How do you fix administration bias? Please help.
(11-21-2013, 05:26 PM)Termin Wrote: Jokhah we know that they tried to help and that is why I am dealing with it tonight.

If anyone has a problem with anyone, admin or player, send me a PM and I will deal with it the best I can.

If anyone has a problem with an admin contacting an SA or Soul would be better imo. Well, maybe not the SAs since the whole Ministry of Peace powergaming shit happened, which made my trust for them disappear.
The following 9 users Like Humla's post:
  • cnr, Rahiro, Wood, , Nevy, Sub-Zero, Moisty, RockHunter, ArcHammer
It is completely up to you who you PM, I'm just saying I will listen and can relay it forward if necessary.
The following 1 user Likes Termin's post:
  • Rahiro
The problem is for example people like me can't contact any of the SA's because we have had problems with them, my post actually was reffering to one of them. I can only go to Soul but he can't do much since he's busy most of the time.
Thanks for this offer though Termin, good move.
The following 2 users Like Jan's post:
  • , Theblackshadowofgod
Alright.

I do not want to start ranting at the admins again as I feel sorry for the admins who do a good job and always have to see these unnecessary posts of mine, I do want to give them some time because they do a great job.
Just like you do, Termin.
Now everybody will probably think I am about to arse-lick Termin but no. I am sorry to disappoint you, I simply complimented him on his work. We members sometimes forget that admins work for free and on their own but then again they should be nice and kind, gentle and professional.
Just because someone does something for free does not mean I have to treat him any different. I will be twice as thankful if he helps me but I will be twice as angry if he does something he should not do because there are two important things if you want to become admin:
1st: You get chosen to be admin
2nd: You chose to be admin

If you accept to become admin you should be aware of all the duties and benefits coming along with this job.
I once asked an admin how admins get chosen, when I said :" you need to be friends with an admin if you want to become one yourself " I got the following answer :" That is not true, we only chose people we trust".

* Note I am studying philosophy which will lead to a lot of unnecessary text now*

If you choose someone you trust you will choose someone you like. Because trust is a feeling and we have the best/strongest feelings towards our beloved ones and our friends it is simple as that. We will trust our friends more than strangers.
Does that mean every stranger is unskilled and would be a bad admin? Maybe.
But there will be people who can administrate because they are skilled when it comes to organisation and social interaction aswell as judgement it does not matter how much you trust someone as it wont change their abilities.
Just because I trust my friend it won't make him a genius but I can still have fun with him.
I have seen people on the server who can sometimes even organise events better than someone who posseses the power to easily organise an event, unfortunately I do not know them personaly.
How do you define trust? Obeying the rules ? Not abusing his powers ?

I am not god and maybe I am just wrong and my expectations are too high but unfortunately this community is not what it could be. I know that I am repeating myself but I come from larger communities who manage themselves pretty well.
Members do not feel oppressed, admins stay professional very often and are trusted in a different way - now some smart-ass might come along and say :"Just go there and dont stay here". That is exactly what I am doing most of the time.

Unfortunately I have a feeling that most of the posts outside the Suggestion forum will get ignored even though every thread has some sort of hidden suggestion to it.
I hope something will change as I want to play on Fearless again but at the moment I am not able to because I lose all my fun and excitement to roleplay whenever I encounter an admin who does not obey his own set of rules.

When will there be equality among the community ? Players Donors and Staff - they are all the same why cant they be treated the same ?

Let me quote a bit :
Universal Declaration of Human Right Wrote:All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights.They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood. - Article 1

Universal Declaration of Human Right Wrote:All are equal before the law and are entitled without any discrimination to equal protection of the law. All are entitled to equal protection against any discrimination in violation of this Declaration and against any incitement to such discrimination.. - Article 7

Universal Declaration of Human Right Wrote:Everyone charged with a penal offence has the right to be presumed innocent until proved guilty according to law in a public trial at which he has had all the guarantees necessary for his defence. - Article 11

I do know this might be a bit too much but who are we to shit on the Declaration of Human Rights signed by the most of states of the world.
Please tell me when Article 11 has been used on Unban Requests Threads ? Most unban request posters get treated like shit because someone loses his patience to explain another person what he did wrong.

There is far more to say but I do not want to criticise too much but I hope you will realise I do care about this community because I had quiet some good experiences and if it werent for all these awesome members I would have left the community without any hesitation. Last but not least I have one statement left:
I sometimes have a feeling some admins dislike members so they get treated differently? Pure accusation?
Well this is my own thesis but maybe I am just paranoid:
For example was I doing some RP over and over again with several admins accepting it and approving my construction but then a different admin joins - one who dislikes me and denigrated me on one of the servers behind my back according to my friends - and he tells me to remove it our I he would issue a suspension and / or restriction.

I do not even know wether to contact someone as from what I saw in the abuse threads everything gets declined even the cases which show misbehavior - not abuse but misbehavior of admins. Who to contact ? Admins ? Who will send my report to one of the Super-Admins ? But what happens if all 3 super-admins actually dislike someone?
I am completely screwed then, right? At the moment I feel like I have to suffer and hopefully one day it will change.

That is all for now and I can not stress enough how thankful I am for the work and dedication some admins show but I do not have to accept everything and for now, Jokhah, there is unfortunately not a lot we can right now as we do not have the power to do such thing. Maybe you should have watched your tongue and you would still be able to change something because you did a great and fair job! I remember how you pulled me aside once and explained to me why you could not allow me to block a tunnel - thank you!

I hope we all will enjoy this wonderful thursday, heads up tomorrow is Friday.
See you around,
-Crowh
The following 3 users Like Rahiro's post:
  • Jan, cnr, Karakuts
(11-21-2013, 05:37 PM)Humla Wrote:
(11-21-2013, 05:26 PM)Termin Wrote: Jokhah we know that they tried to help and that is why I am dealing with it tonight.

If anyone has a problem with anyone, admin or player, send me a PM and I will deal with it the best I can.

If anyone has a problem with an admin contacting an SA or Soul would be better imo. Well, maybe not the SAs since the whole Ministry of Peace powergaming shit happened, which made my trust for them disappear.

"Mankind sees and frowns upon what is accused, but never will it see and acknowledge the truth."
The following 1 user Likes Narc's post:
  • Drawinqq
(11-21-2013, 07:08 PM)Narcotic Wrote:

"Mankind sees and frowns upon what is accused, but never will it see and acknowledge the truth."

Don't get me started.
(11-21-2013, 07:08 PM)Narcotic Wrote: "Mankind sees and frowns upon what is accused, but never will it see and acknowledge the truth."

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."- Marcus Aurelius
(11-21-2013, 07:08 PM)Narcotic Wrote:

Implying launching 6 missiles from who knows where into a headquarters for no reason isn't power gaming. Pretty much everyone saw and acknowledged the truth.
The following 1 user Likes cnr's post:
  • Jan
Oh, I forgot to mention we were cleared of all powergaming charges.
(11-21-2013, 07:18 PM)Narcotic Wrote: Oh, I forgot to mention we were cleared of all powergaming charges.

Cause people involved agreed to clear it on certain grounds. You all know it was power gaming.
The following 1 user Likes cnr's post:
  • Jan