Overclocking
My 3770k Intel CPU can OC up to 4.1 GHz, however the safe zone I have found is 3.9 instead of the normal 3.5, and it's fine. I have 2 case fans - one on the back and one on the side, plus the CPU fan which generally runs a bit higher than the other fans. That keeps it cool and there's no problem.
It depends on your cooling and if your CPU can handle it.

Sincerely,
ArcHammer
[Image: LkB62ld.png]

+Rep
(07-30-2013, 03:19 PM)Flabbawookie Wrote: I love you Jarz, you always know what to say Tounge.

In that case I'm going to steer away from Overclocking for now, hoping to get myself an AMD FX-6300 or 8350 in the future for extra CPU power.

I'm basically doing this for better FPS in Arma2/DayZ which I've found out is actually quite Graphics Card based, and there was me thinking I had a decent GPU but I can only run DayZ with max settings on around 20-35 FPS :l

If you get DayZ, come on the UK 111 Server, I play on it.
(07-31-2013, 06:40 AM)MattyG56 Wrote:
(07-30-2013, 03:19 PM)Flabbawookie Wrote: I love you Jarz, you always know what to say Tounge.

In that case I'm going to steer away from Overclocking for now, hoping to get myself an AMD FX-6300 or 8350 in the future for extra CPU power.

I'm basically doing this for better FPS in Arma2/DayZ which I've found out is actually quite Graphics Card based, and there was me thinking I had a decent GPU but I can only run DayZ with max settings on around 20-35 FPS :l

If you get DayZ, come on the UK 111 Server, I play on it.

Ain't that off-topic. Trying to help a guy decide on a decision on what to do, an - nevermind.
I've just tried my rig on Arma 3 and boy does it not like it, I get around 15FPS when using standard settings so I'm not sure wether it's my 7770 that's causing this or my FX6100 that's not good enough to keep up. I'm probably aiming towards buying an FX8350 as that can run at 4.0GHz not OC'd which is 700MHz more powerful than my current CPU at full power. But will my CPU make a difference when gaming? Will it smooth out the FPS or is it just a waste of money?

JARZ GET OVER HERE <3
Odds are it's your GPU, not CPU. Your six-core should be more than enough, but if your really concerned use task manager to check CPU loads while playing.
With all due respect,

Trevor Jackson

[Image: ActualSig.jpg]
Turns out it was just the server that was making me have massive FPS issues, I'm getting around 30-40 FPS on High settings which I'm pretty proud of. bruterules you say it could be my GPU but I'm sure enough a 7770 can handle Arma 3? Apparently these games are very CPU heavy I've been told, I'll check my loads while playing now.
There will always be a risk to overcloacking your pc but its a good way to play it safe by getting a industrial fan or a liquid cooling system
[Image: QAlZlgi.png]
Yeah I'm buying myself a CoolerMaster HYPER TX3 EVO CPU Fan to cool down my CPU when playing games, which means I'll be able to crank it up to 3.3GHz and not have heat related issues.
For OC'ing you will require a good cooling system, thus the fact that your will OC you system will not increase fps. Get a new GPU.

OC can be harmful.
I'm not planning to OC anymore as I've realized my current system won't be able to handle it very well, I have found though that the GPU I spent £85 isn't as good as I expected . Because of this I'm aiming to upgrade maybe into a Nvidia graphics card because quite a few games I play are better optimized for Nvidia technology.