Overclocking
So I'm thinking of Overclocking my AMD FX-6100 processor to squeeze a lil bit more juice out and get some better performance when playing games, but I'm not all that sure if it's worth risking the damage that could be caused if anything goes wrong. I've never overclocked my PC before but it seems to be what a lot of people do to get better CPU performance.

As far as my specs go:

ASUSTeK Computer INC. M5A78L-M/USB3
AMD FX-6100 3.4Ghz
Sapphire Radeon 7770 GHz Edition GDDR5 1GB
8GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 803MHz
1TB Seagate Hard Drive
Stock coolers and fans

I'm doing this just to see if my computer will go any faster and perform any better but without damaging any components, and I'm not quite sure wether it will so that's why I'm posting this. To see if anyone can spot out a problem with me overclocking, if there is no problem then I'm probably going to overclock.
There is no safe way to overclock a CPU.
Overclocking CPU's will just make them run hotter, cutting their life down.
If you want a faster CPU, You are better off buying one, not OC'd. in the long run, if the OC is successful, [No guarantee it will be], It's life will be severed.

[Former GeekSquad Employee]
I love you Jarz, you always know what to say Tounge.

In that case I'm going to steer away from Overclocking for now, hoping to get myself an AMD FX-6300 or 8350 in the future for extra CPU power.

I'm basically doing this for better FPS in Arma2/DayZ which I've found out is actually quite Graphics Card based, and there was me thinking I had a decent GPU but I can only run DayZ with max settings on around 20-35 FPS :l
(07-30-2013, 03:19 PM)Flabbawookie Wrote: I'm basically doing this for better FPS in Arma2/DayZ which I've found out is actually quite Graphics Card based, and there was me thinking I had a decent GPU but I can only run DayZ with max settings on around 20-35 FPS :l

OC'ing your CPU won't help you get higher FPS in games (for the most part). If you were to OC, do it on your GPU, or get a new GPU.
I'm not sure that my GPU is overclockable, or is it?

I just bought it, no idea if it can be, Radeon 7770 Ghz Edition?
(07-30-2013, 04:05 PM)Flabbawookie Wrote: I'm not sure that my GPU is overclockable, or is it?

I just bought it, no idea if it can be, Radeon 7770 Ghz Edition?

http://bit.ly/13X3o1l

[Image: fgfcrai.png]

If I helped you, please consider giving me a +Rep.

You can overclock the hell out of any radeon card. Just make sure you got a good airflow through your case and turn the fan speed up otherwise you'll have burt plastic.
Yours sincerely,
Tandy
Fearless Member
(07-30-2013, 06:21 PM)Tandy Wrote: You can overclock the hell out of any radeon card. Just make sure you got a good airflow through your case and turn the fan speed up otherwise you'll have burt plastic.

And Mary poppins plastic (doubt anyone will get that)

[Image: fgfcrai.png]

If I helped you, please consider giving me a +Rep.

You can eliminate the risk of burning out your card, or CPU, by just not touching the voltage. Leave it be. I've got my I5-3570k to 4.2GHz on stock voltage before, and don't worry about warranties either - As long as you don't over-volt the card/CPU Intel, AMD and Nvidia will have no way of telling that you've been running the clock speed any higher. Also, you will not see a difference in games if your GPU is bottle-necking you. Remember; Your PC is only as fast as your slowest part.

With overclocking your CPU, go as high as you can on stock voltage before your windows doesn't start or it is not stable, then just go back into the BIOS and go back to your previous settings. And run Prime 95 or other stress testing tools for at least 12 hours
I still don't recommend OCing anything. Even if it is warrantied, it is not worth the hassle. If you do not like its performance, get a new one.