Mic not working...
Lightbulb 
So I have a problem lately. Everytime I try to use my mic, it just doesn't work. The problem only happends in Garrys mod. When I press the "Test My Microphone" Button, the meter doesn't display anything.
The Steam microphone is fine
Skype Mic is fine

So, anyone else had this problem? I really could use some help :S

--EDIT--
Also, I got my new headset yesterday, and the problem is still here. So don't mention the mic itself, its fine Smile
Do you use push to talk with steam Mic?
Nope.
That could be your problem, you can talk to the steam help and support they could help.
Im not just perfect, Im WELSH.[Image: mca.png]
That shouldn't be a problem Lemon. From what I remember from my code exploring days Source engine games take the microphone input direct from the Mic jack. Steam isn't involved when you're using a source engine based game simply because it isn't needed. For once valve were sensible with their coding ideas.

Back to the topic at hand. Can you record a few seconds of audio using the windows sound recorder and post it as an attachment? Doesn't have to be your voice, could be anything as long as its about as loud as your voice.
Unplug it

Clear your registry errors

Plug it in
Did you try pressing the Mic hotkey to speak?

[Image: 4e0d784f07005dd7461377df3a2de868]
If you binded/alted your mic key, that may of messed it up.
My problem NOW is:
It does work, but is VERY laggy ingame, and sometimes it doesn't work completely.
Try updating the drivers for your sound card. That might fix the problem, and if it doesn't then you've just updated your drivers. Can't do any harm.