What happened to the Fearless we knew?
(08-14-2013, 03:29 PM)kakcraft Wrote:
(08-14-2013, 03:15 PM)Fillehh Wrote:
(08-14-2013, 12:31 PM)Aviator Wrote: As with anything, starting out is very hard. I remember when I joined I feared a lot of experienced players due to their increased knowledge and making a mistake would usually lead to an insult or offensive reply. I do see a lot of people, staff members and players alike, treating newcomers and even members who have been with us a fair length of time like dirt.

I am not perfect, nor are other people. Not everyone realises they are being idiotic, disrespectful, hurtful, or insulting. A lot of people here may be idiotic or insulting, just avoid them but at least in your heart you know you are not one of those disrespectful, insulting or idiotic people.

I can't say anything else to that but WORD MAN!

(08-14-2013, 03:12 PM)kakcraft Wrote: IMO The reason FLRP is going downhill so fast is because of threads like this.
Stop taking shit seriously, it's all a game, all for fun and if you can't have fun, i don't see why you're on the internet.

[Image: The_Internet_in_One_Image.jpg]

So people are treating eachother like dirt because I just pointed it out that they do? I am just pointing it out that it has not always been like it is right now and I miss the old times where people were respectful.

Not you pointing it out, people like you being serious about absolutely jack shit.

People like me? Do you see me as a troll? I am familiar with your name but I don't recall ever playing anything with you. So let me ask you, what do you know about me or "people like me"?
You say a game is all for fun, but you can't achieve that level of "joy" with people constantly insulting, showing disrespect, trolling, etc.

I find this thread doesn't cause FL to go "downhill". This is the discussions section where users can partake in a discussion about a particular topic. This surely is a problem at FL as I have noticed it a lot.
Regards,
aviator
The following 3 users Like aviator's post:
  • Fillehh, Generation, yarrrs
I have to admit I have seen a lot of trolling and disrespect over the past few weeks but none more than usual. Fearless has a strict rule policy which can cause a minority of people to get very mad which leads to a lot of raging, trolling, insulting ect..
(08-14-2013, 05:12 PM)Fillehh Wrote:
(08-14-2013, 03:29 PM)kakcraft Wrote:
(08-14-2013, 03:15 PM)Fillehh Wrote:
(08-14-2013, 12:31 PM)Aviator Wrote: As with anything, starting out is very hard. I remember when I joined I feared a lot of experienced players due to their increased knowledge and making a mistake would usually lead to an insult or offensive reply. I do see a lot of people, staff members and players alike, treating newcomers and even members who have been with us a fair length of time like dirt.

I am not perfect, nor are other people. Not everyone realises they are being idiotic, disrespectful, hurtful, or insulting. A lot of people here may be idiotic or insulting, just avoid them but at least in your heart you know you are not one of those disrespectful, insulting or idiotic people.

I can't say anything else to that but WORD MAN!

(08-14-2013, 03:12 PM)kakcraft Wrote: IMO The reason FLRP is going downhill so fast is because of threads like this.
Stop taking shit seriously, it's all a game, all for fun and if you can't have fun, i don't see why you're on the internet.

[Image: The_Internet_in_One_Image.jpg]

So people are treating eachother like dirt because I just pointed it out that they do? I am just pointing it out that it has not always been like it is right now and I miss the old times where people were respectful.

Not you pointing it out, people like you being serious about absolutely jack shit.

People like me? Do you see me as a troll? I am familiar with your name but I don't recall ever playing anything with you. So let me ask you, what do you know about me or "people like me"?

There's trolls, having fun messing about annoying people for the utterly lulz.
There's people like you, taking shit seriously everywhere. (Most of the people on fearless)
And there's people like me, i don't give a shit.

[Image: troll.jpg]
user title was put to "one of the elders" by default, and holy shit does that sound extreme
There are trolls and there were trolls, I've only seen it decreasing.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:15472195&b=9]
Make your own dynamic signature by clicking here.
There have been alot of trolls recently, but when certain admins are online, they're quickly dealt with without discrimination.

I agree though, on the matter of certain admins, specific admins are just horrible to some players.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40229947&b=13]

You'll know me as either 'Boomer', President Daniel Boyd, or Commander Carbon, of the Planeteers.
It seems, from the original post at least, you have had some less than satisfactory experiences with certain administrators. Trolls are trolls and we all know that, yet I also think that trolls aren't exactly the real subject of this thread.

If you'd perhaps bring up some specific examples where you feel an admin has been unprofessional then I would be interested to hear it. If you feel uncomfortable with presenting it publicly then I'd appreciate a private message - at least so I can see what you're on about and perhaps offer some insight. Same for you Dannyboy and anyone else who feels similarly.
The following 1 user Likes Adman's post:
  • Fillehh
(08-16-2013, 09:24 AM)Adman Wrote: It seems, from the original post at least, you have had some less than satisfactory experiences with certain administrators. Trolls are trolls and we all know that, yet I also think that trolls aren't exactly the real subject of this thread.

If you'd perhaps bring up some specific examples where you feel an admin has been unprofessional then I would be interested to hear it. If you feel uncomfortable with presenting it publicly then I'd appreciate a private message - at least so I can see what you're on about and perhaps offer some insight. Same for you Dannyboy and anyone else who feels similarly.

I have seen a few but I don't feel the urge to go out with it nor do I feel the need to present it. I am just pointing it out that the way some administrators act might be considered "hostile".
The following 1 user Likes Fillehh's post:
  • Ted
[Image: 60e0d10cb7aa2d87b0dbbf25564f8dca.png]
dig

Musician, Ex-Administrator
The following 2 users Like dig's post:
  • Fillehh, yarrrs
In my opinion the servers been getting better, especially 33x, there will always be assholes, the world is full of em, just ignore/avoid/kill where appropriate.

As for the admin team not being on 33x as much, whilst it can be a pain to be swarmed by minges, I think they deserve the right to play and RP when they want to.
I've also never had a problem with the admin team being disrespectful towards me, even on the occasion when I got banned way back, it was a polite conversation about what happened and what went wrong, and the consequences.

I've also seen the admins/moderators join 33x countless times to remove minges and douches countless times. Infernaw, Aviator, Enzyme, Narcotic are some that spring to mind. Hell even Faustie has come on to help at times.
I've actually never seen an admin to refuse to come on 33x, when people ask them politely.

Instead of OMG ADMINS HERE PLEASE.

Please note im not insinuating that you do, do that. It's just my experience.
The following 1 user Likes Eisenhorn's post:
  • Verzyn