Poll: un-Fair
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Ya', that's bull ***
52.94%
9 52.94%
No. it seems fair.
47.06%
8 47.06%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

DayZ Standalone on Steam!
Alright, so first off i'd like to say that i'm pretty mad about this. I paid $40 to buy arma and arma 2 OA just to play the mod.
So today I saw a friend playing DayZ. I checked the store, and i was right, it came out. Now all the people who have paid $40+ to play DayZ have to rebuy it for $30....

What do you think? Vote on the poll.
I wasn't surprised by this, at all. Not to mention Bohemia is getting a cut from this as well seeing as it's their game engine being used and mentions of an NDA agreement between both the DayZ team and Bohemia. Do I think there was a big enough upgrade to warrant a standalone? Not at all. I'm not saying there were no big improvements, I just feel that charging players $30 (most of whom play the DayZ mod for Arma) was a way to make extra cash. It is however good news for players waiting off on playing DayZ due to needing Arma 2.

Although keep in mind this is early access. The price SHOULD decrease as they get to the full game.
Meh
Dayz looks awesome
My pc can't run it
I only spend 2 pounds n ARMA 2 + OA so Idc if I want it il buy it,
At least it's cheaper than ride to hell retribution
[Image: JrWpsNC.png]
i don't know if you knew this but they announced the making of dayz standalone in 2012. So it's not like you didn't have fair warning, and if you did not know this even so its not their fault. I bought Arma 2 just to play dayz a long time ago and i just bought the standalone. It all depends if it's worth it to you or not.

(12-16-2013, 08:59 PM)iProtiige Wrote: I wasn't surprised by this, at all. Not to mention Bohemia is getting a cut from this as well seeing as it's their game engine being used and mentions of an NDA agreement between both the DayZ team and Bohemia. Do I think there was a big enough upgrade to warrant a standalone? Not at all. I'm not saying there were no big improvements, I just feel that charging players $30 (most of whom play the DayZ mod for Arma) was a way to make extra cash. It is however good news for players waiting off on playing DayZ due to needing Arma 2.

Although keep in mind this is early access. The price SHOULD decrease as they get to the full game.

actually the price increases as time goes on, their doing it minecraft style.
though i agree they didn't make a lot of improvements YET this 30$ warrants players to all future updates and arma took like 30 gigs. the standalone takes about 4-5 so that's a +
The following 1 user Likes Futilelamb's post:
  • yarrrs
I tried downloading Dayz and it lead to so many problems with CD key bs. I'm glad it's on steam. This is the same Dayz found off the website on Steam correct?
(12-17-2013, 03:27 AM)sgtbender200 Wrote: I tried downloading Dayz and it lead to so many problems with CD key bs. I'm glad it's on steam. This is the same Dayz found off the website on Steam correct?

just search dayz in steam and that's the one
ITS bullshit and waste of our money
Just save your money and get Rust, made by Garry and is basically DayZ but apparently better haven't seen too much
I just bougt it tonight and allow me tell all of you that the game is in prealpha and is mindbogglingly buggy to the point PREDITOR OF WAR and I both died by the same zombie and just quit. Rust ill get with some Christmas mo ey but I do recommend DayZ because Bohemia is known for their hard work not to mention Rocket.

I do think its fair for a new game indeed, every aspect is being improved, and I have no readon to be mad considering I have been playing the ARMA series since like 06
(12-16-2013, 08:53 PM)Adam James Wrote: have to rebuy it for $30....

No, no. You can still use the Arma mod, so 'have to rebuy it' isn't exactly correct. Nobody forces you to do it.
Additionally, well, this is how gaming works. Many franschises have new games all the time.