Fix DDoS attacks
Please do something to fix the DDoS attacks like adding an anti-virus to the server or changing IP, the server as been massively attacked this week and I believe it won't stop... Please do something I can't even put a money printer...
It costs money to do those things, quite alot I think, also this has been discussed not so long ago.
(07-01-2013, 08:42 PM)MattyG56 Wrote: It costs money to do those things, quite alot I think, also this has been discussed not so long ago.

If they are thinking on putting a anti-virus ill be sure to donate
Only about the 10th thread over the past week, use the search button and see how much these things cost and why they aren't going to invest in one any time soon.
[Image: image.png]

Ted - International Lover: My gear changes sound like Donald Duck
SoulRipper Wrote:I simply can't afford DDoS mitigation since it will cost around 3000 dollar per month.

Also:
- So called firewall software doesn't help at all.
- By only allowing the IPs of FL members we are digging our own grave.
- Getting Linux doesn't help at all.
- Giving every server a separate dedi will not solve it, they will attack all 3 of them, plus it would be a lot more difficult to push trough updates.
- Hosting the server behind a proxy will not work, since they'll attack the proxy which makes the real server unreachable.
- I doubt that even if we have mitigation the server will run smoothly during a huge attack. The low pings are way more important on a gameserver than a website-server.

We are not the only community with DDoS attacks, every successful Gmod community get's DDoS attacks. Because we have such an incredible fast internet connection (which most communities don't have) only the big attacks will win.

Someone asked me if we will ever give up the community due to the attacks, like our previous competitors, the answer is: never.

Closed. Use search.