Money?
Hello Fellow FearlessRPers,
Now, before you go raging in the comments about how i already made a thread about this, listen. The old thread i am going to delete, no worries. I felt like making a new one to get some new ideas from some new people. Now, onto the matter at hand!
So, i haven't been on Fearless in a WHILE, and the reason is my computer. My Computer is a cruddy little laptop with a AMD Processor and Integrated Graphics (Well.... Shit). I get 10 FPS on Gmod, and often get kicked off servers upon arrival due to Connection Problems. Now, i found a computer. Problem: Im 13, and broke. (This is U.S by the way, Child Labor Laws Apply). Computer is $1200. So, got any ideas on how to make $1200 in a matter of months, or at least by 2015? (I cant go mow lawns, or walk dogs. So don't bother commenting those.)
Thanks!
Colerocks999, or now known as TheEliteGamer

LINK TO COMPUTER:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6883103853
Look, I can help you out getting an even better PC than that for cheaper. How? Build your own. You can get an amazing PC for less than that by building your own PC. I know it seems hard, but it's really easy; Just plug some things into other things, and you have a computer! Well, it's not that simple but almost that easy. Just add me on skype, username is DatSuperSalmon. Also, to get money, if you have sony vegas like I do you can learn to make intros and make them for people. Many people pay quite a but for YouTube intros and things like that, so keep that in mind. You can do a lot of things to get money even if you can't get a job yet, just be creative.
[Image: XiLkxQo.jpg]
(03-12-2014, 12:55 AM)MittRomney Wrote: Look, I can help you out getting an even better PC than that for cheaper. How? Build your own. You can get an amazing PC for less than that by building your own PC. I know it seems hard, but it's really easy; Just plug some things into other things, and you have a computer! Well, it's not that simple but almost that easy. Just add me on skype, username is DatSuperSalmon. Also, to get money, if you have sony vegas like I do you can learn to make intros and make them for people. Many people pay quite a but for YouTube intros and things like that, so keep that in mind. You can do a lot of things to get money even if you can't get a job yet, just be creative.

We'll, ive been going at the new PC thing for a while....... I've had so many builds and such I can't even count. My last build costed this much and had a AMD Radeon HD Graphics card. Look, thanks for replying, but I'm settled on this PC. As for the intro maker, I do not own Sony Vegas, however, I do own Camtasia Studio and Fraps.
If you at old enough get a job id say....
Or do wht I do and go out gigging Smile
[Image: JrWpsNC.png]
Making 1300$ is hard, I see no other way then getting a lot of money for your birthday and other things like that, you're 13 after all.

But, shouldn't you worry about other things at your age?
I think there might be not a legal way to earn 1200$ in 6 months for a 13-year old that is not even willing to "go mow lawns, or walk dogs" (Unwritten law is: "There's no way to make money out of nothing"). And there are good reasons.

In Germany you have to work around 3 months for this as a normal student fillig up supermarket-shelves 48 hour/month (earning 8.20€ / hour). I don't know your payments in USA. Here is this possible when you're at age of 16. Under 16 you are just allowed to deliver newspapers or "go mow lawns, or walk dogs"...

I mean are you even allowed to design websites or programming for payment or stuff like that as 13-year-old?!
I see no possibility for you to get this money alone.

An idea would be to keep money for several years you get for birthday or christmas or good school grades or stuff like that. But it seems that you don't save your money but spend it on things:
Quote:My last build costed this much and had a AMD Radeon HD Graphics card.
Another idea is not to buy a whole new PC every year but to keep it for at least 4-6 years and grade up components when needed (I do buy a new graphicsCard every second year - if I think that I need to).

Greetings from Hamburg

P.S: I do hate USA for the possibility to get a drivers license for maybe 200$?! Here you have to keep money several years to get your own drivers license for like 1.800€!
You are shkier. I advice you to build your own PC, I do not see another option.

PS: Shkier means that you do not have a job, right Jan. Also, just do some simple things and try to get money.
[Image: 42Jeziq.png]
Give me your moms bank account information and I will put money in it.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
The following 2 users Like Haarek's post:
  • Tandy, yarrrs
(03-12-2014, 12:46 PM)Barkles Wrote: If you at old enough get a job id say....
Or do wht I do and go out gigging Smile
In the US, if you are under 16 years old (I'm 13) it is illegal to get a real job at a company or organization. It is considered Child Labor.

(03-12-2014, 07:25 PM)Midget Wrote: Give me your moms bank account information and I will put money in it.
Sure! It is 5638462845FUCKYOU and the Pin is 111 uhhh... 1!

(03-12-2014, 01:47 PM)Hecke29 Wrote: I think there might be not a legal way to earn 1200$ in 6 months for a 13-year old that is not even willing to "go mow lawns, or walk dogs" (Unwritten law is: "There's no way to make money out of nothing"). And there are good reasons.

In Germany you have to work around 3 months for this as a normal student fillig up supermarket-shelves 48 hour/month (earning 8.20€ / hour). I don't know your payments in USA. Here is this possible when you're at age of 16. Under 16 you are just allowed to deliver newspapers or "go mow lawns, or walk dogs"...

I mean are you even allowed to design websites or programming for payment or stuff like that as 13-year-old?!
I see no possibility for you to get this money alone.

An idea would be to keep money for several years you get for birthday or christmas or good school grades or stuff like that. But it seems that you don't save your money but spend it on things:
Quote:My last build costed this much and had a AMD Radeon HD Graphics card.
Another idea is not to buy a whole new PC every year but to keep it for at least 4-6 years and grade up components when needed (I do buy a new graphicsCard every second year - if I think that I need to).

Greetings from Hamburg

P.S: I do hate USA for the possibility to get a drivers license for maybe 200$?! Here you have to keep money several years to get your own drivers license for like 1.800€!
Well, when I say builds I mean computers I was GOING to build. I've never owned a desktop, this little piece of shit laptop is the only thing I've owned for PC gaming.

(03-12-2014, 01:46 PM)Jan Wrote: Making 1300$ is hard, I see no other way then getting a lot of money for your birthday and other things like that, you're 13 after all.

But, shouldn't you worry about other things at your age?

Birthday/Christmas for money is good, but the problem: Birthday is November 22nd. This laptop is not going to survive another year.
Ok here my next advice then
1. Look at that dream PC
2. Delete it from you're Favourites
3. Look at a PC for half the price 600-700 dollars I think
4. Take that money you already have and sell your laptop
5. Buy PC from step 3.
[Image: JrWpsNC.png]