We, the Admins
The Admins are there to fend off rulebreakers and minges. We also warn those who do things such as flaming, questioning admins and being a nuiscance to others on the forums. We give out warnings to those who spam threads and flame others (forum administrating is also the job of a Moderator, i.e. me).

Here's a message I recieved after I warned someone because they decided to post a big thread on how Nudel should be demoted - when he could have just talked to Soul (or indeed, Nudel - but not every single person):

Lazers Wrote:I WAS WARNED?! This is incredible. Eugh. It's true that there is no such thing as a 'fair' admin. They all think that they're so much better than us mortal players.

I liked fearless RP, its fun, it has a great community. And then there's the admins, who go out of their way to make the game miserable for you.

(As a fact, the warning was one point - and it only lasts for no more than day)

I'll point out part of it:
"And then there's the admins, who go out of their way to make the game miserable for you."

Now Lazers, why don't you try being an admin for a day? Why don't you all try being an admin for a day?

"They all think that they're so much better than us mortal players."
We do not.
Admins are mortal as well. Everyone seems to think that an admin is a robot who makes the correct decision every time, and has pixel-perfect judgement.
We are not robots.

Nor are admins telepathic. We can't look at a million clones and instantly point out the original standing somewhere in the crowd. We can't pick out a rulebreaker if we don't have enough proof.

If an admin makes a mistake, talk to them. If they ban someone due to false claims or misunderstandings, post an un-ban request. Don't freak out and say that the admin should be demoted. Admins have their reasons.

The worst thing is, when an admin makes a bad decision, everybody makes a big deal. As I mentioned before, we are not robots. We are not gods either. We are regular human beings like all of you are. We, the admins, have a life outside gaming altogether.

If you're going to send me hate-mail because I made a bad decision, don't.

Being an admin is harder than you think. Much harder.
[Image: P6KNEfH.png]           .       
Steam | Twitter | YouTube
Signature graphic by Barkles
Being an admin is hard work indeed. (Yes, I have been admin on multiple servers)
I think Soulripper has a fairly good admin team, too bad people don't "approve" them.
(08-08-2010, 03:45 PM)Raffi Wrote: Now Lazers, why don't you try being an admin for a day?

Sure. Lets do this. I've been an admin on my own server for a while, and it really isn't that hard. Sure, I banned people who prop spammed, but not people who killed me, or swore at me. There were punishments much less harsh then a ban available, so I used them.
(08-08-2010, 04:36 PM)Lazers Wrote:
(08-08-2010, 03:45 PM)Raffi Wrote: Now Lazers, why don't you try being an admin for a day?

Sure. Lets do this. I've been an admin on my own server for a while, and it really isn't that hard. Sure, I banned people who prop spammed, but not people who killed me, or swore at me. There were punishments much less harsh then a ban available, so I used them.

well then maybe you need to get known to the FLRP because here, the punishments aremore harsh. more harsh means that the bans are there for a reason; to make people regret. that doesnt work if the bans arent harsh
As a newly apointed admin so cant I add much to this discussion. But what I can point out is that Raffi is right, but there is one things that bothers me. And that is that evey "mortal" player should be able to say what they feel about the admin without being banned or have ny fear of punishment. The Admin should listen to what he says, and try to do better.

But if its just rubish and swearing then kick the minge.
(08-08-2010, 06:57 PM)Paven Wrote: As a newly apointed admin so cant I add much to this discussion. But what I can point out is that Raffi is right, but there is one things that bothers me. And that is that evey "mortal" player should be able to say what they feel about the admin without being banned or have ny fear of punishment. The Admin should listen to what he says, and try to do better.

But if its just rubish and swearing then kick the minge.

I can only agree to this partly, we can't listen to EVERYBODY who got banned, if I would do that I would get spammed the whole day, like "When do I get unbanned?", "I didn't do it uban me plox.", "You're a fucking stupid Admin, I gonna let you demote!" and so on, I already had that and it's just annoying.

We can listen to some cases but if you got banned for RDM, why discuss about it if it's clear.
For some Bans there is just no discussion needed, some Bans are so short you don't need to discuss about it, the discussion is sometimes longer than the Ban itself.

If you got a real complaint you can make a Topic in the Forum, that's what it's good for, but don't spam me in Steam, I will just ignore those people.

___

@ Lazers:

I don't know on what server you were Admin, but here, if you kill without reason you get banned, if you break NLR you get banned and so on, especially if you insult an Admin you get banned, this is what you did so stop complaining about unfair Bans.
Dare to think!
I think he had a sandbox ^^.
Lazers you need to understand being a admin is a very hard job, People look up to you and when you do something wrong you get doubted for it.

We do not take kindly to rulebreaking here you need to understand this if you are going to play on our server.

If you cant follow our rules dont play on our server .