My feelings towards the admins (this is a provoking title)
Hey everyone. Before I say anything, i want to say that this is my favorite RP server in the whole RP world. I like every aspect of it except for some, if not most of the admins. When there is an admin in the server half the server is banned for stupid little things that can be solved in a couple of minutes with the players themselves. Most of The admins dont give the players a chance to correct and learn from their mistakes either. I think tha admins should stop being so damn harsh on everyone and let them play the game. I bet I can get 100 people to say this is the best RP server in Gmod because people do their jobs right and most admins always overexagerate the situation.

My friend just got banned for such a stupid reason that could have been fixed in a snap but the admin decided to march in, ruin the rest of his RP for the day and ban him. What do you guys think?
The following 1 user Likes milkdudz's post:
  • minimstrb
Honestly, all though I was the one banend for nothing, I agree. It wasn't just this one instance either. I've seen people get banned for CDM when it was one single accident, or CDM when a person ran into the road, or RDM when someone was protecting themselves but the admin didn't give a chance for them to explain it, and I've seen admins not ban people for stuff that was definitely banable. Look, nothing is perfect and there will be mistakes, that is why these forums are here, to correct issues like that (and for interesting conversation but thats not important right now). I understand all that but like Milkdudz said, this could be the best RP server in Gmod without any competition. But, you guys are ranked 4th when you should be ranked 1st if it weren't some admin problems. I know technically this should be in admin abuse pages, but it isn't really about admin abuse it is just about general harshness. I think that if the admins gave people a chance to prove themselves or to show what really happened, instead of making them go onto the forums and post unban requests the server could be ALOT better. I, honestly, think that is the ONE problem with the server. I think that other than that the server is perfect but the general harshness is a little much. If an admin looks at this, I understand if you get angry and respond angrily, but just think, how many bans have you made that could have been stopped or something. All I want is for the admins to think, and maybe fix what has been going on.
Agreed
The following 1 user Likes todcat's post:
  • minimstrb
Would it hurt to clean up your long paragraph. This was made because your friend got banned? The admins always have a reason to ban someone and you cannot tell them what you think is unfair and fair.

This seems more like a beg to get your friend unbanned. I would also like to say if you dislike the way the admins, administrate the server, then don't bother playing?
The problem is that you're under the assumption that most people are willing to listen to admins. What we used to do very often, and still sometimes do, is instead of a ban, freeze the player on the roof for 10 minutes saying that they must read the rules and answer a test later. Of course, as you can guess with 99% of rulebreakers this leads to yells of abuse and plenty of tears, which is a massive timesink for admins, especially as we're just trying to turn you into a good RPer.

As I said, a hell of a lot of players won't listen to admins before a ban, but as I've noticed, a lot of them will make threads about admins banning them later on... The day before yesterday was a prime example. I got on, lots of people messing about, discussing how to bypass VAC etc - I tell them to stop, a few warnings later, they're still continuing. So, after several bans, surprisingly enough, everyone stops and gets back to RP. We'll try to avoid a ban, but sometimes it really isn't possible. In fact, with your average offence, I guess that most people who are polite and actually respond to the admins don't get a ban.. Yet most just walk away, ignore the admins, give short responses, keep trying to ignore them, aren't really willing to discuss and DEFINITELY aren't willing to give up their car if they've CDMed or be frozen on the roof. You see the problem?

Also don't let this thread develop into an all out flame towards admins or I'll remove it. Also if you have any individual quails with an admin, here is not the place to say it, but the admin abuse boards is.
The following 1 user Likes Faustie's post:
  • Fallen
Faustie I understand that whole issue and this is not about any specific admins. I just feel like the way it can be done could be better. Also, I understand that most people won't listen, but a lot will and even if the people are given a 10 second chance to just talk to the admin and fix what happened that would be a lot more efficient. Also, for the other response, obviously you didn't read because like both Milkdudz and I said, FLRP is our favorite server, the harsh immediate punishments is the only problem. So we WANT to play on FLRP.
(07-29-2011, 08:14 AM)minimstrb Wrote: Faustie I understand that whole issue and this is not about any specific admins. I just feel like the way it can be done could be better. Also, I understand that most people won't listen, but a lot will and even if the people are given a 10 second chance to just talk to the admin and fix what happened that would be a lot more efficient. Also, for the other response, obviously you didn't read because like both Milkdudz and I said, FLRP is our favorite server, the harsh immediate punishments is the only problem. So we WANT to play on FLRP.

You'd be surprised the amount of times we don't ban people immediately.

What I like to do, instead of banning them, is teleport them to a roof, and freeze them whilst I explain what they did wrong - then have them read over the bit of the rules they broke.

That way, it only takes 5 minutes of their time, they learn from their mistake - and carry on RPing happily.

BUT - that's never how it goes. I TP them to a roof - they jump off and suicide... I TP them back, freeze them, they scream 'admin abooose' then quit.

We regularly spectate players for a while - and the rules are displayed every time you join - so I don't see why they can't read them and understand them...
Remember this:
If you had read, learned, and followed the rules by the book you would not be in this position.
As Soulripper said before, bans are to learn from themselves.

[Image: ezgif_com_save.gif] Oh, Ariana. Stop it, you!
can i just ask you to check out this link?

It was made by me using orgxer's account.

http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php...368&page=3

its 3rd post from the bottom... the opening sentence is "hey guys, maybe give the admins a break?" ( i said that so you looked at the right post.)