Double account - Two players on same IP
Hey just wondering how the double accounting works?
Me and my friend plays on the same network, just wondering so we wont get banned for double account?
Basically, if you get banned and your brother doesn't. Make sure he doesn't play, otherwise it permanent you. So, if one of you get banned, make sure to inform eachother.
(06-09-2014, 09:20 PM)MrSir Wrote: Hey just wondering how the double accounting works?
Me and my friend plays on the same network, just wondering so we wont get banned for double account?

The automatic double-accounting bans are handed out to Garry's Mod being distributed via Steam Family Sharing.

The manual bans come from administrators manually assessing accounts from the same IP.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, and confirm if I am correct.

(06-09-2014, 09:22 PM)Walrus the Overlord Wrote: Basically, if you get banned and your brother doesn't. Make sure he doesn't play, otherwise it permanent you. So, if one of you get banned, make sure to inform eachother.

I don't think it works exactly like that.
The following 1 user Likes KurdishFalcon's post:
  • Temar
(06-09-2014, 09:22 PM)Walrus the Overlord Wrote: Basically, if you get banned and your brother doesn't. Make sure he doesn't play, otherwise it permanent you. So, if one of you get banned, make sure to inform eachother.

That's only if they use family sharing feature on steam.
If I were you I would contact an administrator and inform them about the two accounts.
Thanks for the answers, I do use family sharing.
I will contact a Admin.
The following 1 user Likes MrSir's post:
  • KurdishFalcon
I'd still prefer admin confirmation of this. It's quite a sensitive topic, and admins can judge. Perhaps post here, staff?
I clicked like on your post last night. So yer good info
The following 2 users Like Temar's post:
  • Rylund, Sio
Topic closed from further contributions.
Regards,
aviator