A tricky one..
So I've been thinking about this one very much lately, and I did also ask Sniperwolf about it.

Does NLR also apply if changing jobs? IRL you can off course change jobs, but not possibly from for example a job to a mafia guy. (Thats what Sniper said)

But what is the "official oppinion" in this matter? Because I don't really like that I shall "forget my past and all that" if I'm going from police to citizen? Maybe if you wanted to play as a "Veteran" or something :-)

Still_Alive

Edit: Btw. I am not only talking about jobs. What about being arrested also? :-)
Nope, when you switch your job you doesn't die, so you will remember everything.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
Okay thats super. Thank's :-)
Being arrest doesn't count as a new life, it's the same one.

And with regards to changing jobs - generally it's the same character - but it shouldn't just be abused, for example - it would be poor RP to insta-swap to cop to get the security codes - then straight to rebel to use those codes...

Stuff like gundealer to rebel is fine though.

Just think about how it would be RP'd. In real life, people don't go from Don of mafia, to cop, to rebel, then to president... not in the same life.

Thinking, if youre cop and you know a keypad code for a governement door, Then you swap to rebel,will you then remember the code and then just type it and go in?

I was told by someone that this was wrong, just cant remember who...
nice
The following 1 user Likes Prune's post:
  • StillAlive
Question 
(07-19-2011, 06:47 PM)Prune Juice! Wrote: Thinking, if youre cop and you know a keypad code for a governement door, Then you swap to rebel,will you then remember the code and then just type it and go in?

Exactly. Thats why its a tricky one.. But I guess it depends on how realistic people plays. Somebody could for example just do it quick while someone else would do it like a "retired" cop who became rebel?
(07-19-2011, 06:42 PM)Sniperwolf Wrote: Being arrest doesn't count as a new life, it's the same one.

And with regards to changing jobs - generally it's the same character - but it shouldn't just be abused, for example - it would be poor RP to insta-swap to cop to get the security codes - then straight to rebel to use those codes...

Stuff like gundealer to rebel is fine though.

Just think about how it would be RP'd. In real life, people don't go from Don of mafia, to cop, to rebel, then to president... not in the same life.

Say, via RP you're demoted for IC reasons and ICly you wanted to get back at the Government and whatnot... Will you forget the codes? As a fired officer would realistically use the codes to get back rather than molotov and keypad crack?
Thats what I'm thinking too...
(07-19-2011, 07:22 PM)StillAlive7 Wrote:
(07-19-2011, 06:47 PM)Prune Juice! Wrote: Thinking, if youre cop and you know a keypad code for a governement door, Then you swap to rebel,will you then remember the code and then just type it and go in?

Exactly. Thats why its a tricky one.. But I guess it depends on how realistic people plays. Somebody could for example just do it quick while someone else would do it like a "retired" cop who became rebel?

That's called powergaming, and we have a rule for that:

5. Don't change jobs and buy what you need and change to another job, this is called powergaming.

Ofcourse this also counts for getting codes.

[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
I've gotten my answer. Thank you :-)