[RANT] Our Younger Generation
(12-22-2013, 01:50 PM)Jarz Wrote: I refer this rant to the United States, and anywhere else that happens to have this problem, not the entire world.
Sorry if this was not clear to any of you.

Did you not see this?
Here in Netherland we do not have that sort of rap problem, or weapon etc.
We more got dat random fight problem.

In my town Hilversum, there is a street called 'De groest' and it is one of the most dangerous pub places. (IN NETHERLAND, SO DO NOT IMAGINE BIG CARTELS). My brother got randomly hit last night when pubbing.
You cannot walk there on your own at night, you will get stabbed or robbed etc. Girls that bike alone with 2 boys. To her house got attacked by a group of 24 young boys at a forest.

They recorded it and started yelling and showing weird signs, after they had attacked and stole everything from the girl and the 2 boys. I think if I bike past some coffee shops (A shop where you can buy weed from) I see everytime like 5 young boys standing there asking 18+ Year olds if they can buy some weed for them (Its called posten).

In my town there are even gangs being created by young boys. 1 is named HKP the other one Lijpe Ooienvaars plein.
They have like 30 members in it both, acting all dangerous while they attack 1 person with 10.

Boys already steal, deal, smoke weed/cigarrete, drink alcohol and attack people, I think between the age of 13 - 16.
A man got stabbed not long ago at a train station because he didn't want to get on the train.

Welcome to the Hilversum!
The following 1 user Likes Ryder's post:
  • yarrrs
(12-22-2013, 07:16 PM)Borovichok Wrote: [quote='Ciryl' pid='322326' dateline='1387730985']
The new generation is from teen parents still acting like kids ect-
My parents are old fashioned and I do admit they spoiled me because I was one of the youngest but for that I do anything for them - my parents have my utmost respect.
When I was a kid there was a thing called discipline do something bad you either get the shouting at, belt or my personal favorite the wooden spoon.
Just because some parents beat or shout at their kids, doesn't mean that these kids will be more polite or better than others. Beating kids is not showing discipline. My grandfather never beat or shout at my mom or me. Does this mean he is bad at discipline?

What really angers me is when I'm on a bus and I see a frail old woman standing and some teenager/kid sitting down right in front of them -for me when I see someone older than me or even a woman I give up my seat for them- but this generation...
Again "this generation" same things happen with older people, I see way more people of older age who behave like that. Does it meant that their generation is fucked up too? No, It's just some individuals who act like that.
is just wanting a uppercut in the jaw or a good beating just to get some sort of sense into them, I go by the statement respect your elders.

I blame the internet and
the role-models of today
Justin Bieber: A little scumbag with no moral sense.
Nicki Minaj: Doesn't know how to dress properly - want to have an example look at her Halloween costume
Miley Cyrus: Just one of the biggest attention whores out there.
Role models? Lol, If those people are role models of someone who you know, then I am sorry for them. If not, then I don't know where you get that info from.

(Thing which pisses me off the most- when people don't say please or thank you- the most common and basic manners which require no effort)

Quote 1: Depends if you're a little brat like most of this generation

Quote 2: You live in a fu**ed up area.

Quote 3: Clearly you don't read the tabloids of today.
(12-22-2013, 08:29 PM)Borovichok Wrote: Edit: I Just read your post Where you say that this rant is about US. well, I dost know What to say now, then this is the problem in your country, not Whole generation

Nonono, obviously not only my country, Ciryl reports the same thing, along with others too. #ignorance
(12-23-2013, 02:47 AM)Jarz Wrote:
(12-22-2013, 08:29 PM)Borovichok Wrote: Edit: I Just read your post Where you say that this rant is about US. well, I dost know What to say now, then this is the problem in your country, not Whole generation

Nonono, obviously not only my country, Ciryl reports the same thing, along with others too. #ignorance

Then it's the problem with some individuals not WHOLE generation
(#hashtags are also overused)
I just turnes 12 a week ago, and i agree with you. Our new generation is so freaking out of control.

Summer 2013 i could allmost have died if i wasent lucky. A boy that was one year YOUNGER than me chased me Down a long street, after half a minute of chasing, he came up on the side of my bike and kicked me into the side of another car while i was riding on my bike, all because of a stupid ass idiot who called the guy who kicked me an smartass. Sadly the guy who called the other guy an idiot, just drove away and left me with the bad guy.........

