Avoid the Logitech G930's at all costs
All right, I just contacted Logitech support, still waiting for an answer.
I got my new pair of Logitech G930's as a gift a few months back. They never worked just picture perfect. When installed and enabled for the first time only one of the earbuds played sound, if I didn't enable Dolby Surround, which made everything except few games sound shit. I found a solution online, applied it, and voila. It worked. As I had the pair for the first week I realized there was a serious problem with the connectivity. Sometimes (once a hour-ish) it disconnected from the hub, when I moved my head it would connect back on. At first I didn't find this too much of a problem, but as the headset 'aged' (3 months old is apparently the time of life where it dies), the problem became worse and worse. I searched, installed updates, moved the wireless receiver dongle, switched wi-fi frequencies, yet nothing managed to fix the problem. Moving the dongle made the problem vanish for a day max, before it went back on the whole disconnect-connect thing again. But hey, that's something I could live with. Wasn't too big of a hassle.
Well, guess what, more problems appeared. The charging plug because highly unreliable, where it would fit in, but basically doesn't charge. Again, that was nothing big, as I just had to 'wobble' the cable a bit back and forth it, and it would begin charging just fine. Well, sorta. Now the plug is very wobbly, I can move the cable a lot, and it tends to stop charging suddenly, as the cable moves just the slightest bit. But again, we can deal with that.
When I first used the headphones I was legitimately impressed by their battery time. It could last a whole day of gaming, not emptying the battery. Well, that didn't last long. Even after the very first time I used the headphones the battery began having serious performance drops. It suddenly went from a whole days lifetime in one charge to just a few hours. But hey, I'm able to charge it up while playing, so no real trouble, except the fact that I got a pair of headphones that supposedly had 10 hours of juice in one charge. Bullshit, that is.
And this very day, it died. When I was back from dinner, I noticed that the LED's were very, very faint(?, possibly dimmed(?) dammit, I don't know the real word for this). As I knew many people suffered severe power issues with this headset, I immediately contacted the Logitech support, and ironically, when I was done writing the thing the pair just died. Couldn't turn on, no sound, no lights, no nothing. They were dead.
Now I don't have a working headset, and I gotta wait for Logitech to do whatever they chose to do. Wonderful.

Don't believe this? Google 'logitech g930 problem' and you'll find lots of other people having problems, especially with the power plug, connectivity problems etc.
I've had them for awhile and the main problem to me is that they cut in and out every once and awhile. But it is only for a short period of time, so I just try and ignore that. Otherwise, I personally think they are great.
Buyer Beware anything wireless that you use for an extended amount of time. Do you have a soundblaster such as the x-51? It's an external sound card that I particularly favor for my Astro A40s that many others so to. Astro pretty much requires DDL so that's why it's recommended. Sorry this issue is happening to you.
(01-15-2014, 09:02 PM)Venom Wrote: I've had them for awhile and the main problem to me is that they cut in and out every once and awhile. But it is only for a short period of time, so I just try and ignore that. Otherwise, I personally think they are great.
Yeah, same problem as one of my many. They are great, don't get me wrong, but there are some severe problems, which isn't acceptable. But WHEN they do work, they work all right. Sound quality is pretty good, so is the microphone, considering.

(01-15-2014, 09:04 PM)Jarz Wrote: Buyer Beware anything wireless that you use for an extended amount of time. Do you have a soundblaster such as the x-51? It's an external sound card that I particularly favor for my Astro A40s that many others so to. Astro pretty much requires DDL so that's why it's recommended. Sorry this issue is happening to you.

No, I don't have it. I would have tried it out, but a few things first: the headset uses a USB connection, so I doubt it'll go into the external sound board. Secondly, I am highly doubtful this is the problem. Right now the headset just won't turn on. At all. Thanks for the advise, though. I'll keep it in mind if I were to buy a new pair soonish.
The Logitech H800 works decently if you're looking for a cheapish replacement.
The sound quality isn't always great, but it works as intended.
But be warned, it is not made for gaming, so it may not live up to your standards.
Anything with the word wireless I hate.

Wifi, fireless phones, wireless mouses, wireless headsets.
I've had mine for more than a year, they work perfectly fine. Haven't had any problems with them at all.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
Just ordered a pair yesterday cause I smashed my mic, well I do hope they work alright then.
A good suggestion for anyone who is looking for a nice headset at an expensive but not stupid pice is the Razer kraken 7.1's I've been using them for quite awhile now. Real good looking, amazing sound quality and a crystal clear mic. [Writing on phone excuse any mistakes.]

[Image: fgfcrai.png]

If I helped you, please consider giving me a +Rep.

UPDATE:
Logitech support answered and declared my pair of G930's defect, and advised me to contact the retailer I bought them at. +1 to Logitech for not giving a shit auto response about 'Have you tried restarting?'-bullshit message, though.