The Cave
I'm sure this has been talked about a billion times already but I'm just curious about it. I know that the cave causes you to crash when you get near it and you there for put a death wall to keep people away from it. but WHY does it do that? I've gotten mixed answers on it and I'm curious because i know caves in Gmod aren't a usual thing and the only one that i have seen causes everything to break. So whats up with that? o.o
Btw, to anyone near this thread hes talking about the cave in-game js ;P I didn't know what he was talking about at first,

And no, sadly, I don't know either.

[Image: ezgif_com_save.gif] Oh, Ariana. Stop it, you!
I guess it was a little joke the map creator put in, Maybe to stop people from copying his map.
Well, there's map fix...
© Nudelholz
When i first came in to the RP i always kinda made jokes about it being the admin's hide out, but then i tired it on single player and my client crashed and it blue screened me xD
I think that it might be due to a leak in the caves. i.e. you see an area where there is no materials/stuff, forcing you to load everything ever and overloading your gmod. It /should/ be caught in hammer as a map leak, so I dunno...
I always figured that if it was past the map you'd see the void and thats it, or am i not understanding how gmod works anymore?
(07-31-2011, 01:23 PM)Jamie Wrote: I guess it was a little joke the map creator put in, Maybe to stop people from copying his map.

No.

If I recall correctly it was something to do with a map entity. Anyway, there are fixed versions of the map.
[Image: P6KNEfH.png]           .       
Steam | Twitter | YouTube
Signature graphic by Barkles
I read this somewhere.
It was a point in the map where it had to load new files from a different location or something and it failed to do so and crashed.
(07-31-2011, 01:23 PM)Jamie Wrote: I guess it was a little joke the map creator put in, Maybe to stop people from copying his map.

Wrong. Firstly when the map came out everything was fine. But gabe said "Hey these guys have great fun! We invented vac and it bans with no reason. Why shouldn't we updat the engine so that the cave ake server crash?".
In other words - this was caused due to engine update.