. Not that it really matters for Garry's Mod, as any PC (providing it doesn't have Intel Integrated Graphics) can run it. Obviously having a better GPU can help out when there's a huge dupe as your Graphics card can cope with the pressure. A good PC overall, I have to say that I got ripped off with mine, so don't make the same mistake.

Kind regards,

Diablo
(06-29-2014, 02:56 PM)Diablo Wrote: I've never seen that type of GPU, make sure you get a good GPU. Not that it really matters for Garry's Mod, as any PC (providing it doesn't have Intel Integrated Graphics) can run it. Obviously having a better GPU can help out when there's a huge dupe as your Graphics card can cope with the pressure. A good PC overall, I have to say that I got ripped off with mine, so don't make the same mistake.

Kind regards,

Diablo

I've got Integrated Graphis but with an Intel Core i5-4440 and 8 GB RAM. My Garry's Mod runs 60 FPS + maxed out in Fearless.
Runs any game as well.

[Image: fearless_signature2.png]

Click HERE to see the best sh*t ever!

(06-29-2014, 02:56 PM)Diablo Wrote: I've never seen that type of GPU, make sure you get a good GPU. Not that it really matters for Garry's Mod, as any PC (providing it doesn't have Intel Integrated Graphics) can run it. Obviously having a better GPU can help out when there's a huge dupe as your Graphics card can cope with the pressure. A good PC overall, I have to say that I got ripped off with mine, so don't make the same mistake.

Kind regards,

Diablo

The GPU is similar to a GTX 750Ti, don't think it performs as well but its £30 cheaper on OverclockersUK.

EDIT: Shows how shite my laptop is, runs GMod lowest res at 15fps. Highest I've seen it go is 26.

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/intel-pen...-ratio-cpu

R7 265 vs the GTX 750Ti
(06-29-2014, 02:32 PM)Devin Wrote: Hi. I would just like to put this up here to see if you guys think this is worth it. I'm building my PC after trying it out with some old parts. These are the specs:

Intel Pentium-K G3258 (Over clocked to 4.5 GHz)
R7 265 Dual-X 2GB GPU
Windows 7 Home Premium
8GB RAM
550W Power Supply
Seagate Barracuda 1TB Hard drive
Corsair Carbide Series Tower
OCUK 22x Disk Drive
Aerocool Shark Devil Fans (x2)
Gigabyte Z87X SLI Intel DDR3 ATX Motherboard

They're all compatible and I plan on upgrading this PC.
It amounts to £520 ex VAT.
Thoughts?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6814202096

If that one is your GPU, it's a good buy.

[Image: fearless_signature2.png]

Click HERE to see the best sh*t ever!

Windows XP is the best.
The following 1 user Likes Sgtbender2000's post:
  • DooZâ„¢
Should be good for a starter PC. Processor is on the low end for a gaming build imo. You should also go for windows 8 instead of 7.
With all due respect,

Trevor Jackson

[Image: ActualSig.jpg]
(06-29-2014, 06:26 PM)Trevor Jackson Wrote: Should be good for a starter PC. Processor is on the low end for a gaming build imo. You should also go for windows 8 instead of 7.

Its unlocked, people have hit 4.8Ghz with this thing
(06-29-2014, 07:18 PM)Devin Wrote: Its unlocked, people have hit 4.8Ghz with this thing

That's fine and good, but you're still stuck with only 2 cores. Most new games today recommend at least 4. Plus, clock speed isn't everything.
With all due respect,

Trevor Jackson

[Image: ActualSig.jpg]
(06-30-2014, 01:47 AM)Trevor Jackson Wrote:
(06-29-2014, 07:18 PM)Devin Wrote: Its unlocked, people have hit 4.8Ghz with this thing

That's fine and good, but you're still stuck with only 2 cores. Most new games today recommend at least 4. Plus, clock speed isn't everything.

^ What Trevor said. Clock speed is only one of multiple things that actually matters. My advice would be at least get a quad-core, if not octo.
[Image: XiLkxQo.jpg]