Ban Request - chocbar98
Name of player: chocbar98

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:34296164

Time in GMT: 11 PM

Server: v2d

Summary:

We were roleplaying as pikeys hunting around for junk laying around the map when we entered their shop, it was slightly chaotic at the time when we entered their(fully open) store. We saw a clipboard named "Bermuda fact file"(A fairly innocent name with no obvious labelling such as top secret), and walked out with it. They yelled to stop as we got into our truck and left, as we were leaving the slums, we were greeted with automatic gunfire from a black market dealer with the job "'Fish merchant'".

I returned after to take it again(while recording to get proof of their aggression over a clipboard) and they shot me dead. They later claimed it was "top secret documents", and that it was obvious what would happen if we stole it from the title of it("Bermuda fact file", in a totally public store which people were welcomed into), and this was the reason for their extreme aggression, despite none of them having appropriate job titles, and all standing in a fully open store welcoming people in.

Evidence:

[Image: t52ivbX.jpg]
We pulled a gun on you the first time that you did this to us. You shouldn't have returned that's fear RP. If you were scrounging for little bits and pieces and somebody pulls a gun on you when you steal a document. That's probably a sign that it's important and you shouldn't take it. Being named as a "pikey" was just your excuse to ruin passive RP and minge about.

If you're going to correctly role-play an important document you're not going to put on the top of it "Top secret" because that will attract attention. It was meant to look fairly low profile and it was out in the open because we had an SRU with us that had just viewed it. We were also held to protection money by the Bermuda and at one point we had them in our stock room hiding from SRU we gathered this fact file based on them. If anybody saw this fact file we would have been killed by the Bermuda as a result of which we took severe actions after you had stole this sensitive information. We chose to role-play that and you chose to mess that up. May I also add that yesterday you and your friend DrTosspot were following me for a good half hour mimicking a ban request I had previously put up. I then didn't let you into my shop because you said it was an "OOC" matter but you still chose to address that IC meaning I had every right to not let you in. (To the admin I posted 3 @ explaining that I was getting harassed I then called the police when the admins were AFK)

Final thing if you need proof of this protection we offered to the Bermuda speak to Sauce. He was in the family at the time and got his men hidden in there.

Oh and you saying you're a dick to everyone? In the last two videos you've posted on BR's you've been talking about me through PM to DrTosspot whether Chocbar gets banned from this or not. I want you to stay away from me IG.
(02-17-2014, 10:35 AM)Charlie4kwl Wrote: We pulled a gun on you the first time that you did this to us. You shouldn't have returned that's fear RP. If you were scrounging for little bits and pieces and somebody pulls a gun on you when you steal a document. That's probably a sign that it's important and you shouldn't take it. Being named as a "pikey" was just your excuse to ruin passive RP and minge about.

You didn't pull a gun on us until we were half way down the street, you were just immediately opening fire. There were no warnings or hints over this apparent document. Also passive RP's don't fire at unarmed people with an automatic weapon, and if I'm not mistaken, take an SRU hostage, so don't say we were ruining a passive RP.

Quote:If you're going to correctly role-play an important document you're not going to put on the top of it "Top secret" because that will attract attention. It was meant to look fairly low profile and it was out in the open because we had an SRU with us that had just viewed it. We were also held to protection money by the Bermuda and at one point we had them in our stock room hiding from SRU we gathered this fact file based on them. If anybody saw this fact file we would have been killed by the Bermuda as a result of which we took severe actions after you had stole this sensitive information. We chose to role-play that and you chose to mess that up.
There was absolutely no hint of this. You kept a generic clipboard in a perfectly open front room you welcomed people into. In real life people don't keep top secret documents in clear view on a front desk for anyone to take. Neither of you had an appropriate job name either, you were a citizen with the job name "Al Kebab", and chocbar had the job name "'Fish Merchant" as black market dealer.
This is like if me and Dave made notes with obscure names, and then left them in the public for anyone to take, changed our jobs to "'Pikey'", and then proceeded to start shooting without warning at anyone with an assault rifle if they took it.
Quote:May I also add that yesterday you and your friend DrTosspot were following me for a good half hour mimicking a ban request I had previously put up. I then didn't let you into my shop because you said it was an "OOC" matter but you still chose to address that IC meaning I had every right to not let you in. (To the admin I posted 3 @ explaining that I was getting harassed I then called the police when the admins were AFK)

We weren't following you for a good half hour. We followed you for about 1 minute doing nothing offensive, and you got all worked up insisting we were harassing you. You'd continue insisting we were harassing you when you'd walk by us, and we'd greet you in the exact same way we'd greet everyone else on the server(to which you'd respond calling us rude names). Also the reason the police and admins did nothing was because we were just quietly stood on the street previously doing nothing towards you, and you were getting angry and insisting it was harassment.
btw this is irrelevant, just saying.

