Criminal roleplay?
(07-11-2011, 12:58 PM)Biowulf Wrote: Even nowadays I see those newbie Rebel leaders stealing cars with their free lockpicks. No RP, just stealing car because "They are rebel"
They need to be taken from them, no more free minge shit

You are right.
First, I totally agree with you, Gestapo. I just came back to the server after having not been playing in 6-7 months. Many things changed. Nowadays there is no point in being president, rebel, police or mafia. Its become "SERIOUS RP" not "SEMI-SERIOUS". The rebels cant shoot, steal or rob, the police doesnt really have anything at all to do, and the Mafia are just running around looking stupid. I dont find it boring its just, it could be better. Not the "2k or die" thing, but really, the server has many admins so they should be able to control it.. God damn being president has become so boring because everyone does as you say.
But maybe thats just me...

StillAlive
Go back to darkrp.
Thats all I have to say. ^^
Thats not what I'm saying.. But do you think its fun just to go around in there and talk with people? Not doing anything else? Then play Habbo or something instead... Whats the reason being Rebel or Mafia in the nowadays city RP would you say?
Criminal rp can be fun if you are actually a decent roleplayer.
As in, not running round with a deagle saying I AMZ THE GODFATHER HAHA TASTE MY DEGLEZ!
No.
And since we started enforcing a harsher rule on raid reasons, we've started filling a 50 slot server up.
So it cant be that bad.
I see what you're saying, and yeah most players are somewhat limited by the rules in place, but that's because IRL people generally tend to do things for a reason.

How many times do Mafia break into suburban homes looking for contraband in real life?

If instead, it was RP'd that they wanted 'protection' money from the neighbourhood, or wanted to monopolise on contraband in that area - then it would be okay.

Hostaging also generally needs a reason, president's being captured as a high risk target etc. But generally rebels don't run into a shop and go 2K OR DIE! In real life - if they're drug addicts or something they'll just rob for a little bit of change.

I once RP'd a drug addict, and stole about $26 from the chef character, so that I could 'get more drugs'. But I didn't injure him, and he gave up the money without me going 2K OR DIE!

So generally, most things would be allowed if they're RP'd well - and the somewhat over zealous rules are to stop people trying to exploit it by finding loopholes. If you're RPing well, you're unlikely to get banned Smile

Just think about motivation for the character itself - why would they steal a car? Are they using it to get somewhere in a hurry? Or just for 'lolz'.. Because IRL cars are generally stolen to sell on, or for a reason.
Thats my point Sniperwolf, Thanks.
Thats the thing, when we say "You need a reason" That reason CAN be coined up by yourself as long as its good enough, and that the roleplay is fun for both parties.
This does not mean "HE CALLED MY IMAGINARY RP MOM GAY LOL"
I enjoy being kidnapped and robbed from as long as the roleplay is good for both me and the attacker.
If you aren't very good at rp there isn't much point trying this type of thing until you get better Smile
Well I totally agree! Problem is, mostly people don't really RP for example the protection thing. Let me explain:

You see, we have FearRP on the server right? Yes. That means the term being scared can be used..
Me and two other mafia guys walks up to a shops front door, knocks and is now having a conversation with the "victim". We tell him that in this dangerous area he could easily be attacked, and that we would provide him with security. If he doesn't want to pay us, dangerous things would MAYBE happen. And I'm talking FearRP now, 3 Mafia guys right in front of you possibly carrying weapons and dangerous. And probably they have 2-3 other guerillas on the server, making it VERY dangerous to refuse this offer. What answer do i get:

"Fuck off, i dont need any fucking protection!!!!" He takes out an AK-47 and tries to kill us. We RP'ed the situation correctly but then BAM!

So what i mean is, in thoughts you could RP everything almost perfectly but the truth is (in praksis) NO ONE are going to let you control their area, contra etc. Its sad, yes.

Thats why I need something else I can do (NOT that i only RP criminally, I mostly play president or SS). And you have to agree with me... Right now, it IS kinda boring to be president... :-)
The following 1 user Likes StillAlive's post:
  • Whoop
the thing that i dont understand about this is the following:

essentially the only reason to raid is if you know and have seen/are certain that there is contraband in the building. My question is this:

When the fuck did the rebels and the mafia get responsible for the job of the police officers? It isn't their duty to crack down on drugs or contraband, as a matter of fact i would think that people like the rebels would SUPPORT money printers, since they hypothetically destroy the economy of the government that they are fighting against.

it never made sense to me.

also, do what biowulf said- no more free lockpicks for rebel/mafia leader. people with 0 hours will gladly go start shit for the fun of it.