Wasting donatorship
Since the Fearless servers have been being ddos'd into oblivion lately, am I the only one who feels like donating isn't really worth it? I'm all for donating to keep the servers up but from where i'm sitting, I cant see where the money is going.
You mean to tell me that donating to help the server SURVIVE the DDoS is not worth it?
There is more to donating then just a fucking suit and a job. You take part in keeping the server stay afloat.
Please make sure you have reviewed the Terms of Service §5.0.

Following it, it states:

Terms of Service Wrote:Fearless does not provide any purchases or subscriptions, nor does Fearless conduct any sales or other such financial transactions. We do accept donations, and are not required to provide any services in return, nor will we issue refunds. Fearless is not a business, we provide our Services to you without charge, and any and all donations are entirely optional.

We provide preset packages which we may provide you as a token of gratitude for your donation, however Fearless reserves to right to not provide these services at any time.

All donations are considered a gift to Fearless, and are acquired legally and taxed via our payment provider.

The disclaimer you meet on the donation page is also clear:

Donation Index Wrote:By donating you will help the server financially. To show our appreciation we will give donator status or moneypacks as gift. With donator status you have more ingame benefits than non-donators. After you've made your donation, your account will be automatically updated. If you still have any questions or if you want additional information, feel free to ask the owner. By donating you agree with our Terms of Service. Donating is done via PayPal.
I see what you mean, Oddball. But there is just no decent software against DDoS'es, unless we are talking about thousands of dollars. The goal of getting donators is to get money to pay the host of the server and probably other things, which I don't know because I'm not in the administrative team.

Like Jarz said, this community needs money to keep existing.
I get that Fearless isn't a business, but the fact that the servers keep crashing every half hour to an hour and staying down for a couple of hours at a time is getting a tad bit absurd. I'm not asking for a refund, i'm just wondering why our donations aren't funding the purchase of an anti-ddos software to protect the servers.
(08-29-2013, 11:19 PM)Oddball94 Wrote: I get that Fearless isn't a business, but the fact that the servers keep crashing every half hour to an hour and staying down for a couple of hours at a time is getting a tad bit absurd. I'm not asking for a refund, i'm just wondering why our donations aren't funding the purchase of an anti-ddos software to protect the servers.

Because a close-to-effective anti-DDoS system costs multiple thousands of dollars per month. Unless you are willing to whip out the big money, we can't afford it.
(08-29-2013, 11:19 PM)Oddball94 Wrote: I get that Fearless isn't a business, but the fact that the servers keep crashing every half hour to an hour and staying down for a couple of hours at a time is getting a tad bit absurd. I'm not asking for a refund, i'm just wondering why our donations aren't funding the purchase of an anti-ddos software to protect the servers.

http://www.incapsula.com/ddos/contact-us...protection

If you want the DDoS to barely stop (Because programs hardly do shit), sign FL up for this out of your pocket.

FL doesn't get the funds it needs to afford this, a website, 5 servers (or more), a TS server, and some other basic necessities.

My suggestion to you is to stop complaining and be happy to are helping the community financially, because there are people who are going through this aswell, it is not only you. SoulRipper, Nudelholz, Jamie, s.J., and some other players, both Administrators, Veterans, and Players, who have been on the forum since 2010 and have probably been in the community before that aswell, have been through much more than you and I both.

TL;DR? I completely understand you are frustrated, but posting about how donating is a waste of time because of the DDoS is just disrespectful, and it kills me to see that.
Why not use that free 7 day trial right now, in this period of excessive DDoSing..?
Donating is the word that you need to be reminded of. It's donating because it's voluntary. SoulRipper decided to add on perks for donators, but that's just because he's a nice guy. By donating, he can eventually get a more powerful CPU for better server handling, but Anti-DDoS services are just too much money.

Sincerely,
ArcHammer
[Image: LkB62ld.png]

+Rep
(08-29-2013, 11:42 PM)Victorinox Wrote: Why not use that free 7 day trial right now, in this period of excessive DDoSing..?

Cause it is the most terrible mitigation software on the market.
The following 2 users Like Narc's post:
  • yarrrs, Victorinox