Anti-Molotov-able Walls = Doom-fort/Exploit?!
Hey, just a simple question. Please read all of it, before dropping a reply!

I was wondering, I won't give away how, just to keep it a very "need-to-know," technique, and just in-case it actually is exploiting. But, is creating such walls, doom-forting? When I build bases, I make any window, or door, a molotov-able prop. But, I make the walls anti-molotov-able props. Just to keep things fair. I would prefer being raided, and having a nice, easy, fair gun-fight. Not where ten guys molotov every-single wall, leaving us completely exposed in twenty-seconds. Making the base completely irrelevant. In-real-life, not everything can be destroyed by a molotov.

Finally, I've seen a lot of people using these before, admins, and regular players. I've used this technique, which has been pretty much, "passed-down," through old friends. I've never gotten into trouble for doing so. But, it's only today I realized this could be exploiting. I wouldn't call it doom-forting, as I don't force the raider to crack the keypad, they can just burn the door down, or, burn the windows!

Any idea's?

[Image: ezgif_com_save.gif] Oh, Ariana. Stop it, you!
You'd think that having a non-flammable wall would make this not doomforting, however who am I to give the official word?
The following 1 user Likes yarrrs's post:
  • Small Bear
Well in my opinion make the front line of props flamable and the back not flamable thus making it raidable only from the front.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lXdyD2Yzls

Either magnetized props(highly unlikely) or a small glitch I've noticed where props that have been hit by one, don't burn. Likely a problem with the molotov. There have been occasions where the resulting fire doesn't do damage. I wouldn't worry about it too much.
[Image: 242dge9.jpg]

Jericho 'Toxic' McAndrews: F.I.I.D: SD: 7332
FUMUKU International: Security Division

“The highest distinction is service to others.”
Post there;

http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=37778
Kind Regards,
Floodify
I use un molotov able walls aswell, but I don't know which props they are exactly. I don't see any doomforting in it though, first of all it's not under the doomforting section and second molotov's can't burn every wall. But it's better to wait for some administrative member to respond since they know it the best.
The following 1 user Likes Weecow's post:
  • Small Bear
(11-07-2013, 12:33 AM)iLikeCats379 Wrote: Well in my opinion make the front line of props flamable and the back not flamable thus making it raidable only from the front.

Yes, this is what I usually do. And also, the door/windows!

^^
As weecow said just clarify it with an admin.

Doom - possibly
Exploit - yes. It's not intended that you can do this and abusing this is exploiting which could lead to perm ban
(11-07-2013, 06:43 PM)Temar Wrote: Doom - possibly
Exploit - yes. It's not intended that you can do this and abusing this is exploiting which could lead to perm ban

Ah, that sucks...

Keeps raids fair, but. I guess I won't argue.