Joey Skylynx's Unban Request
Your name: Joey Skylynx

Your ban ID: 10978 and 12676

Banned by: [FL] Killjoy and [FL] Zzzzap

Reason: RDM, FailRP, Public Building

Involved: Twenty or so Protesters

Why we should unban you: Forgive me for not having the best memory regarding the incident, it has been roughly two years.
I am going to split this off into three discussions regarding each rule break to hopefully clear up some things. Before this though I'd like to discuss the story which lead up to my ban.

The day started as my usual did for quiet some time. I would set up my hobo tower and I would roleplay as a "Hobo Shelter Manager" while others would roleplay Hobos. This has been something that done many times before the incident, but this time around I figured it would be fine if I set up the tower without an admin knowing, and it was because of this I broke the rule regarding public building. It seemed quiet harmless at first, as I usually would set up the building, and an admin would drop by, give the thumbs up, and leave. I didn't see any harm nor foul at the time for doing this.
Well as time went on, we had gained a rather sizable population of players roleplaying as Hobos, whom for the most part were just doing RP. It was somewhat sitcomish at points with players goofing about having babies and stuff, as well as RP'ing as drunks and war veterans. As we roleplayed on and on, we had started to garner the interest of the government at the time who for the most part, was a dictatorship. They saw our tower as a threat, as it seemed to rally a good sum of the playerbase on at the time, but since we had not done anything aggressive, they couldn't proceed to do anything against us.
Eventually, one of our hobos had pretended he was a drug-addict and he brought by a drug-dealer who he had purchased drugs from in plain sight. Two nearby police officers jumped on this as soon as they saw it, and tackled him to the ground, and at the time we were confused. We saw this as violent aggression from the Police, and in response, a few hobos picked up boots and started pelting the Police Officers. Now back in 2012, boots could actually damage players, and it was seen as both a sign of protest, as well as a symbol of rioting. So the officers busted into the hobo-tower and started arresting the people who threw boots.
The hobos who went to jail later came back with some obviously pissed-off attitudes. Most of us were also pissed off, but we were trying to remain RP'ing as hobos. We didn't have guns, we had crowbars. So we stayed inside of our building and told the Police to fuck off and leave us alone whenever they came by. The Police though didn't listen, and would constantly push up against us, and eventually one of our guys reacted, and beat down both the Police Officers with his crowbar.
The Mayor who had been watching the situation from the Nexus, then decided to broadcast that "Hobos are illegal!" and most of were stunned. The government then came back, and tried to arrest us, but we would throw boots at them, forcing them to retreat to get health.
Eventually, the aggressiveness between both parties, and conflict regarding the recent arrests lead both parties to start threatening each other over broadcast and adverts. It wasn't really a pretty sight. Well as time went on a local gun-dealer dropped by our shop, and gave us a shipment of AK-47s, and three shipments of Rifle Ammo. We spread this out between our people, and we would threaten the Police with the rifles when they attempted to burst into the hobo tower. It was by this point that I realized we needed a protest of sort, or at least something to get the government to back off.
In this regard we all went up to the top of the Hobo Tower, and started discussing the options we had. We could raid them, obviously pulling it into the regards of self-defense. We could surrender to them, and lose everything we have... Or we could ignore them. These options were not favorable with any of us because we didn't want to do something which would get us banned, or get us destroyed by the government. Instead we resolved on a different plan. We would do a protest that would stop all traffic in the city, and would do a show of force to make the mayor agree with our resolve. We marched into the four corner square near Tides, Burger King, BP, and Cafe, and sat in the middle of the street with our guns out. We were roughly fifteen to twenty people strong, and we sat there, disallowing traffic to move past us, and scaring the government troops by pointing guns at them when they came to arrest us.
When the mayor demanded we remove ourselves from the street over broadcast, we replied back over advert that we demanded hobos be made legal, and the government give us an apology for attacking or hobo tower. This was not met at first. He simply demanded that we remove ourselves from the street again. The Mayor then attempted to remove us by force by sending the SS, and with this, a few of our guys resorted to the old Middle-East tactic of shooting guns off into the air to instill fear.
It worked.
With this realization that the SS and Police were afraid of us when we fired our guns, we started a different type of protest. The joke of "AK-47's for everyone!" We started shooting off into the air, and in part to this we told the Mayor we saw his use of force as a threat, and we were considering on raiding him. This message got straight to him, and he asked us what we want. We gave the same demands... Hobos are to be legal, and an apology.
He seemed to pull back, and discuss these options with his staff, and we went quiet for a bit... What we didn't know was that the Corleones were using this moment of civil disobedience to raid the Nexus, in hope of killing the mayor. Even though the Corleones were repelled by the government, it was assumed by Zzzzap that we had been involved with them. He demanded we stop the protest, and delete the hobo-tower. We asked to know why, and we were accused of attempting to kill the mayor, even though we never moved ourselves from that street intersection. Most of our guys left, and I was then banned.

Public Building
This thread is the most I can offer regarding the Hobo Tower. Before the rules were changed to be, "You have to get admin approval for each place down" it was simply just you had to get approval once, and that was enough. This was simpler times I guess, but in this thread, it was provided that the tower was completely legal, and didn't break any rules.

FailRP
FailRP is something that can be seen as being subjective in this case. We had a lead up and reason for protesting, and we never went about hurting other players unless they attacked us first. I'd discuss this more in full, but it's really up to the admins to take a guess on the effect in part to the story.

RDM
I never killed anyone, or attempted to kill anyone during this entire incident. This has been a source of much debate for me, because this appears to be the main reason I was banned. We did not have contact to the Corleones, and I never was in conflict with the Police, as I was the manager of the tower, not one of the hobos. So this part of the ban seems sorta ridiculous to me.

I do not know much about the current policies of FL regarding bans and blacklists, last time I was around it was mostly blacklists were given after bans. I do not know if this has changed or not.
[Image: EglEnZU.gif]
Approved for another chance.