Building Contest: $40,000 in reward!
Building Contest

Type of building:I need a building for a federal agency, such as FBI/NCIS/Russian FSB, etc. There's a few features that I demand to be in the building, otherwise feel free to use whatever you want for your inspiration.
I want this to be big, so big that it will require two people to paste it all. You could make it so that one person spawns the building, and one the interior, or however you want it. Just make sure that we're able to spawn it at the original location, so that we won't have all the hassle with placing it right.

I would also like to request this being a two or maybe even three storeys. You can make an elevator with hydraulics if you wish, that would be very cool. Stairs are a must, though.

Three storeys would actually be the best. First level of the building should be publicly accessible, with a desk which people can approach to talk with an employee of the federal agency. The entrance to the building should either be left open, or you could create some kind of hydraulic system. Just remember that anyone should be able to enter here. A sign, either above the entrance or somewhere in front of the building should be available and empty, with room for no more than 4 letters. Second level should be off limits to the public, which is where stuff like interrogation rooms and offices should be located.
The third storey should be very off limits to anyone without an errand there. Here, you'd find the directors office and the control center.

Most places should be secured by a door prop, which can then be allocated a fading door and a keypad with a security code, which is something we'll do.

Map and location: This building should be located on V2D. I know that V2P is a MUCH better place, but sadly, the good roleplayers rarely go on that server. Find a good place for it on V2D. A good place might be the road at radio station, but I seriously doubt you'll be able to find enough space. Give it a go if you want to, though, maybe put it so that the length of the building is parallel to the road. If you've got a better place for it, then go for it. I can always replace it if I really don't like your placing of it.

Features:

First Floor.
A lobby. Here you'll find the entrance, and a desk. You will also find an elevator and stairs behind a secure door. (keypads, don't put them there yourself, we'll do that, since keypads are bugged through dupes anyawys)
The elevator and the stairs must NOT go to the third floor, instead a seperate set of stairs should do that, further signalling the fact that only authorized personnel can go there. Don't bother putting up /notes, since the text from those disappears when you dupe it, we'll handle that.

Garage. Secure, for vehicles belonging to the federal agency and its employees. Make sure there's plenty of space here, don't do too much about it, just make sure there's a big prop (room for two cars to pass each other) which can be fadingdoored. There should be lots of room here, remember that the first storey will only have a lobby, this garage, and an elevator+stairs. Use the remaining space for this garage. The garage must be accessible from the second floor, via either a separate elevator or a separate flight of stairs. (or both) It must not be accessible from the first floor, except from the garage door which will be secured. Remember to place the door in a correct spot, so that our vehicles can exit properly. It wouldn't be very smart placing it in front of a world wall, would it now?

Second Floor.
An interrogation room. This room must have a table with two chairs, must be very simple, and must have a window/other type of prop in which someone standing in a separate room can see into the interrogation room, while anyone inside the interrogation room must not be able to see through. I know there's some sort of material you can use for it.
The room should look something like this: Youtube video Look at 1:58 for an example of the one-sided glass. Remember to have only one door, which should lead to some sort of hallway, which I will cover next.

Hallway.Leading from the offices to the interrogation room, the room next to it (where you can watch the interrogations as I described), the holding cells, and perhaps a room in which you'd find the stairs/elevator to the garage.

Holding cells. Enough to fit a few people in separate cells. Should be simple.

Offices. Don't make too much out of this, the prop which includes a screen, keyboard, and mouse on each desk will be fine, whoever has the desk can customize it to his liking, we don't want too many props being taken from the general building to use on this.
Number of desks: 4.

Directors office. For the guy running the whole thing. Big screen, should be on the second or third level of the building, "above" the offices. Don't fit this out too much either, leave room for customization.

Control/intelligence center. Big screens, computers, lots of hardware.

Additional Notes:I'm offering $40k for this, so I expect it to be good. If I don't find a satisfying building, I will not be paying out the prize to anybody.
You'll have around 60 props for it, seeing as it will be pasted in two parts. Make good use of them, and make sure to use materials on everything.

I will not sell this dupe to anyone, and will of course credit the creator(s) of the dupe.

If you're wondering about pulling this off with only one dupe, then forget it, unless you're an administrator. You'll need a lot more than 30 props for this $40,000 building.

I expect pictures and/or video of the whole thing, since I may not have the time to see it for my self until the contest is over. If you really impress me, a bonus may be given.

This contest ends on the 4th of August, I cannot give a specific time, but the end of the competition will be announced here, and the winner will be contacted directly. Make sure to post your Steam name here once you leave your submission.

Spread this around to your build-wise friends!

Add me on Steam: Verenikin. WARNING: There's two Verenikins, I am the one with a picture of a vodka bottle as my avatar.
Hostage, you better get building.
Good idea!
Interesting..
Prop limits is about 30 props ..so buidling a garage ..elevator ..stairs and 2 floors will be very hard . i am good builder but a building like this will be imposibble ... and u need to add some props in like desk ..that can not happen . u need a man who can use at least 40 to -50 props
(07-28-2013, 04:55 PM)MightyOne Wrote: Prop limits is about 30 props ..so buidling a garage ..elevator ..stairs and 2 floors will be very hard . i am good builder but a building like this will be imposibble ... and u need to add some props in like desk ..that can not happen . u need a man who can use at least 40 to -50 props

I don't think you quite read my post.

How about you try reading it again? Wink
The following 1 user Likes Verenikin's post:
  • yarrrs
I could probably do this, however for the silly amount of 40.000 it's simply not worth the hassle.
[Image: get.php?s=STEAM_0:1:40601685&b=10]
(07-28-2013, 06:47 PM)Equalizer Wrote: I could probably do this, however for the silly amount of 40.000 it's simply not worth the hassle.

I cannot afford to pay higher unless its something truly amazing, but luckily several others seem to find the price to be fair.

Remember, you can resell the dupe.
The following 1 user Likes Verenikin's post:
  • equal
Challenge Accepted
I probably end up with 90 props. is that okay too?
(07-28-2013, 06:58 PM)DaCrowh Wrote: Challenge Accepted
I probably end up with 90 props. is that okay too?

Sure, if you make it awesome enough, I'm fine with three dupes!