Reply to RetroPirate1's denied blacklist
Narc Wrote:You broke the rules by making a walkway, clearly covered in the rules.

Denied.

Since when was making a walkway against the rules?
[Image: LZEd8IJ.png]
Base Rules!
Rule 2. Don't walk on the walls and don't build walkways on them.

I think this is what he meant.
It is considered Doomforting, and to elaborate on that...:

Doomfort is in CityRP considering when the opponent side have an advantage during a raid (the base owners), such as walk ways, shooting hole and trapping structures. When creating a base for instant, you need to make the raiding possibility as equally fair as for you. Walk ways gives you the possibilities to snipe from a higher ledge than the raiders and you can shoot them and duck quickly, so they aren't able to shoot you while you are ducking. Another example is that you have objects placed so to enter the room you have your contra in, you need to crouch and jump under and above objects, that way you slow them down and as well give you the advantage to shoot them.

There are thousands of examples of it, but I tried to explain it as good as possible (for me).

Walking on walls and such gives the possibilities to use it as a walkway and walkways are considered doom forting, because of the reasons stated.
Kind Regards,
Floodify
Are walkways actually doomforting? I never thought they were but more of a form of walkway (hence the separate rule)
Kind Regards,
Wood.
Walkways are not allowed. Having a walkway (to look over a wall) is doomforting, but the grade of the doomforting depends on how and where the walkways is placed of course.

Walkways are clearly mentioned in the rules, so I don't see why you applied your BL.
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator
And what about walkways that is in tunnel to prevent CDM?
^, I saw an admin do that some time ago I think, I think this is an exception but you might need approval for spawning the dupe / building it. Not sure though so you might want to ask a staff member to confirm that.
Walkways in ie a tunnel could be an exception admins can allow you to do. Just remember to ask for permission first.
Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator
Okay, danke for the help guys Smile

P.S. nicht ein Douchebag zu mir. (Translation: Don't be a douchebag to me.)
[Image: LZEd8IJ.png]
(01-25-2014, 07:12 AM)SkyArmyNinja Wrote: P.S. nicht ein Douchebag zu mir. (Translation: Don't be a douchebag to me.)
How so have we been "douche bags" to you? You asked a question and the people of the community answered it. So I can't see your argument?
[Image: JrWpsNC.png]