Moving to the States Need Help !
Just a little fast tip, stay away from the urban areas where all the illegal drug trading and other drug related shit is going on, it will get you in trouble over there :-)
<3<3 I will never forget you grandfather 14.9.11 R.I.P<3<3

(01-30-2014, 12:51 AM)ArcHammer Wrote: When I'm older, it's either US or UK for me.
Good luck Scene, and Narcotic it seems, and hope you sort it all out!
Where are you from?

I plan to go to the US maybe, have a little look about and decide if I want to Study there, but I'm a little ways off yet.
(01-24-2014, 09:14 AM)Scene Wrote:
Alright so i am planning to move to the United states this year, and move in with my friend who just moved there, i don't have a job offer, don't have a bachelor or degree, or anything, only 19 so I'm not married to a U.S citizen, and i have no relatives in the U.S, so i was wondering if anyone knew a way for me to start a fresh new life in the U.S. There isn't much info on the internet on how to move to the states or how much a greencard is/ should i buy a passport and holiday there, then buy a working visa? Her mother is paying for the rent, electricity and food because shes going to college, but i still want to obtain some work, and live there. If you have any helpful information, id greatly appreciate it!

Scene

I'll help you out when I get home.
So I heard Niko Bellic has a ton of money after moving to the states. Have you tried contacting him?

Jokes aside, I need to know some of the basics.
After you get to your friends house, start the process of getting a job. These processes can take weeks or even months depending on the business, however little corner stores will hire based just on looks. Make sure you know what you are good at and go off from there. If you're good with technology, go work at a Best Buy (like me!), and get 14 bucks an hour, and for a starting salary of about 10 bucks, that's honestly not bad for a new immigrant just coming into the country. You can expand later on.

Make sure you have enough for the importants. I may be stating the obvious but there are a ton of retarded Americans who spend their rent money on beer. Don't be that type of guy, and know your limit. Sorry if that's insulting your intelligence.

Here's some helpful information on getting a Green Card through a job. http://www.uscis.gov/green-card/green-card-through-job

What state are you moving to? I'll help further when I know where you are moving around-about so I know what more to focus on than others, because the United States is extremely diverse. If you don't know that now, you'll soon find out.

Good luck!!
The following 2 users Like yarrrs's post:
  • Nadrickk, Wood
Why would you wanna leave Australia for the US? Isn't Australia better?
[Image: yk9I3Jg.png]
The following 3 users Like Infernaw's post:
  • Jono, Weecow, Floodify
Was wondering the same, Australia seems so much better.
The following 1 user Likes HellShell's post:
  • Wood
(02-04-2014, 06:24 PM)Infernaw Wrote: Why would you wanna leave Australia for the US? Isn't Australia better?

Doesn't Australians get shit prices for games and shit ping when joining anyone else in the world?
The following 1 user Likes Ted's post:
  • yarrrs
Murica, land of the ping.
yeah but the warmth and bush fires <3
Kind Regards,
Wood.
The United States is awesome man. Although our reputation is poor with other countries, it's nowhere's near as bad as everybody says it is.

You will meet some very stupid people but, what country doesn't have them?

Just be kind and courteous and you'll be fine
[Image: IMG]

Beflok is my idol

The following 2 users Like WorldWideCoffee's post:
  • yarrrs, Giant Pony