Mic Problem
It seems as steam has released a voice codec from skype and is currently being used on the servers.

Rcon would be sv_use_steam_voice 1 is current.
the 1 should be changed to 0 avoiding the mic problem.
People who have older logitech headsets will now be able to use their mic, and everyone else will be able to keep theirs.

I miss using my mic.

Feel free to share info and speak your mind, just thought i would throw this out there.

Also this is both a help question, and a suggestion/bug. feel free to move post if needed.
[Image: 1310646625_troll_de_france.gif]

^^^ What Dr. Noobias would do.
In my opinion, we should be discouraging the use of microphones in the server. Additionally, setting sv_use_steam_voice to 0 allows people to spam music using HLDJ.
[Image: P6KNEfH.png]           .       
Steam | Twitter | YouTube
Signature graphic by Barkles
(07-29-2011, 08:20 AM)Sir Raffi Wrote: In my opinion, we should be discouraging the use of microphones in the server. Additionally, setting sv_use_steam_voice to 0 allows people to spam music using HLDJ.

Generally I quite like people using mic's - provided they're used for RP, and not spamming. It makes communicating much quicker - but has no logs which is a shame.
The following 1 user Likes Sniperwolf's post:
  • Cursed One
(07-29-2011, 08:20 AM)Sir Raffi Wrote: In my opinion, we should be discouraging the use of microphones in the server. Additionally, setting sv_use_steam_voice to 0 allows people to spam music using HLDJ.

Then shouldnt someone just report that player, and inform an admin?
Not to mention HLDJ will find a way around this, they always do somehow.
Thank you for sharing your view though, it is much appreciated.

Hldj needs more commands, Raffi.
So is this worth a try? It would be very much appreciated not only by me, but by other players who have had the same problem. Nothing to lose and happy players gained, sounds worth it to me. n_n

So if the config wont be changing, could anyone give me suggestions on how to get my mic working?

I have a Logitech headset AND a normal desktop mic.

Problem: works fine on xfire, steam chat, audacity and any other program including skype! The only thing it doesnt work on is in-game steam games when you try to talk. It works about 10% of the time.

I have already tried contacting steam, using there tuts on troubleshooting mics ex: using console commands to enabke/disable certain things.

Please if you have any recommendations it could help out both me and other members who have this problem.