Temar
(Temar really isn't an administrator, but he abused the administrator power he was given)
Name: Jonas (I guess my name goes here)

Time/Date: 07-22-2013, around 9-11 PM GMT+1

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:5119023

Name of Administrator: Temar

Evidence: N/A

Additional notes: I was doing regular patrol as an police officer, and get a report about disturbance at BP. I respond to there immediately, and see a midget running around. This midget turned out to be Temar, and he was punching everyone around him. This is:
  • Essentially bypassing the arrest mechanism, as it was close to impossible to even get him tazed
  • Using admin abilities to create an unfair advantage against other players
  • It essentially is messing around as well
yer I had abit of fun with people on the server
me and soul was doing it last week as well
I'm pretty sure I was tazed a few times, punched, even shot at by a gun dealer
I was aiming my punches at those who I believe hit me

Using admin abilities to create an unfair advantage against other players
- its not like I was raiding or had an AK47 I was just having fist fight at BP

It essentially is messing around as well
- Sorry for not being a boring admin doing boring stuff
(07-24-2013, 09:33 PM)Temar Wrote: yer I had abit of fun with people on the server
me and soul was doing it last week as well
I'm pretty sure I was tazed a few times, punched, even shot at by a gun dealer
I was aiming my punches at those who I believe hit me

Using admin abilities to create an unfair advantage against other players
- its not like I was raiding or had an AK47 I was just having fist fight at BP

It essentially is messing around as well
- Sorry for not being a boring admin doing boring stuff

If you want to run around as a midget, I don't mind you doing it out in nowhere or on a build server. Fact is that I come on Fearless to roleplay, not to go around and chase midgets.
You were creating an unfair advantage, as those punching you, had a lot smaller chance of actually hitting you, hence your size. Also you punched multiple officers, while they were trying to get you tazed, causing same problem.
Sure, being a midget and punching everyone can be fun, but it was never ever supposed to happen in a semi-serious RP environment.
Quote:Sure, being a midget and punching everyone can be fun, but it was never ever supposed to happen in a semi-serious RP environment.
exactly SEMI serious
we role play but have fun, we do zombies and other interesting things
altho I was prob abit smaller, midgets exist in real life?
(07-24-2013, 09:43 PM)Temar Wrote:
Quote:Sure, being a midget and punching everyone can be fun, but it was never ever supposed to happen in a semi-serious RP environment.
exactly SEMI serious
we role play but have fun, we do zombies and other interesting things
altho I was prob abit smaller, midgets exist in real life?

SEMI, in my opinion, would include stuff like what you are mentioning, zombies and unrealistic disasters.
Problem in this case, however, is that you're making an advantage for yourself over other players. Don't try to tell me there are midgets are about the size of a full grown mans feet. Not in any way SEMI serious. Normal people (as in not admins) do not have the ability to turn into a 5CM tall man, so it's making an unfair advantage.
Neither do admins, only developers and Soul can make people big or small.

I have walked around as a giant twice as an admin. Soul has made a BMW tiny and let people drive around.
If you don't want to interact with someone having fun then don't join in. There was no advantage given here, it's not like Temar gained anything except some fun. Maybe if he used being small to raid someone or kill someone it would gain an advantage. As he has said he only hit people who he believed hit him.
(07-24-2013, 10:06 PM)Termin Wrote: Neither do admins, only developers and Soul can make people big or small.

I have walked around as a giant twice as an admin. Soul has made a BMW tiny and let people drive around.
If you don't want to interact with someone having fun then don't join in. There was no advantage given here, it's not like Temar gained anything except some fun. Maybe if he used being small to raid someone or kill someone it would gain an advantage. As he has said he only hit people who he believed hit him.

But then why shouldn't he use his admin possibilities rightfully? Punchwhoring is not allowed, and he should be punishing (or at least talking) to whoever breaks the rules. I don't see how this doesn't gain any advantage, as we still were hardly able to get him in cuffs.
I suspect Temar got some sort of immunity. He is crucial to the community and future development of Fearless. I have a hard time believing you would let any moderator do this (if they could change their own size).
Furthermore he broke fearRP, as multiple officers pointed tazers at him, but he intentionally refused to stop. Everyone kept telling him to stop. I don't find this "fun".
If you are referring to him hitting people, see my last sentence above. If you are referring to people hitting him, he was having fun with them and obviously didn't mind. So the advantage is that he didn't get arrested? Well maybe refer to him being 5cm tall as an out of character fun moment with the community, therefore being arrested would be inappropriate. Either way, this was some fun, people had fun with him, and if you didn't like that fun then it's your choice to get involved.
(07-24-2013, 10:15 PM)Termin Wrote: If you are referring to him hitting people, see my last sentence above. If you are referring to people hitting him, he was having fun with them and obviously didn't mind. So the advantage is that he didn't get arrested? Well maybe refer to him being 5cm tall as an out of character fun moment with the community, therefore being arrested would be inappropriate. Either way, this was some fun, people had fun with him, and if you didn't like that fun then it's your choice to get involved.

This was all IC, as it happened ingame.
I was a part of ECPD. Do you really believe I should just ignore a big group punching each other? Definitely not. The police departments job is to keep justice, and peace. To come in even more details, he got tazed and afterwards shot by a random gun dealer. What did he do? Nothing whatsoever.
It's the administrators job to make sure this stuff doesn't happen, because it obviously doesn't fit in a RP environment. Also if he was "just having fun", it would be messing around. Thesaurus even remarks "fool around" as a synonym to "messing around".
So 10 minutes of fun has completely ruined your RP experience, apologies. I think it's sad that a bit of fun is seen this way, especially when it rarely happens nowadays.