BT Broadband VS Sky broadband
I have had sky for about 2 years now, to be honest I AM SICK OF IT [Just my opinion] i was promised 10mbps and look at what they gave me instead!
[Image: 2909049331.png]
I will soon be upgrading to bt infinity with hope that it will be better, with the new fancy fiber optics and stuff. According to THIS map i should get 50mbps once i get BT, we'll see. [also notice the sky speed.]
Does this happen to everyone? Am i the only odd one out? I would like to see responses to argue which of the two broadbands are better.
Yours sincerely,
Tandy
Fearless Member
You will never get the speeds that an ISP says you will get, you may get about 20-30mbps but I don't think you will get the 50 they promise. I have never got the speeds I was told I will get, but I hope this isn't the case for you and you will get the 50 they say you will get.
When I was on Virgin Media I got the speeds promised. I was getting 50-70mb/s
(08-19-2013, 04:35 AM)GeorgeTheBoy Wrote: When I was on Virgin Media I got the speeds promised. I was getting 50-70mb/s
I had Sky broadband for ages and the only reason our family got it was because of the price. In terms of speed, it is literally among the worst in the country. It would take me over a day to download something like TF2 whereas now with BT Infinity I downloaded Payday 2 in around 25-40 minutes.

The major turning point was when Sky had a problem with the exchange or something stupid and I didn't have an internet connection for a month, fuck you Sky.
Definitely BT. Sky was awful when we had it and their customer help line was ***. A month without internet when we had Sky.
Regards,
aviator
(08-19-2013, 03:09 AM)Nathan Wrote: You will never get the speeds that an ISP says you will get

Signed up with VM on 50mbps, speedtest constantly said I had around 55. Then a month or two ago they upgraded everyones internet for free, I now get around 100mbps. For the price of 50mbps. Not bad huh, sod BT, get VirginMedia mate.
The following 1 user Likes Faustie's post:
  • GeorgeTheBoy
Yeah. Virgin media. We had a free upgrade to our fiber obtic
Kind Regards,
Wood.
I have BT Infinity, it's great, I download things at a rate of 2.5 megabytes per second or more.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40229947&b=13]

You'll know me as either 'Boomer', President Daniel Boyd, or Commander Carbon, of the Planeteers.
I use BT and this is my result from speedtest
[Image: 2909699634.png]
which is complete bs cus i get about 0.8kbs to 1.2mbs DL speed and about 0.01kbs upload speed however i do live in the middle of no where.