Any notice that Portal 2 represents the English Civil War?
Well, I'm sure all of the British members that have went through Secondary, knows about the Civil War.
Well you have the charismatic, outspoken leader Oliver Cromwell, (Wheatley)
who brings down the monarchy, who had been in power since aeons ago. (GlaDOS)
But when he gets in to power everything starts to fall apart and crumble.
And eventually is forced to reinstate the Monarchy by the unhappy peasants and the general state of the country.

What do you think?
I think you may be being a tad dubious.... Wink
[Image: JrWpsNC.png]
[Image: wpid-tin-foil-hat.jpg]
Yours sincerely,
Tandy
Fearless Member
Gabens secrets are exposed.
It wasn't mean to be a conspiracy, it was just an idea on what it might represent.
Well they certainly didn't mean for it to represent that, but if you do look into something enough you can almost get anything from it.

Sincerely,
ArcHammer
[Image: LkB62ld.png]

+Rep
The whole charismatic-good-guy-overthrowing-corrupt-leader-then-becoming-corrupt-himself thing has happened so many times throughout history and in fiction, it's pretty much become a trope in video game storytelling (as well as that in films and books and such).

At this point it's like comparing Team Fortress 2 to Eastenders because they both involve people being a bit cross at eachother and occasionally dying.
[Image: P6KNEfH.png]           .       
Steam | Twitter | YouTube
Signature graphic by Barkles
The following 3 users Like Ms. Mudpie's post:
  • DoomDude1, Tyki Mikk, Jono
Oliver Cromwell wasn't corrupt himself, he was a puritan, an extreme Protestant, and basically banned all fun things (like a old fearless dictatorship) and it was all focused on God, since this made morale low and basic unrest due to not everyone being Puritan.
What you seem to fail to realize is that as Wheatley was corrupt, the facility was falling apart. It was less the corruption that drove Wheatley out then the status of the facility.
Note: I am not turning this in to a religious debate thread, it's a historical fact that Oliver Cromwell was a puritan.
Sure, Chell is errr... charismatic, we can see that in her many speeches.
(03-08-2014, 12:15 PM)Doomdude1 Wrote: Sure, Chell is errr... charismatic, we can see that in her many speeches.

I believe you read wrong, I said it was Wheatley even in the first post.