Gmod Weapon Sound Problems,no sounds.
So I just downloaded KCGeorges Swep pack as my first addon,and not only do none of the weapons fail in their own right with cock-models,errors and no sounds,AFTER deleting them I experience this problem:
When firing weapons,there is no sound until the trigger is released
(automatic ones)
The impact sounds are heard slightly before the bullet sounds on pistols,and on automatic weapons it is all you hear on bursts of continous fire.These problems occur on any weapon (hl2 ones too!),but for some reason not on servers/online play.

Things I did to try to solve this problem:
=Clean out any sound files not already supported by the game
=Delete "game_sound_manifest" but it keeps re-appearing at the game startup
=Clean out entire addons folder
*Hav'nt re-installed yet,please tell me how to do so safely without removing achievements/profile*

Please help me,as I am slowly becoming closer to stab my compueter screens limitless times!
Can you comletely remove the sound pack/stop using it and try your stock sounds. If they don't work then it sounds (he he he funny) like a driver issue and you'll need to update your sound card drivers.
Delete the 'sounds' folder in garrysmod/garrysmod.
[Image: P6KNEfH.png]           .       
Steam | Twitter | YouTube
Signature graphic by Barkles
rename your 'garrysmod' folder to 'garrysmod_new'
restart the game
go back to where your the 'garrysmod_new' folder was located, and you will find that there is ALSO a 'garrysmod' folder
delete 'garrysmod_new' and you'll have gmod set up with standard-only files
(07-22-2011, 06:27 PM)Fish Wrote: rename your 'garrysmod' folder to 'garrysmod_new'
restart the game
go back to where your the 'garrysmod_new' folder was located, and you will find that there is ALSO a 'garrysmod' folder
delete 'garrysmod_new' and you'll have gmod set up with standard-only files

Alright,re-installed but I experience the same problem.I have no swep pack or any other addon downloaded.
Will steam re-download the "sounds" folder if I delete it,or will that just make it have no enviromental sounds at all? I've tried re-downloading Gmod entirely 3 times,and even on simple maps such as gm_construct the same problem happens. I don'y know if my computer may have a relation to this,as it is very new with exceptional specifications.

What sound card are you using?
(07-23-2011, 01:49 PM)Inboundfail Wrote: Will steam re-download the "sounds" folder if I delete it
Steam automatically restores every standard folder on game startup if it gets deleted. No re-install necessary.
[Image: P6KNEfH.png]           .       
Steam | Twitter | YouTube
Signature graphic by Barkles