Contributors
I coded some suggestions yesterday, sent a PM to Doomdude1 and simply just waited for a reply.

I didn't even post a reply in this thread at all, besides of this one.
Why make such drama for nothing?

Pick a suggestion (that you can code without access to the core), code it in, send a PM to Doomdude and wait for a reply. As you can read it states that you'll get exclusive access to a forum and what not, so I'm sure if you do a really good job, Mavis you'd perhaps have a chance at becoming a full developer.

I mean jesus, this thread is not even 3 days old and already derailed.
print("Hello World")

I win. Promote me now.
The following 10 users Like Cyaddd's post:
  • Vati, Weecow, Arxxy, GRiiM, MasterNoda, Fillehh, ArcHammer, GeorgeTheBoy, RRK, Nacreas
Nice addition but:

DoomDude1 Wrote:You would need knowledge of lua to do any coding. We're running a modified version of a gamemode which is publicly available, so you can generally code individual features (meaning new additions, not altering the existing ones) without having access to the core code of the community.

Cider (or applejack) is at this moment available on the internet but it's outdated and needs alot of editing and modifications to properly work on gmod13. So i am kinda stuck at this one because theres no gmod13 cider at the moment. using the older cider throws loads of errors.
I dont want to be Debby downer here but as of right now these are the issues i see with the coding aspect of this:
1. The code were writing is outdated
2. The code were making may or may not even be worth converting/fixing massive amounts of errors because it might take more work than doing it from scratch with the core files.
I dont think their should be any problems with modeling or other visual arts though (hopefully their isn't any)
Kind Regards,
tmes2000
I'm in agreement with Tmes. The visual and audial side of things will be much easier to sort and implement to this rank as not much coding is involved simply a few lines of retrieval. Backwards coding a plugin for an outdated plugin is a lengthier process than using the core files. In short, leave Temar and Soul as the coders, maybe look for another coder as we are in need of one, and leave the jobs of this rank around Audial, visual and HTML/CSS.
If Administrators don't mind, I will give anyone wishing to on the Applejack gamemode, a working copy of Applejack. I ported a version which works perfectly and I'm happy to give it away, aslongs you don't give it away taking my credit Smile

It's not exactly like FLs gamemode, but the base is sort of similar.
Kind Regards,
Wood.
For anyone interested in creating models but don't know how to import them into Garry's Mod I have created a guide here:
http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=47735
The following 2 users Like GRiiM's post:
  • RockHunter, Blurr
Yeah. I'm doing a health regen script, sending it soon :3
I need to correct one of my sentences according to Soul. It's an edit on Cider core not on Applejack, this GM started around the same time and was also an edit.
(06-08-2014, 08:07 PM)DoomDude1 Wrote: I need to correct one of my sentences according to Soul. It's an edit on Cider core not on Applejack, this GM started around the same time and was also an edit.

You are currently using changes which are 99% close to Applejack, giving credits to Lexi would be ideal.

Cider/Applejack is not too hard to code, infact get the systems under control, and you got an insanely good gamemode. Do not rely on too many timers (Matt, you and your "Hook Think") And last but not least, use common sense when coding. Even the GMod Wiki does not recommend "Hook Think", jeez.

Good luck on finding your guy.
The following 1 user Likes rayts5's post:
  • Remsa