unable to connect/crashing
Hey guys, ive been playing on your server here and there (when im able to get through) and im having some issues

The two things that will happen are as follows
1. I will connect to the server, and get stuck on the "retrieving server info" step

2. I actually do connect to the server, and crash for no apparent reason later on.

I really like playing on your server, but i want to get these issues sorted out.

Thanks in advance.

--The Fish Assassin! (A.K.A. James "Jackhammer" Johnson)
The first one must be because the gamemode crashed, and the server has to be reloaded / Restarted.
2nd one: Goto your garrysmod folder -> Remove Cache -> Loadup gmod -> Make your own rp_evocity_v2d MULTIPLAYER server -> Click disconnect -> Join Fearless server -> Problem Solved :-)
Remember it has to be a MULTIPLAYER server you create, else it wont work.
<3<3 I will never forget you grandfather 14.9.11 R.I.P<3<3

The 2nd fix worked, im in the server. so far so good. thanks man
No problem :-)
<3<3 I will never forget you grandfather 14.9.11 R.I.P<3<3

alright, now im having this issue where i'll make it through the connection stage, and into the server.
once im in the server, everything is black and white, and none of the rates are moving. my game then crashes.

what do i do?
(06-03-2011, 04:46 PM)Fish Wrote: alright, now im having this issue where i'll make it through the connection stage, and into the server.
once im in the server, everything is black and white, and none of the rates are moving. my game then crashes.

what do i do?
Try Renaming The Folder to Gmod.new after that delete the folder and put server files in your Garrysmod>Garrysmod Folder

(06-04-2011, 09:26 PM)Sanderson Wrote: Try Renaming The Folder to Gmod.new after that delete the folder and put server files in your Garrysmod>Garrysmod Folder

rename which folder? and delete which folder? Tounge
(06-04-2011, 09:30 PM)Fish Wrote:
(06-04-2011, 09:26 PM)Sanderson Wrote: Try Renaming The Folder to Gmod.new after that delete the folder and put server files in your Garrysmod>Garrysmod Folder

rename which folder? and delete which folder? Tounge
Computer > C: > Programs > Steam > Steamapps > (Username) > Garrys mod. Rename your garrysmodfolder to Garrysmod.new open your garrys mod and close it again. by that time you should have 2 folders. 1 named Garrysmod.new and one named Garrysmod. Delete The Garrysmod.new folder and reinstall the server files
it looks like that worked
now im eternally suck in the "retrieving server info" page >_>
Load EvoCity v2d in singleplayer first, then switch to FLRP server from the singleplayer server. Sometimes that helps. I cant think of anything else, but listen to Andreas, he is a genius. (not to mention a nubcake)