[RANT] Our Younger Generation
Let's keep it civil, folks.

If you want to read what sparked this rant, read below.

Spoiler :
There I was, walking out of Best Buy to my car. I bought myself a pair of Astro A40s just incase Santa Claus doesn't bring me what I asked for for Christmas and for a price lower than its original amount. I veer over to look around and I see two young kids, probably 13-14, and a 68 year old woman. I stare for 15 or so seconds, wondering if I should break this up or not, because I just wanted to go home. Nearly getting in my car, the shorter kid shoves the lady on the asphalt, and I come sprinting to the rescue. I run over there and they throw their fists all over the place all unorganized like, but unlike them, and as I am sure you all know, I am a Police Academy graduate.
I laid one of them out with a swift armlock. (I call it the C lock. I went to try and solve is passively however when his bud came to shake my hand I snatched his hand and I went under him, and made his arm into a C, I then twisted his hand (right hand) counterclockwise by pressing on his pinky like a gas pedal. It hurts.) Anyways I threw him on the ground and pinned him with my weight suspending him as if I were about to handcuff him, whilst his loving friend ditches him in the dust around the corner. I tell the lady to go get help but by the time I let the fuck go she had just gotten up.

This generation is so fucked up.
Who cares if you didn't get the over rated iPhone 5s you little 8 year old? Go cry somewhere else.
Oh no, somebody didn't get their Beats Audio Headset? Too bad, and like I said, go cry somewhere else.
"Oh but my mom made my clean my room!? The bitch!" Good, it's called learning to take care for yourself and building responsibilites.
And for Christs sake if you're born in 1999 you are not a 90's kid so get it out of your head.

I seriously don't get the stubbornness and the ignorance portrayed by our kids.

Let's start with the basics. The cool kids.
How cool is it when the "nerd and geeks" walk the aisle with honors and everything you get for being a 4.0+ student? pretty cool. However in the mean time the cool kids are walking the streets with glocks and dimebags in their saggy ass pants that belts cannot even hold up.

Parents, seriously. It's mostly your fault. You allow this to happen. You bought them that Grand Theft Auto game. You allowed them to tear that orange tip of an Airsoft Gun off. You allowed them to go out with their friends at midnight. You're all going to regret it however when Law Enforcement is at your door at 6 AM saying your son died at 2 AM with what seems to be gang-violence. It's not fun and games then.
Let your kids do the laundry. Let your kids clean their rooms, hell even make em do yours. Don't let their whines judge how you raise your kid, raise them like you were.

Music. Don't get me started. You rap "artists" are pretty much preaching to these kids to do drugs, get arrested, shoot at other kids, kill, and get poon-tang all day.
You rappers are a plague to humanity, and it's very blunt of me to say that but it is honestly somewhat the truth.
Listen to the offspring of rap.

http://youtu.be/ZWeeaYl1wSA

http://youtu.be/i4n32MN7mu4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRSQq-EuwYM

Watch this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oewgdRA_paU

TV Shows. What happened to Drake and Josh? Or for other kids because I didn't watch them, That's so Raven, Spongebob, or Teen Titans?
Kid friendly shows are becoming extinct in this world.
Why?
Nobody watches them no more.

Why don't we watch them no more?
16 and Pregnant.
Jersey Shore.
Honey Boo Boo
Housewives.
Just... Refer to the music portion.

Popularity. People are eating used tampons over the internet to get famous. Does that say something?
You all are the fucking same. Get unique. Do something different. STOP GOING ON FACEBOOK JUST FOR FARMVILLE. Delete your Instagram, you're probably not important enough that people have to see what you're eating for dinner. And don't get sad if people don't like your post, because they're all usually trash. Stop doing drugs, they're not OK. Kids these days literally make drugs seem OK.

Don't sell yourself. I've seen police reports of young teenager females sleeping with 17 year old guys.
Do you REALLY not know any common sense?
Sex isn't that fucking important ladies, go get some class.

I don't know what else to say, seriously.
Discuss below.
The following 2 users Like yarrrs's post:
  • Ozman, Hyde
Every generation has it's little shits, and every generation has people thinking they're above it all, and that everyone else is the worst generation ever.
The following 6 users Like 5p carrier bag's post:
  • Adman, Ms. Mudpie, DoomDude1, Fultz, dig, Otto_
I'm 13 and I agree with everything in here xD.

My generation has a complete lack of common sense.
I used to complain about "kids these days" and "modern life is rubbish" (not the Blur album), but then I realised that complaining and being moody all the time is getting me nowhere. So I stopped giving a shit.

I don't watch much television - and when I do, I avoid such shows as the ones you mentioned - I don't listen to 'mainstream' music much (that's not to say I don't like it, though; I just avoid the 13-year-old rappers - it's easier than you might think), and I unfriend anyone on Facebook whom I consider a complete twat.

But most importantly, I make the effort to surround myself with people with which I can get along well.

And guess what? Life's pretty good. Justin Bieber is winning a music award? A 16-year old is heavily pregnant? Someone's upset that their hard-working single mother didn't buy them a gold-plated iPhone 5 that dispenses Mountain Dew and gives free blowjobs? Boo-cunting-hoo. Just be glad you're not being forced to perform unanaesthetised self-surgery on your testicles or something.

Personally, I'm more worried about our society becoming a real-life 1984. Plus, we still have all that shit going on in Africa to worry about.

So, to summarise: stop worrying about the younger generation and worry about your own. Surround yourself with the things you enjoy, and the people you like.

Also, as Vally said, this is the case with every generation. This one is no different.

In conclusion: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsqZl3VqoM4
[Image: P6KNEfH.png]           .       
Steam | Twitter | YouTube
Signature graphic by Barkles
The following 1 user Likes Ms. Mudpie's post:
  • Ryder
I couldn't agree more.

Parents blame video games and such when in fact it's them letting their children play the video games, it's not uncommon to hear a squeaky kid screaming that he got a kill in Battlefield, GTA or COD.

Then you also have the social peer pressure; more younger people are smoking weed or cigs by the day just to look cool, they only realise it's a terrible mistake 10-15 years later when they want to quit but just can't. Or they partake in these idiotic challenges for example, the cinnamon challenge and it gets to the point where teachers in schools have to tell them not to do this. Is common sense a thing of the past?
Lead by example.
Implying 90% of fearless can't be classified as the "younger generation"
user title was put to "one of the elders" by default, and holy shit does that sound extreme
I'm 14 and i have to say that this is true, but not all kids are like this.
Yours sincerely,
Tandy
Fearless Member
What the F*ck.
(12-20-2013, 02:35 PM)Tandy Wrote: I'm 14 and i have to say that this is true, but not all kids are like this.

I just clunked all of you together in whole for simplicity. Not to mention 95percent of them are who I refer to.

(12-20-2013, 12:16 PM)Jeremy Wrote: So, to summarise: stop worrying about the younger generation and worry about your own. Surround yourself with the things you enjoy, and the people you like.

Also, as Vally said, this is the case with every generation. This one is no different.

In conclusion: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsqZl3VqoM4

I tried to trust me, but did you ready my first spoiler at all? The kids came to me.
And atleast other generations have common sense. Now it is all about mindless twerking and internet.
This was my PSP back in the days:
[Image: Game_Boy_Color.jpg]

And this was my iPhone back in the days
[Image: Nokia-3310.jpg]

My parents didn't give me much presents I had to work for it or deserve it.

I got my first PC and had to work a year for it. And for my phone I had to wait untill I succeeded my elementary school.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
The following 3 users Like SoulRipper's post:
  • Generation, yarrrs, York