What is FearRP?
Again, a lot of our users seem to have misconceptions about what FearRP is and when it is applied.

What is FearRP:

FearRP is when your character is threatened with a weapon or a tazer. When threatened by a weapon (meaning the weapon is pointed at you or is reasonably close to cause danger - such as in the same room or near you, where the person can obviously shoot within two seconds), your character is to obey the armed person. That means you can't run off "because I was scared". You obey the armed man to the fullest extent.

FearRP is also when someone else has your friend or teammate hostaged, as you fear for his life. The lives of innocents are also valid reason for FearRP, when it applies to the police and SRU.

When FearRP applies to you and exceptions:

There are no exceptions.

FearRP ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS applies. No matter if the person doing that is doing it in your opinion "randomly", or "he didn't know what he was doing". It always applies. What you can do is call a staff member or post a ban request, if it was random. But even then, you will obey FearRP.

Thank you.
The following 3 users Like DoomDude1's post:
  • Iraqi Eagle, Ivan Tempski, Grizzly
I'm pretty sure there was a video of FearRP in the rules, or a picture. In the old rules there might've been one, not sure.
Helpfull for people who were not certain what it meant when being yelled "FEAR RP!!!!!" at. Althougj it's in the rules... you get the point.
There's a very detailed description of Fear RP in my RP guide, I think I even added videos. If not, I will add them soon.
This thread isn't meant as a guide, it's made because a large number of users seem to lack the ability to apply logic to their game-play, producing answers like:

"It wasn't FearRP, since it was random"
"I drove away because he had no reason to tell me to get out"
"The police would charge a building with hostages IRL"
"He had a Glock out, since I have an AK it's not FearRP and I can pull it out"
"We're the Corleones, we don't have to listen to the police when they tell us to get out"
"We're Rebels, we don't have to fear for teammates"

And the list goes on. Needless to say, these are all wrong.
The following 1 user Likes DoomDude1's post:
  • Bomsusik
I was clicking on this thread as soon as I saw the title hoping I could help. But then I saw DoomDude made it. Sad
Ah I understand Doom. You are right, many people break fear RP on the reg. Today only I have sent about 4 @ calls within the hour regarding fear RP breakers.. :l
But, in movies they run away 50% of the time...

"It wasn't FearRP because I ran away like they do in movies"

Still wan't to know that. Because If I always need to obey the attacker, all the characters on FL will be pussy's. In some moments, you are able to run away instead of chilling out and await his orders. Cause, I really need to pay them money when they random appear for no reason or "Just because I need money" and keep me under shot? I think FearRP must be a bit more extended cause you are able to roleplay fear in more ways then only obey the attacker. IRL you shouldn't do that too. Just my opinion.

And also, why should a rebel be afraid of his own team member? It's no TTT.

Imagine a police keeps a gun on his teammate. The teammate doesn't have to follow his orders. Cause they are in the same team. Altough rebels do not kill each other. They don't do in HL2, and in IRL they don't either.
(02-05-2014, 05:55 PM)MavisDracula Wrote: But, in movies they run away 50% of the time...

"It wasn't FearRP because I ran away like they do in movies"

Still wan't to know that. Because If I always need to obey the attacker, all the characters on FL will be pussy's. In some moments, you are able to run away instead of chilling out and await his orders. Cause, I really need to pay them money when they random appear for no reason or "Just because I need money" and keep me under shot? I think FearRP must be a bit more extended cause you are able to roleplay fear in more ways then only obey the attacker. IRL you shouldn't do that too. Just my opinion.

That would be fine and well if we didn't have the following matters:

- The playerbase can't handle any mentally challenging tasks. Asking them to review the situation before deciding to run away/fight leads only to rule-breaking. It has to be clear and to cover all cases.

- Everyone is a brave/ex-military/genius/insane character here. A tiny minority of characters has human traits, so the majority of the population would react "I fight back because I am ex-military, mercenary, bodyguard, robot, assassin, ninja, commando."
The following 2 users Like DoomDude1's post:
  • Iraqi Eagle, goigle!
(02-05-2014, 06:01 PM)Doomdude1 Wrote: - The playerbase can't handle any mentally challenging tasks. Asking them to review the situation before deciding to run away/fight leads only to rule-breaking. It has to be clear and to cover all cases.

The first things a normal hunan will thinks is: "I need to get away from here." They always look for the fastest way to get away. They don't think about a life or dead. I understand this will lead to a huge amount of mingebags which use this to get away from the fight. However I guess this needs to be possible when the attacker/attackers isn't or aren't aiming at you. Because when a police is chasing you when you stole something and he saw it. He will come after you and tries to shoot you in de leg while running. And a attacker willst always tries to kill you when running away.

After all this we still need to obey his commando's? Even if there is space to run away in an RP valid way?
(02-05-2014, 06:21 PM)MavisDracula Wrote:
(02-05-2014, 06:01 PM)Doomdude1 Wrote: - The playerbase can't handle any mentally challenging tasks. Asking them to review the situation before deciding to run away/fight leads only to rule-breaking. It has to be clear and to cover all cases.

The first things a normal hunan will thinks is: "I need to get away from here." They always look for the fastest way to get away. They don't think about a life or dead. I understand this will lead to a huge amount of mingebags which use this to get away from the fight. However I guess this needs to be possible when the attacker/attackers isn't or aren't aiming at you. Because when a police is chasing you when you stole something and he saw it. He will come after you and tries to shoot you in de leg while running. And a attacker willst always tries to kill you when running away.

After all this we still need to obey his commando's? Even if there is space to run away in an RP valid way?

The issue is when leaving room for people to judge for themselves, they'll pick wrong, it turns into people rushing away from ridiculously obvious situations.

But, you can obviously sneak out or run out if he's in the other room, backed away and has turned his back and other situations where it could be done.
The following 1 user Likes DoomDude1's post:
  • De CodeerHeer