I was banned for something that is legal
Your name: SgtChips

Your ban ID: 38123

Banned by: Enzyme

Reason: attacking two guys who had a gun on my friend

Involved: EODxChaos (friend in trouble) Smeltetoast (gun man 1) deluxe (gun man 2)

Why we should unban you: "If A is one person and B is 2 persons, fearRP applies depending on the situation; if B is in front of A, fearRP does not necessarily apply, if one B is in front of A and the other B is behind A, fearRP complies. In other words; be realistic with the situation, 2 people against one wouldn't necessarily mean that the person would fear, but if he's surrounded by two people, he might want to consider putting his weapon down and surrendering. If there are 3 people or more, the person should put down his gun." (this is from the rules QandA thread) http://www.fearlessrp.net/showthread.php?tid=37778
i was banned for attacking and killing the people who were threatening to kill my friend, he wasn't a hostage (still threatened to kill him) as it states it is not fearRP to fight 2 men with a gun, i understand that enzyme might not have known this but i was banned based of 2 men having guns, as it is stated this isn't failRP unless there are 3 men. I understand that it is only 24hr ban but i don't want to be held for a ban that isn't really a reason to pin me on
This is the situation how I understood it and how you explained it in the hallway yourself.

O _________ X Y X

O = You

X and X = The two corleones, both with guns pointed at your friend
Y = Your friend

Keep in mind, this is in a really narrow hallway in the apartments on slums (not the one with 2 stories)
All the information I got was gathered from all of you guys explaining what happened, and showing by positioning yourselves again as the situation took place, and all of them agreed on the positions they took.

I have included a picture on which I've pointed out the positions of every player in this case.

Your friend had two guns drawn on him(having him under gunpoint), from both sides, and they were threatning your friend.
You came in and you started shooting, trying to save your friend while the two corleones had him under gunpoint. This means that if you ie shot the corleone closest to you (number 1 on picture under), then the other corleone(number 2) could have shot your friend.
You were also outmanned by 2:1 but that is not the focus of the ban here.
You ran into a fearRP situation and you opened fire while both of the corleones (and I repeat again) had your friend under gunpoint.

I think you could have solved this alot better by ie. taking the corleone closest to you under gunpoint and then comming to an agreement with the other corleone about an exchange or something. You just rushed a situation.

I have tried to explain the situation on a picture, to make it a bit more easy to point out the things:

Sincerely, Enzyme
Ex-Supervising Administrator
if you read the rules u will;l c what u banned me for isn't acceptable and it was legal for me to do what i did, saying we were in a narrow hallway is not a defense against me. it states what i was doing isn't fail RP and this completely opposes my ban i was allowed to do what i did.

In conclusion what i did wasn't illegal as you already know they were going to kill my friend and i was allowed to take action which i did, so i should be unbanned as what i did was not illegal, not once, either does it state that i would have to be fired upon to take action so i should be unbanned soon, as it was not a bannable reason

just read what u posted again and what i did wasn't fear RP as the rule also states that i could do this 2:1 as to what i was aware my friend was going to killed and needed to be saved and a 2:1 isn't illegal, i was allowed to do what i did as the rule also states that it can be done even in the face of death, him being my companion allows me to take charge of this situation. It will be emphised that my friend wasn't a hostage and they couldn't use him as a shield against my shootings or barter using him, killing him would be failRP themselves as it is stated killing an unarmed man is failRP. under what i said i was acting legally and they were acting illegally. ]

It is important to be aware that my friend shouldn't have been shot, unless i was killed, then it would have been okay to kill him as they would of had evidence, or if was then my friend was used as a hostage would they have a reason to shoot up an unmanned person
They were THREATNING with killing your friend if he didn't agree to the deal the corleones were proposing.
He could easily have survived if he agreed/lied (saying he agreed) and you didn't running in, shooting everywhere. I still think you were in the wrong and I have yet to be convinced about how you should be unbanned.

Quote:saying we were in a narrow hallway is not a defense against me.
I have no idea what you are trying to say here, but let's roll with it and focus on the tight hallway. The narrow hallway puts YOU at a disadvantage.

Let's say everyone were standing (which is not unusual if the players need to type), everyone would be at the same height. This means that if you shoot the corleone closest to you, then you can also hit your friend. And if you manage to kill the person closest to you, then you have your friend in the middle, and then the corleone behind him again. He has a very easy chance of killing your friend and perhaps even you, while you have a hard time getting a good aim at this second corleone without killing your friend.

You couldn't have flanked them either so your friend wasn't in the middle of the flying bullets.

This might be overcomplicating it a bit... But I hope you see what I'm getting at and why the narrow hallway has something to say for the situation a bit.
Sincerely, Enzyme
You also do realize that by shooting the first Corleone you would have also most likely shot your friend, while your plan was to save him.
my friend was crouching because that was what they forced him to do, there was no risk of hitting him as i was aiming high, also u know no one was typing as well all had mics besides from deluxe who was standing behind EOD so him standing doesn't matter anyway, you should understand my friend wasn't in any risk
Your friend. Behind a guy you are shooting at. That's definitely a risk.
Alright. So you shoot the first guy (perhaps you need to reload, perhaps not).. What now?

The second corleone is free to open fire at your friend WHILE you are shooting the first guy, or he can shoot you and kill you. (seeing how you might be low on ammunition and/or HP if the first corleone had enough time to turn around.
Sincerely, Enzyme
my friend was crouching because that was what they forced him to do, there was no risk of hitting him as i was aiming high, also u know no one was typing as well all had mics besides from deluxe who was standing behind EOD so him standing doesn't matter anyway, you should understand my friend wasn't in any risk
my shot was less then 5m it was no risk to hitting my friend who was less then 1/2 the height of the target, ther was no risk of hitting him as i can sya to u he wasn't hit by me as he also moved to the side when i saved him
Since you are repeating yourself, then I will more or less do the same.

"Alright. So you shoot the first guy (perhaps you need to reload, perhaps not).. What now?

The second corleone is free to open fire at your friend WHILE you are shooting the first guy, or he can shoot you and kill you. (seeing how you might be low on ammunition and/or HP if the first corleone had enough time to turn around. "

What you don't seem to think of is that you still have another enemy after you killed the first one, and this second enemy has a big window of opportunity of shooting down your friend or you (perhaps even both?)

The second guy stands there... Aiming at your friend with a weapon drawn.. All he needs to do is to squeeze the trigger. He can do this WAAAY before you even are done with the first corleone.

Do you understand what I'm getting at here?
Sincerely, Enzyme