REASON WHY SERVER IS DOWN
I have some logical information to why the server is down. There was a reason ban by Doom, permabanned a guy threatning to DDOS.

47394PapasSTEAM_0:0:64906085Steam ProfileInsulting the staff, requesting a permanent suspension, Threatening to DDos
Never
[FL] DoomDude1

There is also a fourm I found containing more information on what might be happening, such as OFFLINE, SERVER BAD PORT.

http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=11500

These 2 things are logical information of what might be happening.

NOTE: THE SERVER IS BEGINNING TO REGAIN ITSELF. I am in a call with Deadhacks, who says the server is going on and off. Server goes online, then turns off.
Why did you feel the need to post this? Why did you start a WHOLE new thread for this claiming you know the reason. You could be wrong, therefore when you are wrong you make an ass out of yourself. You don't realize how much it would cost to ddos their servers hosted with who knows how much memory with all their donations. like i said it would take 3, 4 or 5 different ddos's all costing more than you would ever think is worth someone paying. Not to mention the amount of memory the person is pulling is a security threat to the hosters of the attack. I doubt it but hey, you may be right, the kid may be that desperate as to spend near a grand to ddos a Garry's Mod Roleplay community. All i'm saying is don't jump to conclusions yet, let the admins and developers sort it out.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:0:59626040&b=13]

First Lieutenant A. Cloud
HMLA-37 'Gunrunners'
8th Marine Aircraft Wing
Task Force 91
You did not need to say I am stupid for making this report. This is just general information to anybody wondering what is happening, so that we do not get reports from n00bs about this.
I didn't call you stupid, apologies if you misread it that way.

HMLA-37 'Gunrunners'
8th Marine Aircraft Wing
Task Force 91
I saw that ban with papas, but I assumed that FL had gotten heartbled, and they shut her down till they found a fix around the glitch. Same thing happened with minecraft. Although I don't think its ddos cuz usually we survive them much longer and this has been going on way too long to be one.
Kind Regards,
tmes2000
No it can be a very expensive ddos, it doesn't happen because it's not worth it. The servers could be down for a month even, it depends on how dedicated the guy is on screwing the server if ddos is the case.

HMLA-37 'Gunrunners'
8th Marine Aircraft Wing
Task Force 91
Hmm, well someone in staff needs to see how much money their losing (if its a DDos) cuz this turns illegal once FL loses 5k. Once that limit hits soul can call the feds and let them investigate who's causing this all.
P.S. Assuming server is in the US, I honestly have no clue where the server is
Kind Regards,
tmes2000
Both the servers and website are experiencing issues, both of which are hosted through separate companies. What is the likelihood that both companies would have the same problem at the same time? Neither company has reported outages of service or maintenance on their servers, meaning this is a localized incident.
The "Feds" unfortunately have bigger matters to deal with than some 12 year old being angry over a ban from a Garry's Mod community.
The following 1 user Likes yarrrs's post:
  • DoomDude1
(04-11-2014, 01:41 AM)Jarz Wrote: The "Feds" unfortunately have bigger matters to deal with than some 12 year old being angry over a ban from a Garry's Mod community.

It's still illegal and even if they didn't care we would get some help even if very little on the matter

Honestly im just hoping right now that an staff member will post what suspected reason is, cuz not knowing is just nagging me
Kind Regards,
tmes2000