New SRU VAN (+ model and skin)
+Support.
(07-31-2013, 11:27 PM)Equalizer Wrote: -snip-

I made a little while back an SRU skin for the GMC van (look's like your first pic), but soul were looking for a more car like the other picture you had. But unfortunately that model isn't directly skin able. Termin tried to mix with it to make it able to be skinable, but as I understood it's just to much work for that thing. I talked to Sgt.Sickness as well to see if he could make that van skin able, but he said he couldn't right now. It's just to hard and if he'd do it, it'd probably be in years.

[Image: mzf.jpg]

I tried to change the color to a darker one, but for me it's just to much. All the shadows and even small dots must be copied and it would look really ugly I had to do it. Basically it would look like pixelated dots or even worse.
Kind Regards,
Floodify
(07-31-2013, 11:27 PM)Equalizer Wrote: I don't like the fact that it looks like a military van more than something that would go through the city.
I'd prefer something like this;

-snip-

Something more urbanized and CityRP friendly.
+Support for the concept.

Some of them do look like that.

[Image: armored_SWAT_truck.jpg]

[Image: Nash_Bearcat.jpg]

[Image: Heavy_armored_SWAT_truck_FBI__2_unmarked_cars.jpg]
The following 3 users Like GunFISH's post:
  • Gccc, Feffe, Iraqi Eagle
Yes, I know and I actually kind of like the two first you posted, but the last one just get's too military'ish, big and clumpy-ram-everything'ish. (If that makes sense)

(08-01-2013, 12:56 AM)myfloodify Wrote: [Image: mzf.jpg]

This looks more like "The Mystery Van" than an actual swat car, not enough armour in my opinion. :/
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
The following 2 users Like equal's post:
  • Jono, D0ctor
That looks badass.

+Support
+Support but would be cooler if it looked like one of those money trucks that Equalizer and Gunfish posted
(08-01-2013, 02:15 AM)Equalizer Wrote: Yes, I know and I actually kind of like the two first you posted, but the last one just get's too military'ish, big and clumpy-ram-everything'ish. (If that makes sense)

(08-01-2013, 12:56 AM)myfloodify Wrote: [Image: mzf.jpg]

This looks more like "The Mystery Van" than an actual swat car, not enough armour in my opinion. :/

Maybe..

The problem is that there are not very many SWAT vans out there. Believe me, I've tried to find it. It's like two and one of them aren't UV mapped..
Kind Regards,
Floodify
I think the vehicle is fine. The fact is that they look 'Military-ish' because a lot of SWAT vehicles are adapted from the military.

I mean the police department in Phoenix, Arizona uses de-militarised armoured personnel carriers:

[Image: 800px-USAF_M113_APC_at_Camp_Bucca%2C_Iraq.jpg]

Though I imagine they look different.

The Florida Highway Patrol have 3 Cadillac-Gage V-150s:

[Image: 800px-Cadillac_Gage_V-150_do_Ex%C3%A9rci...C3%AAs.jpg]

Though again, I imagine the Florida ones look a lot different.

The point is, SWAT teams use a lot of these vehicles because they're practical in what they want to do. Some of the more civilian vans posted look like something a bunch of secret service agents would ride in behind Obama. The one myfloodify has made is a lot less military-ish than the ones I posted above and looks fine to me.
Admans right, swat and armed response teams tend to lead towards military designed vehicles for their missions. Not only are they built with carrying load bearing soldiers in mind, resisting small arms fire, they have a certain psychological impact on suspects.
The only place you really see 'civilian' SWAT vans is in Europe nowadays, and even in the UK we are leaning more towards military style vehicles.

[Image: 3709853811_31fb693890.jpg]

(A big consideration that prevents apc type vehicles being used by the UK police is actual the damage those vehicles cause to the roads, and the fact they are just too big)

So yes they do tend to have that juggernaut look.
+support

Any criticisms has already been said, which is basically the seats. There does need at least 4 seats.

Amazing idea, amazing model and it could help SRU RP dramatically, in my opinion.
A more fitting signature.