Button Props ?
Hello, About two days ago I saw a Prop that was actually a Button. Could anyone of you please tell me how to do it ? If you know what I mean.

Thanks in advance,

r0wie_47
Using button props is against the rules and perm bannable by general rule 1:
"1.Using cheats, hacks or abusing glitches is under zero tolerance and will lead to a permanent ban."
Get some proof and post a ban request on the person who used button props since it is exploiting the prop limit.
Kind Regards,
Wood.
Ermmm... Okay, but someon did it for an RP and got on that day while there was an Admin online a RP Point for. It was a Mining RP or something.
What was the button props used for and what prop were they? EG. to abuse the prop limit or to open a door
Kind Regards,
Wood.
Its not a glitch its part of the actual game. That would mean spawning any button is against the rule as no matter what the model is its still a prop. Its not really abusing prop limit, simply using the button limit you have been given for another purpose instead of activating something.
(02-26-2014, 05:20 PM)Wood Chopper Wrote: What was the button props used for and what prop were they? EG. to abuse the prop limit or to open a door

It was a piece of gold, Because when you name a Button like "Test" you see Test comming above the Button, That was the same as the Piece of "Gold"

(02-26-2014, 05:54 PM)Rain Wrote: Its not a glitch its part of the actual game. That would mean spawning any button is against the rule as no matter what the model is its still a prop. Its not really abusing prop limit, simply using the button limit you have been given for another purpose instead of activating something.

Do you know how to ?
Type "button_model models/chair.mdl" or something similar in console, when you type the start it suggests the rest of the word. right click a model in Q menu to copy the model path to clipboard then replace the example with any model. Then click somewhere with the button tool.
You'd want to get a SA to check over this since if he still does, Narc offers perm bans for using button props.
Kind Regards,
Wood.
There's a button limit for a reason, why would you not be able to use it is props? There's a limit to increase server stability and if that's the limit for how many buttons you can use I don't see why we would get a permanent ban for using them.

There is probably not meant that you should use them though, I don't think that was the intention, I think they just didn't moderate the button limit.
[Image: h2.png]
Visit my profile here.
I think it's not allowed to spawn banned props with buttons like an ACP for example, but I'm not quite sure on what the actual statement on bypassing the prop limit is.
"We all do dumb things, that's what makes us human.”

- Hossan Ramzy