If you're that concerned about us 'harassing' you, obtain evidence and post a ban request.

You play the 'harassment' card in every thread in which we've mentioned you. (Not even that, anything that had to do with you IC) It's not working, we haven't said nor done anything genuinely offensive towards you.

In this case, it's irrelevant, however the mutual relation in which I'm bringing it up is how you constantly associate your personal issues with us in-game; proceeding to take matters occurring in OOC into RP.

Quote:To the admin I posted 3 @ explaining that I was getting harassed I then called the police when the admins were AFK

There's a difference between the police and the staff, I don't think you realized at the time that you were meta-gaming.
Whatever. I was making an input it's not even my BR I just don't think it was random.
(02-17-2014, 02:09 AM)ilmon3y Wrote: Name of player: chocbar98

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:34296164

Time in GMT: 11 PM

Server: v2d

Summary:

We were roleplaying as pikeys hunting around for junk laying around the map when we entered their shop, it was slightly chaotic at the time when we entered their(fully open) store. We saw a clipboard named "Bermuda fact file"(A fairly innocent name with no obvious labelling such as top secret), and walked out with it. They yelled to stop as we got into our truck and left, as we were leaving the slums, we were greeted with automatic gunfire from a black market dealer with the job "'Fish merchant'".

I returned after to take it again(while recording to get proof of their aggression over a clipboard) and they shot me dead. They later claimed it was "top secret documents", and that it was obvious what would happen if we stole it from the title of it("Bermuda fact file", in a totally public store which people were welcomed into), and this was the reason for their extreme aggression, despite none of them having appropriate job titles, and all standing in a fully open store welcoming people in.

Evidence:

[Image: t52ivbX.jpg]

I would just like to reiterate the fact that your evidence is incomplete? Did you include me warning you by pointing my weapon at you? No. Did you include me actually firing warning shots at your vehicle? No. Twisting to truth to cater your needs isn't going to get you anywhere.

I would also like to add - by stealing a note used for roleplay purposes AFTER being warned twice is a clear violation of FearRP in my eyes. I will have to leave that down to Fearless staff to decide.

To reinforce my argument, if you paid any attention whatsoever to my job title, character appearance and behavior, you would realize that being a "Fish Merchant" (in punctuation marks) was merely a cover story for mine and Scotch Mc Greg's (Charlie4kwl) real actions. We had hostaged an SRU unit in the stock room at the time of the note being present, due to the fact that we were roleplaying as an undercover militia group (Called 'Al Kebab'), with the intention to create terror in the government. Our shops were on the backstreets, next to the slums. It's bound to be rough.

Your job description was Pikey(No, not even a 'Pikey'), and had no need to steal that note. Despite that, you could have been working for the government (in opposition of the Bermuda Mafia at the time), therefore in the context of the roleplay, you were in possession of information which was deadly. We would have killed you for it.

With all due respect, It seemed as if you were trying to get yourself killed by stealing that note, or trying to disrupt and ruin our roleplay. Did you see any other customers sneak behind the counter and steal anything?

Thus, I would like to conclude that my actions towards you for stealing the note, three times were intentional, and thus resulted in your death. To the best of my knowledge, I believe my actions in-game were appropriate and complied with the rules.

P.S. In conjunction with Charlie4kwl's posts, This hasn't been the first encounter between me, you and Scotch Mc Greg. It seems as if you are deliberately trying to disrupt our roleplay scenarios every time and trying to frame us by twisting evidence. Please stay away from us in game.
(02-17-2014, 03:49 PM)Chocbar98 Wrote:
(02-17-2014, 02:09 AM)ilmon3y Wrote: snip

I would just like to reiterate the fact that your evidence is incomplete? Did you include me warning you by pointing my weapon at you? No. Did you include me actually firing warning shots at your vehicle? No. Twisting to truth to cater your needs isn't going to get you anywhere.
I never heard any warnings, we were driving away when suddenly we were being shot at by automatic fire. If your warnings are as vague as a single warning shot down the other end of the street from us, then you can't claim we're "twisting the truth". From our end, we just picked up a note, put it in our truck, and left, when suddenly we were being shot at by a 'Fish Merchant'.