Sometimes i see the guy who kicked me, on the street and he is giving me the "killer look"

Im still scared of this guy, and angry for what he had done to my summervacation..............

Im sorry but i just had to talk with somebody about this.

If my english is bad, just remedier that im a 12 year old Danish boy
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:0:42176529&b=2]

The law is coming...... You have been warned
(12-22-2013, 06:52 PM)Freezak Wrote:
(12-22-2013, 05:48 PM)Jarz Wrote:
Quote: Thing which pisses me off the most- when people don't say please or thank you- the most common and basic manners which require no effort)
freaking yes.
Went to hand out presents yesterday to the needy in a poor town with some other volunteers. I was handing out bikes and I have not received any thank you from a good 3/4 of both the kids and parents. Thanks very much for bringing it up

The golden rule while being so helpful and kind - Don't expect a gratitude.

Let me bring up one example:

I receive an order, time limit of completion "ASAP", ie. "Yesterday". We call each other to get along, it turns out that the work will be very big and no one else will do it, just me. I sit down to the computer and start with a "smoke" - it's my job. But i think everytime - why always me, why always in a hurry - but in the end it's still my job so i don't lose motivation and continue working. In the end, time passes, i finish the job, hone the details with German precision and then another thought runs through my head: "Don't hone it so much, because no one would notice it and certainly no one will thank you." But whatever, i still have some time so i'll do the best i can. I finished and i'm satisfied. I know i did a good job, regardless of whether someone will appreciate it.

On the one hand, you can expect that someone at the beggining should say, that he will be very grateful, or that it's really important for further development of the company, so we can expect some reward. But then the work would look completely diferent. It would be done only "for the carrot" and not because to do it well. Satisfaction wouldn't be the same. Motivating factor would be completely different.

Now i know that we shouldn't expect gratitude. While it's worth thanking others, we shouldn't come up with claims when doing good (even doing our job honestly). When we do it selflessly, good returns to us and enriches, although not always in the material form and not always immedietaly. When we always expect some payment for our goodness, we are not going to feel better or richer.

Then, when i finished that order, i was tired, but happy and i started a new weekend with satisfcation. When i returned on Monday, i saw already a new message on my gmail account, a satisfied customer with gratitude: "Erwin you're awesome!". It tasted even better than i had expected, because "i did what i should do".

True dat.
This still going on?

Every generation ever has complained about the one coming after them. A more expansive media only sees things get more attention and provide the illusion of widespread problems.

Everyone hates rude and ignorant people, but I see middle aged and old people who are as rude and ignorant as younger people.
The following 4 users Like Adman's post:
  • Prosto, Ms. Mudpie, 5p carrier bag, Pollux
We're all doomed. But kids can't do that much damage to the system since they're just kids. However if they start to get permission to get all this stuff they want. I'm talking about these music videos, get everything they point at and just parents that doesn't really give a fuck about what they're running around and doing.

I am glad that I dont live in USA because of this. However I cannnot say that Denmark is perfect since it isn't. There is also foreigners in my country (I think they're called) that is mostly making this kind of bullshit. I'm not a racist, however I dont respect what they're doing. The same goes for those that was born in denmark or any other countries from the start, I just don't like kids or any other people in any kind of age thinking that they can do the fuck they want, that is my point that I'm trying to say! Please don't think that I'm trying to be racist, since I love all kinds of people.
Quote: I come sprinting to the rescue. I run over there and they throw their fists all over the place all unorganized like, but unlike them, and as I am sure you all know, I am a Police Academy graduate.
I laid one of them out with a swift armlock. (I call it the C lock. I went to try and solve is passively however when his bud came to shake my hand I snatched his hand and I went under him, and made his arm into a C, I then twisted his hand (right hand) counterclockwise by pressing on his pinky like a gas pedal. It hurts.) Anyways I threw him on the ground and pinned him with my weight suspending him as if I were about to handcuff him, whilst his loving friend ditches him in the dust around the corner. I tell the lady to go get help but by the time I let the *** go she had just gotten up.

I've spent my whole life slap bam in the middle of Croydon and I haven't seen anything like this. I have seen muggings at knife point and things like that but NEVER in my entire life a Elderly person. I'm glad that you were there and not Me because I would of gone ape-shit on those little shits.

The thing that separates the good kids from the bad kids is how they use their confidence.