What happened to the Fearless we knew?
[OPINION WARNING] Personally I feel that FearlessRP and CityRP has progressed well in the short time I have been here. But I feel it has changed for the better. I have made many friends while I have been here which is nearing impossible to do on other RP communities. FL is the Light in the darkness of DarkRP in my opinion. The staff are mostly helpful, kind and respectful apart from one exception who I shall not name. Also I shall say this right now, the time spent on this particular community does not affect the way we have all seen it progress, how long have a been here 2 months 3? I have seen huge changes to the gamemode all submitted by players via the 'Suggestions' forum which have to approved by the community so I would class anyone that doesn't like the changes, someone incapable of change.

[Image: fgfcrai.png]

If I helped you, please consider giving me a +Rep.

I know what you're talking about when you say change. I've been here since around 2011, and since then a lot of things have happened. Everything has changed really. I think what you're referring to when you talk about negative change, is the player base. Back in 2011 we had an elite group of 50 (Or so) players that were incredibly intelligent, mature, older, and knew how to RP. As the community expanded into more servers (v33,v2d) and as we moved into Gmod 13 especially; The dynamic changed. The server itself and the admin team have improved an incredible amount. The admin team now is around the same level it was in 2011, we have a lot more admins, but it's only because we've expanded a lot more. The server is just incredibly different, the mechanics are better, everything has improved. And I thank and respect the developers for this. But in terms of the player base, we're simply not the same. We've lost I'd say... 90% of the veterans, and in turn a bunch of new people have come in. The ages are lower, the maturity is less, and simply they don't conform like they used to. If you're the 49th player in a group of 50 mature players, you're going to mature or get destroyed. Now, the average player is comparable to a rock. Here's a good analogy: Before, the players used to be butterflies (mature, respectful, smart, RP all the time), and if you were a caterpillar, you would either turn into a butterfly, or leave. Fast-forward to now, the average player is a moth (that's generous), and if you come in as a caterpillar you will just turn into a moth, not a butterfly. So if this has made any sense to you, you will understand what I mean. Everything has improved besides our player-base. It's expanded, but not improved in terms of maturity, willingness to RP, intelligence, respectfulness. Which is what causes threads to be made like this, confused people upset, but not sure what to be upset about. The answer is the player-base, most agree that the average player isn't as good as it used to be. But, there is a positive side to this, it's not hard to change the community. The answer is simple, become a butterfly yourself, and push others into not being a moth, but being a butterfly....

With Love,

Vauld
The following 13 users Like Vauld's post:
  • Weecow, D0ctor, aviator, Tyki Mikk, Fillehh, Moisty, Haarek, Rylund, DarkN00b, Jimmy, Infernaw, yarrrs, Kulthro
(08-17-2013, 07:45 PM)Vauld Wrote: -snip-

The thing is that the caterpillars gets shooed away by the experienced players and thus, in a way, is being forced into evolving to a moth. Someone asks a "stupid" question in OOC and people give a witty comment back. Today we had a 12 hour player as President, first thing he gets without even typing anything is "A 12 hour president, run", "Grub for President" etc. He then posted some pretty bad laws and people kept whining a bit but it was his first time being a president ever. There was nothing really disrespecting but I can imagine how it feels when you read things like that. How will they become a butterfly if no one teaches them to RP from the beginning because of the low hours? Luckily there were admins on that were friendly towards him otherwise a shit storm would be headed his way, no doubt. This is not the first time I have seen this kind of thing nor will it be the last.

I think many has the same attitude as Rolorox in the thread I linked. "All of you trying to act so Nice and accepting get over yourselves. This is the internet." This thinking is where the lack of respect and immaturity comes from.

Yes, as you said the answer is simple and as staff members of this community you guys have lots of people looking up to you therefore you have the leading stick even if you dont want to. If you guys give witty comments too and have a bad attitude in general people will do the same, thinking its OK. We should all show how to be a butterfly with a good, friendly attitude.
The following 4 users Like Humla's post:
  • D0ctor, Tyki Mikk, Fillehh, Oliver
Moths are evil.
[Image: h06A9E760]
The following 1 user Likes Tyki Mikk's post:
  • Fillehh
(08-17-2013, 06:03 PM)Fultzy Wrote: Honestly my biggest issue with this thread at this current point is the use of some admins and some players. If you want to make a thread like this use names. And if you want my personal opinion on this our team right now is the most professional I have seen it in my two year stay here.

Using names won't solve anything, it will just create conflict and especially crying about me doing that and them doing that. If I had a problem with a specific player I would confront them about it but I don't want to confront anyone since I don't have the "long stick". It's not my job to make sure that people don't cross the line, that is the job of an admin, but when I see an admin that goes mouth to mouth instead of telling the player to stop I start wondering why that's okay.

I wanted to start a debate about the subject and so I did.

I see alot of people liking comments and I would be very interested to hear your opinions!
I see no change in FL.
[Image: 2begkip.jpg]
Everything changes.
But war, war never changes.
[Image: image.png]
Doctor KuLa
Always Drunk
Eh been worse days.
(08-17-2013, 07:45 PM)Vauld Wrote: -snip-

Vauld said it guys.

I still remember when Gmod 13 came around and all servers of FL turned into hellholes, full of minges with less than ten hours of playtime.

Before, you could see 1-2 players with low hours. When gmod 13 was new, it became the opposite. Don't get me wrong, we have improved since when gmod 13 first game out. But the RP quality, seeing shops and passiveRP's everywhere without any admins online, is missing. The only time I see a decent amount of passiveRP is when we have admins online. And don't tell me it's not true, because players have actually steamed me about how they hope getting rewarded for a roleplay that would be considered "simple and newbish" back in the day.

Although I can't really agree with you on the fact that the Staff Team's being rude and immature. I think it's rather the opposite than how it was before (last summer).
[Image: yk9I3Jg.png]
The following 1 user Likes Infernaw's post:
  • yarrrs