Quote:I would also like to add - by stealing a note used for roleplay purposes AFTER being warned twice is a clear violation of FearRP in my eyes. I will have to leave that down to Fearless staff to decide.
There was absolutely no indication beforehand you would open fire over a note. The only warning we received was being shot at as we left. Dave decided to repeat what we did while recording in order to capture evidence of you chasing people down the street with automatic weapons over a note.

Quote:To reinforce my argument, if you paid any attention whatsoever to my job title, character appearance and behavior, you would realize that being a "Fish Merchant" (in punctuation marks) was merely a cover story for mine and Scotch Mc Greg's (Charlie4kwl) real actions. We had hostaged an SRU unit in the stock room at the time of the note being present, due to the fact that we were roleplaying as an undercover militia group (Called 'Al Kebab'), with the intention to create terror in the government. Our shops were on the backstreets, next to the slums. It's bound to be rough.

Your job description was Pikey(No, not even a 'Pikey'), and had no need to steal that note. Despite that, you could have been working for the government (in opposition of the Bermuda Mafia at the time), therefore in the context of the roleplay, you were in possession of information which was deadly. We would have killed you for it.
We were going around pikeying, and filling our truck with unfrozen bits of junk laying around the city. A simple piece of office equipment such as a clipboard isn't exactly unreasonable for someone to steal in among the slight chaos going on around your shop at the time we arrived.

There was absolutely no indication of this apparent roleplay. You left the note in the front desk in clear view of everyone, and proceeded to start shooting at people who took it. Considering it's deemed RDM to shoot a cop for arresting a friend, or to shoot someone for insulting you, it'd shock me if it was acceptable to kill people over a very vaguely labeled note left in public, if you just claim to have a backstory behind it and put quotation marks around your job description. It'd almost be a good way to RDM people and get away with it. Just put on a suit, claim to be a secret agent, and leave "generic fact file" laying in your open shop you welcome people in to.

Quote:With all due respect, It seemed as if you were trying to get yourself killed by stealing that note, or trying to disrupt and ruin our roleplay. Did you see any other customers sneak behind the counter and steal anything?

Thus, I would like to conclude that my actions towards you for stealing the note, three times were intentional, and thus resulted in your death. To the best of my knowledge, I believe my actions in-game were appropriate and complied with the rules.
Two times, once when I did it, and you chased me down the street shooting at our truck, and once when Dave repeated it to capture your response as evidence(As clearly stated in the original post).
We were not intentionally attempting to get ourselves killed, or ruin any roleplay. If your roleplay is genuinely ruined by someone picking up an obscure note left on a table, and leaving, then I think you need to grow up a bit. There was no indication that you were going to kill us, and I'm very sure you were going to continue shooting until I was dead if I had not left the vehicle(since you shot me to below half health in the short burst you fired at us). The second time was purely to record your actions.

Quote:P.S. In conjunction with Charlie4kwl's posts, This hasn't been the first encounter between me, you and Scotch Mc Greg. It seems as if you are deliberately trying to disrupt our roleplay scenarios every time and trying to frame us by twisting evidence. Please stay away from us in game.
You're free to collect evidence of our apparent harassment, and post a ban request.
Claims aren't proof, Chocbar. If you have any evidence against us missing out key elements, post it.
I think the first part of all of this is vital to the ban request. I feel that without the first part of all of this it's half a story. Fearless admins will struggle to make a decision based off of half of a story. Correct me if i'm wrong.
(02-17-2014, 08:46 PM)Charlie4kwl Wrote: I think the first part of all of this is vital to the ban request. I feel that without the first part of all of this it's half a story. Fearless admins will struggle to make a decision based off of half of a story. Correct me if i'm wrong.

You are wrong, we're not leaving anything out, the full story is explained in the summary. If you feel we're lying about that story, post some evidence to prove otherwise.