Contributors
(06-07-2014, 11:57 AM)MavisDracula Wrote: I wonder why I didn't get the status yet Tounge

Because the thread clearly states: "Pick an approved suggestion from the sub-forum and code it in, then forward me a pastebin or a full PM on the forums" and not "post something in this thread about stuff you've done in the past".
The following 9 users Like Jan's post:
  • Kpred, Termin, Blurr, Floodify, Weecow, James_Gaff, ArcHammer, Jordy, Davidson
Anything web -
  • New loading screen - [I can get to work on this one now, then show it to you once complete]
  • Any html/css/javascript needs [I can do PHP in the mix as well]
  • Allow clan leaders to edit any reply of their thread
  • Any FL Graphic Art
  • Thread Edit Sharing Feature

List may be subject to change.

I do not really understand the application process. You cannot add certain back-end functionality without actually seeing/accessing to the code. Things that only involve the client side, however. Like the loading screen, I could have place holders. For this reason, I think it is necessary for applications to link to projects they have done in the past, so that you can see their potential.

Also, another note I would like to address is the whole "staff" definition. Is not volunteering time and effort into the community what a staff member does?

Nevertheless, here are some things I have done in the past.

Here's an idea of what I thought the rank tag could look like:
[Image: d2ufSXN.png]

EDIT:
Progress on "Share Thread" feature.
[Image: SkOo04U.jpg]
The following 4 users Like JMR's post:
  • James_Gaff, Theblackshadowofgod, Blurr, Kippsee
(06-07-2014, 01:48 PM)JMR Wrote: I do not really understand the application process. You cannot add certain things without actual access to the code. Things that only involve the client side, however. LIke the loading screen, I could have place holders.
Yeah, its going to be harder to code some, but Applejack is a public gamemode and has similar code to CityRP. Thus you could code it for that then Soul or Temar could slightly adapt it
Kind Regards,
Wood.
My question is what exact is it do we have to code? lua, java, python? Also can i export a model from blender to something usable in gmod? I know how to use blender pretty well(i mess around with it fun) so maybe i can make some models for FL
Kind Regards,
tmes2000
(06-07-2014, 02:44 PM)Wood Chopper Wrote: Yeah, its going to be harder to code some, but Applejack is a public gamemode and has similar code to CityRP. Thus you could code it for that then Soul or Temar could slightly adapt it

I would mainly develop for the web side of things.

For me to develop forum features like the one Floodify suggested. (Allowing clan leaders to edit replies to their threads), I would need to know the MyBB version, variable and user group names used to define the thread creator. Etc.
(06-07-2014, 02:45 PM)tmes2000 Wrote: My question is what exact is it do we have to code? lua, java, python? Also can i export a model from blender to something usable in gmod? I know how to use blender pretty well(i mess around with it fun) so maybe i can make some models for FL

You would need knowledge of lua to do any coding.

To all of you wondering, no-one except Temar and Soul have access to the core code of the gamemode, as a safety precaution.
Well crap, guess I can only model for FL for now untill I learn lua. Also never mind on the model thing I just need to download a smd exporter if i read through the right facepunch threads
Kind Regards,
tmes2000
(06-07-2014, 03:03 PM)DoomDude1 Wrote: You would need knowledge of lua to do any coding. We're running a modified version of a gamemode which is publicly available, so you can generally code individual features ...

But according to the credits page Matt modified the entire CityRP core, so developers cant know for sure all functions are still the same.

For all we know
Code:
cityrp.player.notify(player, "message", 1);
could be modified to for instance
Code:
CityRP._NotifyPlayer("target", "message", "error");

Probably an extreme example, but you'll get my point.
Temar and Soul would have alot of work then with converting all the code written by Contributors, if not to say more work.
The following 3 users Like Theblackshadowofgod's post:
  • JMR, James_Gaff, Avgar
(06-07-2014, 03:27 PM)Theblackshadowofgod Wrote:
(06-07-2014, 03:03 PM)DoomDude1 Wrote: You would need knowledge of lua to do any coding. We're running a modified version of a gamemode which is publicly available, so you can generally code individual features ...

But according to the credits page Matt modified the entire CityRP core, so developers cant know for sure all functions are still the same.

For all we know
Code:
cityrp.player.notify(player, "message", 1);
could be modified to for instance
Code:
CityRP._NotifyPlayer("target", "message", "error");

Probably an extreme example, but you'll get my point.
Temar and Soul would have alot of work then with converting all the code written by Contributors, if not to say more work.
The only way i see around this is something that will take an exteme amount of work: a cross complier of sorts that converts the code from he public gamemode into FL. For all you who dont understand what that means, these conversions might not be the best idea. Basically if the code given ends up being as bad as shadow has given us the only feasible way to fix it would be to make the core code public which isn't an option as of now.
Kind Regards,
tmes2000